2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Asher Hill ‏@AsherHill
"Yes we Can Can Can!!! Working on our high kick and splits....This short dance is going to be a blast"
2:16 PM - 6 Jul 12​

(Emphasis added.)

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Caroline Zhang debuted a new FS (to Puccini's Turandot, choreographed by David Wilson) and Vanessa Lam debuted a new short program (to "The Gadfly" by Shostakovich) and free skate (to The Artist film soundtrack), both choreographed by her coach, Dianne DeLeeuw-Chapman, at the Hidden Valley Open club competition this weekend - see this thread for more info and video links: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...al-news-updates-(includes-smaller-club-comps)

Last edited:
Dianne DeLeeuw? How lovely. I didn't know she was coaching a senior skater. I remember her battle with Dorothy Hamill for the 1976 OGM. She was the incumbent world champion at the time, I believe. I'm so glad she's remained in skating.

used2skate

Spectator
Dianne has coached Vanessa with her husband Doug Chapman for many years. She has also coached a past Juvenile National Champion and they have several So Cal up and comers including So Cal Interclub series leader Intermediate Vanna Giang (and sister Victoria in 2nd) and a Novice contender.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Grant Hochstein ‏@Grant_Hochstein
"Here's my music update: SP: "La Califfa" LP: "King Arthur"& "Troy". Choreo by Karen Kwan and Peter Oppegard. Debuting at LA Open. Happy 7/11"
11:42 AM - 11 Jul 12​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Per IN article on David Wilson's choreography:

Agnes Zawadzki
- New SP by Wilson: Sex and the City 2 soundtrack. "It has a Middle Eastern vibe to it," she said. "... It's different than what I've done."
- Zawadzki will be keeping her "Rhapsody in Blue" free skate, which was choreographed by Scott Brown. "It's the same music, but we have a bit of a different cut in some sections. I have new choreography and different jumps -- I have a triple Lutz-triple toe in there now, and my double Axel-triple toe is later in the program."

Jeremy Ten
- New SP by Wilson: "Grand Guignol" by Bajofondo.
- Ten plans to keep last season's long program, set to the soundtrack of Il Postino, since he got to compete it only four times.
His first competition will be Glacier Falls in August.

Jonathan Cassar
- New SP by Wilson: "a piece of music from Les Miserables, and I don't think anyone's ever skated to it," Cassar told us. "We ended up using two pieces and we made it into a short program." Cassar said that after an up-tempo opening, the majority of the program will be adagio.
- Cassar is planning to keep his free skate from last season.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
And in Pairs, these programs were shown at a competition in FL:

Felicia Zhang & Nate Bartolomay USA
SP
It starts with an instrumental version of the Beatles'-The End I'm not sure about the rest of it.
It's the main theme from the film soundtrack of Cocoon. (Nate Bartholomay is the correct spelling of his last name.)

More program info from the Boston Open:

Yasmin Siraj USA
SP "Daphnis and Chloe" (last year's)
LP Seven Years in Tibet

Harrison Choate USA
SP Latin music
Doris, you forgot to edit in Siraj's program music into your master list-in-progress.

Harrison Choate's (Latin medley) SP music is "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White" and "Mambo Jambo" by Perez Prado and his FS is to "Slaughter on 10th Avenue."

I'll post more music additions for the 2012 Broadmoor Open skaters later.

Last edited:

loreley

Rinkside
I don't know the source of this (and maybe it's incorrect), but people on russian forums say that programs of Javier Fernandez are: SP - Zorro, LP - Chaplin.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't know the source of this (and maybe it's incorrect), but people on russian forums say that programs of Javier Fernandez are: SP - Zorro, LP - Chaplin.

Zorro is perfect for Javi! I'd like to compare his Chaplin with Oda's which I loved. Are the choreographers known?

Snoopy15

On the Ice
Well, about a week ago, I was on the same session as Liam Firus and saw him practice. More importantly, I saw his new free program.
His new free program is a Medley of Muse songs. Selections include Exogenesis Part I (Overture), Part II (Cross-Pollination), and a part of the Vitamin String Quartet's cover of Knights of Cydonia. It looks wicked cool and his final step sequence is intense. :)