Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 645

Thread: 2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

  1. #391
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,616
    Thanks for the updates, once again, Doris. Does this mean there is still a chance that Abbot might continue to use his Muse LP - I know lot's of people hate to see recycled programs, and I tend to feel more impressed by skaters who get new programs every year, BUT...I really loved that LP and would love to seem it again, even if just as exhibition.

  2. #392
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,251
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Thanks for the updates, once again, Doris. Does this mean there is still a chance that Abbot might continue to use his Muse LP - I know lot's of people hate to see recycled programs, and I tend to feel more impressed by skaters who get new programs every year, BUT...I really loved that LP and would love to seem it again, even if just as exhibition.
    Who knows what it means? It means to me that Abbott could be skating to absolutely anything, including last year's program, although generally when people keep a previous year's program, you hear about it very early on.

    As long as he doesn't skate to The Artist soundtrack, I'll be happy. The Artist appears to be this year's Requiem For a Dream; lots of people are using it in all 4 disciplines.

  3. #393
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,659
    It won the Oscar, it's to be expected that everyone wants to use it.

  4. #394
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,251
    Yes, and that's exactly why a savvy team/skater should avoid it-you have to know it is going to be used a lot.

    Thanks to colleen o'neill, here's Orford & Williams' SD
    “Sold (The Grundy County Auction Indident)”
    John Michael Montgomery
    Tennesse Waltz
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24784725
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 08-18-2012 at 08:59 AM.

  5. #395
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,251
    The BC Summer Skate is on UStream/skatebuzz, so a number of ID's of skaters' programs have been ID'd by viewers of that competition.

    We've had ID's of some of these before, but not links. Some are new, too:


    Maciej Cieplucha POL
    SP Edward's Blues
    LP String quartet and piano version of the Cinema Paradiso -Kurtis Hori & aGrieg Piano Concerto

    Sean Cuevas CAN
    SP Mausam and Escape from Slumdog Millonaire

    Liam Firus CAN
    SP Tchaikovsky violin concerto
    LP Muse

    Jairus Godfrey CAN
    SP I Love Paris

    Graeme Gordon CAN
    SP Me gustaria-Reggaeton Street Mix

    Mitchell Gordon CAN
    SP The Untouchables (but not the usual excerpt
    LP Sweet Caroline: An Orchestral Fantasy ?

    Kevin Reynolds
    LP music is Concerto no. 4 for Piano and Orchestra by André Mathieu (a French-Canadian composer); Kenji Miyamoto choreographed. Middle section as being from the "Romantic Rhapsody"

    Jeremy Ten CAN
    SP Grand Guignol/Bajofondo

    Drew Wolfe CAN
    SP Malaguena (but not the Sasha Cohen et. al. one




    Jane Gray CAN
    SP Illumination/Secret Garden

    Amanda Hoffman CAN
    SP Stairway to Heaven

    Shoko Ishikawa JPN
    SP Fallahi by Hossam Ramzy

    Jacqueline Leniuk CAN
    SP Pink Noise Waltz/The Butcher's Ballroom

    Kitty Qian CAN
    SP Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence
    LP Black Swan

    Alexandra Rynn CAN
    SP Asturias/William Joseph Feat, Jesse Cook



    Madeline Edwards / Zhaokai Pang CAN
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24784128
    SD Blues: Why Don't You Do Right; Swing:

    Larissa Van As / Troy Shindle CA N
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24784864

    Caelen Dalmer / Shane Firus CAN
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24784372
    Swing: I got a Woman Way over Town, Blues: Don't Cry Baby..Dry Your Eyes & Let's Be Sweethearts Again

    Noa Bruser & Timothy Lum CAN
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24783998

    Sara Aghai / Jussiville Partenan FIN
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24784248

  6. #396
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784
    Did we already have that P/I's Edith Piaf SD is "La Foule " and "Milord" ?

    ETA: O/W music from "High Society"... .."Sensational" .."That's Jazz".." True Love " and " Who Wants To Be A Millionaire "

    ETA again : Van As /Shindle .."Bye-bye Love".."Put your Head On My Shoulder".." Roll Over Beethoven "
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 08-18-2012 at 07:08 PM.

  7. #397
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,251
    Thanks, Colleen! I knew you would have watched O&W live. B&K did High Society one year, AFAIR. How did O&W's compare (since ustream didn't archive it and it is nowhere to be found

    BTW I hear that Russian forums are saying

    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva RUS finally chose between her several programs:
    SP Love Story
    LP Dark Eyes

  8. #398
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784
    doris.. Gee , I wouldn't know how to begin to compare the 2 "High Society"s..Two couples at two different stages of their careers, so Shae & Vic display more polish ,in a way , right off the bat ..but apart from the opening introduction , the music didn't have much to do with the movie, ( of course, they tried to make Shae look Grace Kelly-ish ) ... I liked their Opus One finish a lot.

