2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

deedee1

Record Breaker
I find it interesting/amusing that the only 2 dance teams I recall ever skating to the music from Yentl are both from Italy--first Faiella & Scali and now Bernardi & Mior ;) I wonder whether Bernardi & Mior will say they are butterflies, too?

I loved Federica & Massimo's Yentl! :love:
Good luck to Bernardi & Mior in the new season! :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
From GS article on Skate Detroit http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/07/2012-skate-detroit-senior-highlights/:

LADIES

Kiri Baga USA
SP The Mission

Becky Bereswill USA
SP Tango
LP Cinderella

Lauren Dinh USA
SP Ave Maria​

MEN

Andrei Rogozine CAN
LP Tosca

(And per IN, Andrew Gonzales USA: LP Tosca}

PAIRS

Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier USA
SP Malaguena

Kirsten Moore-Towers & Dylan Moscovitch CAN
SP " waltz with Parisian sounds"
LP Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen​

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From a review of the Scarborough show:

Ralph & Hill CAN
SD GIgi and cancan
FD Barcelona

Paul Poirier and Piper Gilles. CAN
Their FD was to WIld SPirits

Snoopy15

On the Ice
Per going on the same practice session, Liam Firus' new SP is Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto.
This is the same music that Daisuke Takahashi used in his own SP in the 2006-2007 season, as I don't rememberthe full name.
Sorry...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A bit more re Johnny Weir, from IN today (emphases added):

"I want people to see I am a warrior. I am angry; I am very fiery," he said. "The free is called 'Phoenix' and its pieces are by the group Escala ['Sarabande' and 'Requiem'] and violinist Edvin Marton [a Chopin selection]. I chose music I love and am inspired by. They are classics, but the way we've arranged the program nobody will think, 'Oh, I've seen this before.'"

His short is pure athletic entertainment, set to the music of one of his idols, Lady Gaga. Most of the choreography is from the skater and his coach, with others lending expertise.

"Nikoli [Morozov] just works on steps; he is very good with the judging system," Zmievskaya said. "Johnny has a very talented body; he really feels the music. He is not a baby. In my opinion, he needs to make programs with his own feelings and not represent a choreographer."

"Nikoli is an advisor; everything else, I'm a free agent," Weir said. "I wanted to work with David Wilson in the beginning of the summer, but he is very busy and my schedule wasn't matching his. So the programs are all me and Galina."

Still no specifics re his Gaga music.

He will attend Champs Camp. "After that, he hopes to test his programs at Finlandia Trophy in early October."

inskate

On the Ice
Evgenia, Welcome to Golden Skate! Post Long and Often!

Alexander Johnson SP Glacier Falls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qlGTuPqfoQ&feature=youtu.be

Max Aaron SP Glacier Falls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPYM62pUwoA&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone recognize either of the above two pieces of "music"?

Alex's SP - Gershwin's "Piano Concerto in F", as far as I can tell the parts used were "Allegro Agitato" and "Allegro" (although certain parts are almost indistinguishable for me due to bad sound quality ^^).

Max's SP - again, awful sound quality, but I think it's the soundtrack from Tron Legacy (by Daft Punk)..? The part starting during the footwork is definitely "Derezzed", the first part sounds like "Recognizer", and the part during the flying camel like "The Game Has Changed" or maybe "Fall"..? :)

inskate

On the Ice

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:eek::
This link actually leads to a video called "Johnny and June Carter Cash sing Jackson" :) Here's Michael's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQ0bTXr1BQ

As far as I can tell it's "Night in Paris" by Josh Vietti. Super voidy skater, BTW, I loved his entrance into 2A and the final spin - amazing Biellman position!

:eek::

Oops. That link was for the "Name in the Title" game in the Games folder (Jackson being Jackson, Mississippi)

Does anyone know what the "tinkly waltz with Parisian sounds" that M-T/M are using is????

Also from Indy, I see that Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir are using a combo of Stray Cat Strut and The Pink Panther for their SP

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The competitor lists for JGP Courchevel & JGP Lake Placid are up at isu.org, and quite a few of the competitors have updated their ISU biographies.

Here's the Junior dancers that have updated so far, that I have found

Laura Abts & Maarten Buckens BEL
SD Halo by Beyonce;; Intergalactic by Beastie Boys
FD Peppy and George (from The Artist soundtrack); George's Cafe lyrics performed by Hooverphonic (from The Artist soundtrack); Leatherheads by Randy Newman

Sara Aghai & / Jussiville Partanen FIN
SD Trouble by Elvis Presley
FD Egyptic by Beats Antique; feres by Natacha Atlas; Sharm-elSheikh by Zamalek Musicians

Johanna Allik & Paul Bellantuono EST
SD Swing: Don't Mess With My Man by Nadja; Blues Me and Mr. Jones by May Winehouse
FD Polovetstian Dances from Prince Igor by Alexander Borodin

Noa Bruser & Timothy Lum CAN
SD Big and Bad by Big Bad Woodoo Daddy; Save My Soul by Big Bad Woodoo Daddy
FD Jack Sparrow theme (from Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; Moonlight Serenade by Klaus Badelt; He's a Pirate (from Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

