Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 645

Thread: 2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

  1. #241
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    139
    Thank you, Doris. I also saw you posting many yankee polka videos, although I’ve been working and haven’t got time to watch them yet. My goodness, you’re such an expert!

    ryanbfan, you know Keegan’s mom? Please tell her that fans on Golden Skate forum wish her son the best of luck this coming season. I haven’t seen Keegan’s Matrix program yet, are there any online videos? I’m looking forward to watch this program. I think it’ll be a good one.

  2. #242
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    998
    http://www.newsrm.ru/sport/V_Saransk...aniyu_12-07-21
    No news on music choices, but Bazarova and Larionov have two new programs which are supposed to be more interesting.
    SP by Tarasova and LP by Zueva and Shpilband (no idea on when it was choreographed, but I'd assume before the split)

  3. #243
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    ryanbfan, you know Keegan’s mom? Please tell her that fans on Golden Skate forum wish her son the best of luck this coming season. I haven’t seen Keegan’s Matrix program yet, are there any online videos? I’m looking forward to watch this program. I think it’ll be a good one.
    there's a practice video from Liberty where he skated his LP on youtube. Youtube is down for me this morning or I'd link it.

    Stephanee also choreographed the "RockIt" number that Rosenthal skated to at nationals six years ago.

  4. #244
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,930
    IN's coverage of Liberty yielded these programs that I didn't have listed yet:

    Max Aaron
    LP WSS

    Brandon Mroz
    LP Bach Toccata & Fugue

    Jack Newberry GBR
    LP How To Train Your Dragon

    James Schetelich USA
    LP The Mission

    Samantha Cesario USA
    LP Black Swan

    Ashley Cain USA
    LP Ave Maria

    Joelle Forte USA
    LP The 13th Warrior

  5. #245
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,095
    Wesley Campbell USA
    SP- Bolero

  6. #246
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Keegan Messing's programs from the Liberty:

    -SP to Sing sing sing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2YYESMS6Gc

    Glad to see Keegan CAN dance. LOVED his final jump 3F from a huge split jump at 2:30!

    -LP to Matrix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6cfBaPsz5w

    He often skates to the music from movie soundtrack. I would rather see him skate to a classical piece for a change. ( While I agree the grand and powerful music such as Matrix would suit his style better, there are so many powerful music among the classical music, too.)

    Wishing him a podium finish at US Nats this season! GOOOO Keegan!

  7. #247
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    He often skates to the music from movie soundtrack. I would rather see him skate to a classical piece for a change. ( While I agree the grand and powerful music such as Matrix would suit his style better, there are so many powerful music among the classical music, too.)
    Of all the music I've seen Keegan skate to, Sing Sing Sing actually seems to be the best fit for him IMO. He really seems to get into it. The Matrix music, on the other hand, is just monotonous bombast that I don't wish to see any skater use.

    If he could, I wish he would switch the Russian split/3flip with his 3lutz/3toe combo. With the new even distribution bonus in play for short programs in singles, the latter combo would rack up an extra 1.01 points, vs. the .53 that the 3flip gets.

  8. #248
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Of all the music I've seen Keegan skate to, Sing Sing Sing actually seems to be the best fit for him IMO. He really seems to get into it.

    If he could, I wish he would switch the Russian split/3flip with his 3lutz/3toe combo. With the new even distribution bonus in play for short programs in singles, the latter combo would rack up an extra 1.01 points, vs. the .53 that the 3flip gets.
    to Keegan's Sing x3.

    As for your suggestion to switch his final jump from 3F to 3Lz3T, I am sure he is capable of doing it considering as good a jumper as Keegan is. But the reason he puts that combo at the beginning of the program, I think he wants to do 4T3T later in the season, maybe?

  9. #249
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    to Keegan's Sing x3.

    As for your suggestion to switch his final jump from 3F to 3Lz3T, I am sure he is capable of doing it considering as good a jumper as Keegan is. But the reason he puts that combo at the beginning of the program, I think he wants to do 4T3T later in the season, maybe?
    That makes sense! I was wondering where his potential quad was going to go while watching his programs (Ross Miner and Brandon Mroz both attempted quads at this competition). In that case, if he could, he might consider putting his 3axel at the end. Granted, his 3axel seems to have deserted him this competition, but it's his money jump and I don't expect it to be gone for long.