    O/W..Dang! I want to see it again , it's hard to tell a lot from one viewing .. but if memory serves ..I thought it moved well from section to section..Opens with an orchestral "Sensational" .. nice and sweepy, and the music throughout is definitely recognizable, ..I thought their lifts looked good.. some nice styling in the footworky bits in the jazzy parts ..Twizzles looked good to me ..I do think Thomas is catching up nicely..better extensions , not so much breaking at the hip, more fluid upper body..Nice peppy finish to Who Wants to be a Millionaire ..costumes work without being specific. ( OK by me ) Quite a lot of silky skirt that just whooshes for Nicole ..Thomas' grey formal vest and fancy blue tie , very becoming..yep, nice general society wedding party look..

  9. #399
    Custom Title Snoopy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The BC Summer Skate is on UStream/skatebuzz, so a number of ID's of skaters' programs have been ID'd by viewers of that competition.

    We've had ID's of some of these before, but not links. Some are new, too:


    Maciej Cieplucha POL
    SP Edward's Blues
    LP String quartet and piano version of the Cinema Paradiso -Kurtis Hori & aGrieg Piano Concerto

    Sean Cuevas CAN
    SP Mausam and Escape from Slumdog Millonaire

    Liam Firus CAN
    SP Tchaikovsky violin concerto
    LP Muse

    Jairus Godfrey CAN
    SP I Love Paris

    Graeme Gordon CAN
    SP Me gustaria-Reggaeton Street Mix

    Mitchell Gordon CAN
    SP The Untouchables (but not the usual excerpt
    LP Sweet Caroline: An Orchestral Fantasy ?

    Kevin Reynolds
    LP music is Concerto no. 4 for Piano and Orchestra by André Mathieu (a French-Canadian composer); Kenji Miyamoto choreographed. Middle section as being from the "Romantic Rhapsody"

    Jeremy Ten CAN
    SP Grand Guignol/Bajofondo

    Drew Wolfe CAN
    SP Malaguena (but not the Sasha Cohen et. al. one




    Jane Gray CAN
    SP Illumination/Secret Garden

    Amanda Hoffman CAN
    SP Stairway to Heaven

    Shoko Ishikawa JPN
    SP Fallahi by Hossam Ramzy

    Jacqueline Leniuk CAN
    SP Pink Noise Waltz/The Butcher's Ballroom

    Kitty Qian CAN
    SP Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence
    LP Black Swan

    Alexandra Rynn CAN
    SP Asturias/William Joseph Feat, Jesse Cook



    Madeline Edwards / Zhaokai Pang CAN
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24784128
    SD Blues: Why Don't You Do Right; Swing:

    Larissa Van As / Troy Shindle CA N
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24784864

    Caelen Dalmer / Shane Firus CAN
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24784372
    Swing: I got a Woman Way over Town, Blues: Don't Cry Baby..Dry Your Eyes & Let's Be Sweethearts Again

    Noa Bruser & Timothy Lum CAN
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24783998

    Sara Aghai / Jussiville Partenan FIN
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24784248

    Sorry to interrupt, but three minor details here.
    - Kurtis Hori's SP is to Storm by the Yoshida Brothers.
    - Sean Cuevas should be spelled Shawn Cuevas.
    - Graeme Gordon's SP is to the Saw Soundtrack, not to the Reggaeton Street Mix.

  10. #400
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    555
    Yuna just released her new music choices!

    SP: Kiss of the Vampire
    LP: Les Miserables

  11. #401
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,251
    100yen, with YuNa's new programs named, I feel the season about to start! Oh the excitement.

    Snoopy 15, thanks for the corrections.

  12. #402
    Custom Title christinaskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yen View Post
    Yuna just released her new music choices!

    SP: Kiss of the Vampire
    LP: Les Miserables

    Excellent musical choices!

  13. #403
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,401
    Jeremy Abbott ‏@jeremyabbottpcf

    - Well now's as good a time as any. My short is "Spy" we got the music directly from the composer. I think it will surprise a lot of people.
    10:24 AM - 20 Aug 12

    - My long is "Bring him home" we worked all summer w/ an amazing composer from NY and ended up with and incredible, emotional version!
    10:29 AM - 20 Aug 12

  14. #404
    Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    100yen, with YuNa's new programs named, I feel the season about to start! Oh the excitement.
    I feel the same way! Everything's right around the corner, now. Can't wait for Champs Camp!!!

  15. #405
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,251
    Full data on Paul & Islam's music is on their skate canada bio:

    Alexandra Paul & Mitchell Islam CAN
    SD Part 1: La Foule (Edith Piaf) Part 2: Milord (Edith Piaf)
    FD The Crisis (Ennio Morricone); 1900's Madness #1 (Ennio Morricone); Danny's Blues (Ennio Morricone); 12th Street Rag (Euday L. Bowman); Part 5: Playing Love (from The Legend of 1900) (Ennio Morricone) Part 4: 12th Street Rag (Euday L. Bowman); Part 5: Playing Love (from The Legend of 1900) (Ennio Morricone)

    They are NOT using La Vie En Rose.

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •