2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Florent Amodio has just sent tweets ("shouting" even) to solicit ideas for his new programs:

@AmodioFlorent
"HAVE YOU GOT NICE IDEAS FOR MY NEW PROGRAMS 2013 !! ?? WRITE IT PLEASE !!"

‏@AmodioFlorent
"Si vous avez de belles idées pour moi pour mes nouveaux programmes en cette saison pré olympique je serais heureux de vous lire!! A très vite"

Last edited:
Toni, I've never watched the whole of Mary Poppins :slinkaway: so I don't know all the songs.

But check out the stage version if you get a chance! -- I think it is still touring. :rock:

Chim-chim Cher-ee won the oscar for best song in 1964. (A Hard Day's Night by the Beatles wasn't nominated! :eek: ) Although the words are nonsensical and upbeat, the actual music is in a spooky minor key -- very much the two sides of the character of Mary Poppins from the books. (The half-way scary supernatural side of Mary Poppins was not present in the Julie Andrews portrayal.)

Spoonful of sugar seems a little slow for a polka. It is, however, very similar to "Shall We Dance?" from the King and I (Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner) which is supposed to be a polka. (Mrs. MM always swoons at the first few seconds of this clip. :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdyqmN5cnRQ&t=3m5s

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
Alexandra Paul tweeted that she and Mitch Islam are doing music from the movie The Legend of 1900 for their FD. Daisuke used a piece from this soundtrack for his exhibition last year, and I thought it was beautiful.

conga

On the Ice
Morricone has some wonderful music and I'll need to check out Daisuke's exhibition. It will be interesting to see what pieces P/I use from 1900 in order to satisfy the dance requirement for a constant beat. IIRC there was some ragtime, but a lot of the other songs were more typically score-like and might not work unless, of course, the beat is added. Will be watching for this one!

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Morricone has some wonderful music and I'll need to check out Daisuke's exhibition. It will be interesting to see what pieces P/I use from 1900 in order to satisfy the dance requirement for a constant beat. IIRC there was some ragtime, but a lot of the other songs were more typically score-like and might not work unless, of course, the beat is added. Will be watching for this one!

This sounds like it will be a wonderful choice! I hope they choose pieces with an obvious beat, rather than hiring a DJ to add beats to the music for them, like the Germans did last year.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Alexandra Paul & Mitchell Islam CAN
SD
FD The Legend of 1900 soundtrack by Ennio Morricone

Alexandra tweeted that this was their FD music.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Vanessa Crone and her new partner Nikolaj Sorensen will skate to " The Sound of music" for the Short dance.

Ravensque

On the Ice
Aren't Paul and his new partner skating to "The Sound of Music as well"? If so, it should be interesting.

Tammi

On the Ice
Vanessa Crone and her new partner Nikolaj Sorensen will skate to " The Sound of music" for the Short dance.
Guessing it's The Lonely Goatherd. That's actually the first song that popped into my head when I heard the Senior dance would be the polka.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Tiffany Vise ‏( @icetiff ) of Vise & Baldwin, USA, tweeted on May 13:

So excited to be working with Phillip Mills this week on our new short program to the instrumental version "Open Arms" by Journey.

mskater93

Record Breaker
^^^ what is that supposed to mean? The program is interesting and quirky and will definitely be not like everything else, which I think is a good thing!!

waxel

Final Flight
Absolutely nothing to do with Gracie Gold or the program itself. Hernando's Hideaway is just an old and tired piece of music.