    On a note related to this and beyond Keegan, I love seeing all the programs so early in the process! However, so far, it seems very few SPs are taking advantage of the new jump distribution bonus. There was this one girl's SP where I'm pretty sure her last jump missed the bonus mark by about 10 seconds. I really thought the rule change would have a bigger effect on jump layouts. Although, I haven't really seen that many SPs yet.

  10. #250
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    In that case, if he could, he might consider putting his 3axel at the end. Granted, his 3axel seems to have deserted him this competition, but it's his money jump and I don't expect it to be gone for long.

    On a note related to this and beyond Keegan, I love seeing all the programs so early in the process! However, so far, it seems very few SPs are taking advantage of the new jump distribution bonus. There was this one girl's SP where I'm pretty sure her last jump missed the bonus mark by about 10 seconds. I really thought the rule change would have a bigger effect on jump layouts. Although, I haven't really seen that many SPs yet.
    I have a mixed feeling on this one.
    Keegan tends to pop a jump (or two) when he gets so nervous, especially at a nerve-wrecking competition like the US Nats, I am afraid. It's too risky and surely kill his chance to place higher if he is to pop 3A into 2A or even 1A...
    I would rather want him doing 3Lz, which is his best jump I think btw, as his final jump in SP, so that he can add 3T later with this 3Lz in case he misses his opening 4T3T combo.

    Actually I believe it's too risky to put 3A at the end in SP for most of boys, maybe except those who have pretty consistent/reliable 3A such as Yuzuru and Daisuke. Boys, in general, are not good at doing a clean SP to begin with, don't you think? (Verner, Abbott, Joubert, Rippon come to my mind.) Knowing they can't miss any jumps, boys always get more nervous in SP than in LP, compared to girls. To me, boys seem more relaxed in LP, because they have back-up plans/opportunity/jump contents enough to regain points later in their program, and stamina for doing so of course, in case they miss one or two of their big jumps at the beginning.

    And I think girls are opposite for that matter. There are many girls who can skate clean SP, but are not good at skating clean LP due to lack of stamina/difficult jumps (3Lz and/or 3F). In case they are to miss one of their combos or two at the beginning, it sometimes turn out to be disastrous.

  11. #251
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,452
    deedee1, interesting point about men vs. women in jump consistency in the SP. I've never noticed such a pattern before, and don't find it apparent even after you mentioned it. My gut feeling is that there isn't a big difference overall in the highest levels of skating.

    As for how Keegan should place his jumps, I am totally armchair coaching. It's all dependent on what he can consistently do in competition situations. And he and his team know that far better than I. But I do wonder if they're as mindful of the new rule as they should be. You gotta squeeze out every point! I'd recommend skaters do all their jumps after the minute 25 mark if they listened to me!

  12. #252
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    As for how Keegan should place his jumps, I am totally armchair coaching.

    But I do wonder if they're as mindful of the new rule as they should be. You gotta squeeze out every point! I'd recommend skaters do all their jumps after the minute 25 mark if they listened to me!
    I have never skated in my whole life (I 'literally' walked on ice and fell a couple of time, though), so I am totally an armchair fan!

    I like your idea doing all 3 jumps after the mark in SP.
    Evgeni is totally capable of puling it off, don't you agree? The opposite of his typical LP.
    He shall be ahead of everyone else, something like 10 points in SP. Then he does not have to care about any transitions, more CoP-friendly or not.
    I can hear a far cry from fans of other skaters, including the current Olympic medalists, and they may demand a minor rule change for 2013-14 seaosn.

    p.s. Sorry, guys I am just kidding...'cause the current Olympic bronze medalist is...you know. lol

  13. #253
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,930
    Julia Lipnitskaya:

    SP: Sabre Dance
    FP: Pas de Deux from "The Nutcracker"

    source: her sprashivai.ru

  14. #254
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Julia Lipnitskaya:

    SP: Sabre Dance
    FP: Pas de Deux from "The Nutcracker"

    source: her sprashivai.ru
    Julia Lipnitskaya's taste in FP music is similar to Sasha Cohen's.

  15. #255
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,930

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •