2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

lakeside

On the Ice
Thank you, Doris. I also saw you posting many yankee polka videos, although I’ve been working and haven’t got time to watch them yet. My goodness, you’re such an expert! :)

ryanbfan, you know Keegan’s mom? Please tell her that fans on Golden Skate forum wish her son the best of luck this coming season. I haven’t seen Keegan’s Matrix program yet, are there any online videos? I’m looking forward to watch this program. I think it’ll be a good one.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ryanbfan, you know Keegan’s mom? Please tell her that fans on Golden Skate forum wish her son the best of luck this coming season. I haven’t seen Keegan’s Matrix program yet, are there any online videos? I’m looking forward to watch this program. I think it’ll be a good one.

there's a practice video from Liberty where he skated his LP on youtube. Youtube is down for me this morning or I'd link it.

Stephanee also choreographed the "RockIt" number that Rosenthal skated to at nationals six years ago.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
IN's coverage of Liberty yielded these programs that I didn't have listed yet:

Max Aaron
LP WSS

Brandon Mroz
LP Bach Toccata & Fugue

Jack Newberry GBR
LP How To Train Your Dragon

James Schetelich USA
LP The Mission

Samantha Cesario USA
LP Black Swan

Ashley Cain USA
LP Ave Maria

Joelle Forte USA
LP The 13th Warrior

deedee1

Record Breaker
Keegan Messing's programs from the Liberty:

-SP to Sing sing sing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2YYESMS6Gc

Glad to see Keegan CAN dance. LOVED his final jump 3F from a huge split jump at 2:30! :cool:

-LP to Matrix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6cfBaPsz5w

He often skates to the music from movie soundtrack. I would rather see him skate to a classical piece for a change. ( While I agree the grand and powerful music such as Matrix would suit his style better, there are so many powerful music among the classical music, too.)

Wishing him a podium finish at US Nats this season! GOOOO Keegan! :rock:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
He often skates to the music from movie soundtrack. I would rather see him skate to a classical piece for a change. ( While I agree the grand and powerful music such as Matrix would suit his style better, there are so many powerful music among the classical music, too.)

Of all the music I've seen Keegan skate to, Sing Sing Sing actually seems to be the best fit for him IMO. He really seems to get into it. The Matrix music, on the other hand, is just monotonous bombast that I don't wish to see any skater use.

If he could, I wish he would switch the Russian split/3flip with his 3lutz/3toe combo. With the new even distribution bonus in play for short programs in singles, the latter combo would rack up an extra 1.01 points, vs. the .53 that the 3flip gets.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Of all the music I've seen Keegan skate to, Sing Sing Sing actually seems to be the best fit for him IMO. He really seems to get into it.

If he could, I wish he would switch the Russian split/3flip with his 3lutz/3toe combo. With the new even distribution bonus in play for short programs in singles, the latter combo would rack up an extra 1.01 points, vs. the .53 that the 3flip gets.

:agree: to Keegan's Sing x3.

As for your suggestion to switch his final jump from 3F to 3Lz3T, I am sure he is capable of doing it considering as good a jumper as Keegan is. But the reason he puts that combo at the beginning of the program, I think he wants to do 4T3T later in the season, maybe?

Serious Business

Record Breaker
:agree: to Keegan's Sing x3.

As for your suggestion to switch his final jump from 3F to 3Lz3T, I am sure he is capable of doing it considering as good a jumper as Keegan is. But the reason he puts that combo at the beginning of the program, I think he wants to do 4T3T later in the season, maybe?

That makes sense! I was wondering where his potential quad was going to go while watching his programs (Ross Miner and Brandon Mroz both attempted quads at this competition). In that case, if he could, he might consider putting his 3axel at the end. Granted, his 3axel seems to have deserted him this competition, but it's his money jump and I don't expect it to be gone for long.

On a note related to this and beyond Keegan, I love seeing all the programs so early in the process! However, so far, it seems very few SPs are taking advantage of the new jump distribution bonus. There was this one girl's SP where I'm pretty sure her last jump missed the bonus mark by about 10 seconds. I really thought the rule change would have a bigger effect on jump layouts. Although, I haven't really seen that many SPs yet.

deedee1

Record Breaker
In that case, if he could, he might consider putting his 3axel at the end. Granted, his 3axel seems to have deserted him this competition, but it's his money jump and I don't expect it to be gone for long.

On a note related to this and beyond Keegan, I love seeing all the programs so early in the process! However, so far, it seems very few SPs are taking advantage of the new jump distribution bonus. There was this one girl's SP where I'm pretty sure her last jump missed the bonus mark by about 10 seconds. I really thought the rule change would have a bigger effect on jump layouts. Although, I haven't really seen that many SPs yet.

I have a mixed feeling on this one.
Keegan tends to pop a jump (or two) when he gets so nervous, especially at a nerve-wrecking competition like the US Nats, I am afraid. It's too risky and surely kill his chance to place higher if he is to pop 3A into 2A or even 1A...
I would rather want him doing 3Lz, which is his best jump I think btw, as his final jump in SP, so that he can add 3T later with this 3Lz in case he misses his opening 4T3T combo.

Actually I believe it's too risky to put 3A at the end in SP for most of boys, maybe except those who have pretty consistent/reliable 3A such as Yuzuru and Daisuke. Boys, in general, are not good at doing a clean SP to begin with, don't you think? (Verner, Abbott, Joubert, Rippon come to my mind.) Knowing they can't miss any jumps, boys always get more nervous in SP than in LP, compared to girls. To me, boys seem more relaxed in LP, because they have back-up plans/opportunity/jump contents enough to regain points later in their program, and stamina for doing so of course, in case they miss one or two of their big jumps at the beginning.

And I think girls are opposite for that matter. There are many girls who can skate clean SP, but are not good at skating clean LP due to lack of stamina/difficult jumps (3Lz and/or 3F). In case they are to miss one of their combos or two at the beginning, it sometimes turn out to be disastrous.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
deedee1, interesting point about men vs. women in jump consistency in the SP. I've never noticed such a pattern before, and don't find it apparent even after you mentioned it. My gut feeling is that there isn't a big difference overall in the highest levels of skating.

As for how Keegan should place his jumps, I am totally armchair coaching. :laugh: It's all dependent on what he can consistently do in competition situations. And he and his team know that far better than I. But I do wonder if they're as mindful of the new rule as they should be. You gotta squeeze out every point! I'd recommend skaters do all their jumps after the minute 25 mark if they listened to me!

deedee1

Record Breaker
As for how Keegan should place his jumps, I am totally armchair coaching. :laugh:

But I do wonder if they're as mindful of the new rule as they should be. You gotta squeeze out every point! I'd recommend skaters do all their jumps after the minute 25 mark if they listened to me!

I have never skated in my whole life (I 'literally' walked on ice and fell a couple of time, though), so I am totally an armchair fan! :laugh:

I like your idea doing all 3 jumps after the mark in SP. :cool:
Evgeni is totally capable of puling it off, don't you agree? The opposite of his typical LP. :biggrin:
He shall be ahead of everyone else, something like 10 points in SP. Then he does not have to care about any transitions, more CoP-friendly or not.
I can hear a far cry from fans of other skaters, including the current Olympic medalists, and they may demand a minor rule change for 2013-14 seaosn. :p

p.s. Sorry, guys I am just kidding...'cause the current Olympic bronze medalist is...you know. lol

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Julia Lipnitskaya:

SP: Sabre Dance
FP: Pas de Deux from "The Nutcracker"

source: her sprashivai.ru

Macassar88

Medalist
Julia Lipnitskaya's taste in FP music is similar to Sasha Cohen's.

Yeah. I have her music plan through Pyongchang:

In no particular order:

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto Number 2, Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, Dark Eyes (free skate, not short program), Swan Lake, and Moonlight Sonata!

DianaSelene

Medalist
Yeah. I have her music plan through Pyongchang:

In no particular order:

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto Number 2, Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, Dark Eyes (free skate, not short program), Swan Lake, and Moonlight Sonata!

Add My Sweet and Tender Beast to that list.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
From Adrian Schultheiss site:

In May, Adrian worked with his choreographer Irina Romanova on a new short program while he trained in the USA, and then he headed to Switzerland, where he worked with Salome Brunner who choreographed his new free program.

SP: Robotboys :laugh: ....how can he stand practicing to it day after day after day……

LP: Pieces from Rene Aubry + a special version Classical music, quite different from his SP :thumbsup:

Go Adrian!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's clear from the photos at LPIDC that Kriengkrairut & Giuletti Schmitt are doing a cowboy themed polka and that Van As & Shindle (CAN) are doing a traditional German/Austrian polka