Charlotte Dyson & Paul Dredge GBR
SD Blues: Minnie the Moocher
FD I'll Take Care of You by Joe Bonamassa; Beggin by Madcon

Alexandra Eaton & Daniel Aldridge USA
SD Pennsylvania 6-5000 by Brian Setzer; Down Home Blues by Gene Harris
FD Fiddler on the Roof

Madeline Edwards & Zhao Kai Peng CAN
SD Blues: Why Don't You Do Right; Swing: Mr. Pinstripe Suit by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
FD George Valentin (from The Artist soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource; Waltz for Peppy (from The Artist soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource; Peppy and George (from The Artist soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource

Victoria Hasegawa & Connor Hawagawa CAN
SD Blues: Harlem Nocturne by Earle Hagen, Dick Rogers; Swing: Kiss Me Deadly by Brian Setzer
FD Finding Satsu (from Memoirs of a Geisha) by John Williams; The Chairman's Waltz (from Memoirs of a Geisha) by John Williams; Becoming a Geisha (from Memoirs of a Geisha) by John Williams
Strobe's Nanafushhi (Satori Mix), Lion by Kodo

Madeline Heritage & Nathaniel Fast USA
SD Blues; Give Me one Reason by Tracy Chapman
FD Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles; Blackbird by The Beatles; Yesterday by The Beatles

Daria Korotitskaia & / Maksim Spodirev UKR
SD Blues: Come Together by Geirge Martin; Swing: Dancing Full by Bobby Mc Ferrin
FD Paxi Ni Ngongo - Don Juan musical soundtrack

Evgenia Kosigina & Nikolai Moroshkin RUS
SD Blues and Swing: Lord of the Dance - Capone by Ronan Hardiman
FD Michael Jackson Medley

Victoria Laura Lohmus & Andrei Davodov EST
SD Blues: Perry Mason Theme; Swing: Jumpin' Jack
FD Hi de Ho (from the Mask soundtrack); This Business of Love (from the Mask soundtrack); Hey Pachuco (from the Mask soundtrack)

Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter USA
SDHip-Hop: Ramalama Bang Bang by Roisin Murphy; Blues: Zombie Blues by Flipron; Hip-Hop: Ramalama Bang Bang by Roisin Murphy
FD Le Balcon by Gerard Presgurvic; Les Rois Du Monde by Gerard Presgurvic

Holly Moore & Daniel Klaber USA
SD Swing and Blues: Grease Medley
FD Selection from Moulin Rouge soundtrack

Daria Morozova & Mikhail Zhirnov RUS
SD Swing ; Blues
FD Tristan and Isolde

Elliana Pogrebinksky & Ross Gudis USA
SD Hip Hop: Overpowerd by Roisin Murphy; Blues: The Blues by Mr. De; Hip Hop: Cry Baby by Roisin Murphy
FD Mazurka by Aram Khatchaturian; Romance by Aram Khatchaturian; Waltz by Aram Khatchaturian

Andreanne Poulin & Marc-Andre Servant CAN
SD Mars vs Venus by Usher; Without You by David Guetta ft. Usher
FD American Empirical Pictures by Alexandre Desplat; Mr. Fox in the Fields by Alexandre Desplat; Cains Lubus by Alexandre Desplat; Whack-Bat Majorette Ensemble by Alexandre Desplat

Maria Simonova & Dmitriy Dragun RUS
SD Blues
FD The Nightmare Before Christmas (soundtrack)

Jasmine Tessari & Stephano Colfato ITA
SD Sumertime by Geroge Gershwin; The Mask (soundtrack)
FD The Phantom of the Opera (musical) by A. L. Webber

Lolita Yermak & Alexei Khimich UKR
SD Blues: St James Infirmary by Huhg Laurie; Swing: Vive Le Swing Music
FD Sarabande Suite

Mina Zdravkova &/ Henry Aiken GBR
SD It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing by Puppini Sisters
FD Two Worlds Reprise (from Tarzan Soundtrack); African Dream Song (from Tarzan Soundtrack)

Valeria Zenkova & Valerie Sinitsin RUS
SD Blues: Your Heart Is As Black As Night; Swing: Brother Swing Music
FD Cats (musical) by A. L. Webber

A lot of music we haven't heard before on ice is being used :love:

There is also a report that Stepanova & Bukin RUS are doing their free dance to Bolero

I've edited the front page post to reflect these updates, including cases where we now have more details on the music from the ISU bios.

Does anyone know the correct spelling of Elliana Pogrebin(k)sky's name?
ISU & Wheaton Skating Academy list it with an extra k
ice-dance.com, youtube & last year's US Nationals results list it without an extra k.

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
The competitor lists for JGP Courchevel & JGP Lake Placid are up at isu.org, and quite a few of the competitors have updated their ISU biographies.

Here's the Junior dancers that have updated so far, that I have found

Laura Abts & Maarten Buckens BEL
SD Halo by Beyonce;; Intergalactic by Beastie Boys
FD Peppy and George (from The Artist soundtrack); George's Cafe lyrics performed by Hooverphonic (from The Artist soundtrack); Leatherheads by Randy Newman

Really excited about this Belgian team! They've been working together for years and take their competitive future really seriously. I really like Hooverphonic's 'George's Cafe' :D