2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

mskater93

Record Breaker
Absolutely nothing to do with Gracie Gold or the program itself. Hernando's Hideaway is just an old and tired piece of music.
I was wondering if you'd seen the new program too and had formed that opinion. It's just her SP...

I think the songwriters who composed Hernando's Hideaway were doing a deliberate spoof of the quintessential tango music, La Cumparsita. In the movie, Hernando's Hideaway is a dive in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That sort of announcement is not always mentioned here until an actual program is announced, so no, I don't think it has.

babayaga

On the Ice

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir
In honor of the Grand Prix selections today, I'd like to announce that the title of my new free program is..."Phoenix."  for my fans...
7:25 PM - 21 May 12​

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir
In honor of the Grand Prix selections today, I'd like to announce that the title of my new free program is..."Phoenix."  for my fans...
7:25 PM - 21 May 12​

Phoenix - rising from the ashes. Perfect for a comeback! :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Cool!

With a slight reworking, his large closet of Matrix costumes can be refigured as digital clock displays ;)

(I believe the actual piece from Inception is called Time?)

Doris, who is glad that Brian is not using Matrix again, but who hopes he skates as well as he does when skating to Matrix.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Per Ice Network, Adam Rippon will be skating his FS to orchestral music from the The Incredibles soundtrack (and apparently channelling Don Draper from Mad Men, so I guess 1960s jazz style?). Choreographed by Michael Seibert.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
There is an article up on IN about Pasquale Carmerlengo. In paragraph 6 of the article it says that Lori is doing Dai's programs this season.

evangeline

Record Breaker
There is an article up on IN about Pasquale Carmerlengo. In paragraph 6 of the article it says that Lori is doing Dai's programs this season.

Noooooooooooooo! There goes my dream of a Dickson/Wilson package for Daisuke next year.

I wonder where IN got that tidbit of information? It doesn't look like a direct quotation by Camerlengo.