2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

Macassar88

Medalist
:) Elena Vaitsekhovskaya , she is Olympic Champion in 1976, platform diving from the 10 meter height. She is member of the Swimming Hall of Fame in the United States, journalist, etc.

Yep that's her. I just thought someone would get a kick out of my spelling of her name.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
It sounds like Christina Aguilera to me. Could be wrong though. Interesting program, not sure what I think about it. Maybe it will grow on me. Not the kind of program I'd expect to see from Adelina...Leonova or Ovacharova, yes, but Adelina usually has more balletic programs. I'll be curious to see how the judges mark it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
PJKwong has tweeted from Canada's high performance camp that Virtue and Moir are indeed using Carmen as their FD.

She also says their SD starts with "something classical"- not surprising that if they are not polkaing throughout, the other 2 rhythms are waltz and march.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pj Kwong ‏@skatingpj
Virtue/Moir SD - gorgeous waltz composed by (actor) Anthony Hopkins!! (Who knew?) FD is Carmen - confirmed #cbcskates
8:44 AM - 6 Sep 12​

ETA:

Skate Canada ‏@SkateCanada also tweeted re Carmen FD
I know at lot of you have been asking - Virtue & Moir will skate their free to Carmen!
8:38 AM - 6 Sep 12 ·​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pj Kwong ‏@skatingpj
Chan's SP - rachmaninoff - Free is La Boheme #cbcskates
8:46 AM - 6 Sep 12​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje CAN
SD The Sound of Music soundtrack (My Favorite Things)
FD LXD, The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers

Mini-add:
Pj Kwong ‏@skatingpj
Sound of music for Weaver!Poje - SD - edelweiss to start - lovely!!#cbcskates
7:51 AM - 6 Sep 12​

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Can't wait to see how Virtue & Moir will interpret Carmen :)
Still, I'm more excited to watch the FDs of Weaver & Poje and Pechalat & Bourzat.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From the GS front page article, more info about Pechalat & Bourzat's programs:

SD French CanCan (for the Yankee Polka) and Parisian Waltz by Yves Montand
The songs that they selected for the Rolling Stones medley FD are: Miss You, Angie, Sympathy for the Devil, and Start Me Up.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm not seeing it. Furthermore, the assertion that all of V&M's SD to an Anthony Hopkins waltz is even more puzzling (but may not actually be true).

This is particularly, particularly puzzling when you can lose all of your key points in the pattern dance for having the wrong timing, even if you do the steps correctly. This happened to Poulin/Servant Canada at Lake Placid JGP.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Too true. And it's not like there isn't some variety in polka music: there are country music polkas (O Susanna), grand ballroom polkas (Strauss/Die Fledermaus), French polkas, Mexican narco corridas, Bavarian polkas, joke polkas (Weird Al Yankovic), religious polka music, etc.

I'm surprised P&B didn't chose a French polka to go with Yves Montand rather than CanCan.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
translated from russian forum:

SP:

Bazarova/Larionov : Dreams of Love
Kavaguti/Smirnov: Cats w/ "Jazz Cuts "