Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Per Kaitlyn's facebook, Weaver and Poje's SD will be "The Sound of Music."

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Oda's programs are announced:

SP Ragtime Music (Choreo by Tom Dickson)
LP The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Dukas and Daphnis et Chloé by Ravel (Choreo by Lori Nichol)

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker

LP The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Dukas and Daphnis et Chloé by Ravel (Choreo by Lori Nichol)

Very nice! Dickson choreographed my last favorite Ragtime piece (Matt Savoie).

periperi

On the Ice

I'm excited, these programs look promising! I still believe that Nobu can get a World medal. Hopefully, the upcoming season will be the one when he finally gets it.

Last edited:

cornell08

Final Flight

I love Ragtime for Oda and I think he can uniquely pull this off-- he seems so at home and suited for throwback turn-of-the-century pieces like this and Chaplin.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
New article on Icenetwork about Ross Miner's new programs.

Ross Miner is looking westward as he prepares for next season. He has been working with choreographer Tom Dickson on a new free skate set to music from the Errol Flynn movie Captain Blood, scored by Erich Korngold.

Dickson's wife, Catarina Lindgren, is choreographing Miner's new short program to Rachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini."

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thanks for the info. Great music for Ross, can't wait to see his interpretation!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ross Miner announced his programs on his website

SP “Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini” by Rachmaninoff (He will be playing an illusionist)
LP “Captain Blood” soundtrack by Erich Korngold
EX “Luck be a Lady” by Frank Sinatra

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And his LP will be on the subject of The Phoenix, but the music isn't announced yet.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Now that the drama about Canton has devolved to mere speculation, I need more program information. Skaters, reveal thyselves!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Re: Lindsay Davis/Mark Ladwig SP

Per tweets from Mark Ladwig ‏@LadwigMark, their SP music is "Piano Guys--One Republic with Beethoven's 5th."
And they will debut their SP Friday (tomorrow) at 1 pm at Ellenton Ice in Florida.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is an implication from the interview that Lady G may have written (or arranged?) the song especially for Johnny. Maybe not though.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason Brown's programs

Per IN:

" The always-delightful Jason Brown told us Monday that he'll skate his short program next season to the Prince song "The Question of U." For the free skate, he'll be interpreting Franz Liszt's "Liebesträume." Brown's longtime choreographer Rohene Ward will create both programs.

... Brown said that he and Ward just made the final decision Monday to use "Liebesträume" in a traditional orchestral version. "​

noskates

Record Breaker
I read it that Gaga 'gave' him the music - maybe picked it out for him? I don't see how he could skate a program to any of her music and isn't it illegal to skate to music with words in singles?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I read it that Gaga 'gave' him the music - maybe picked it out for him? I don't see how he could skate a program to any of her music and isn't it illegal to skate to music with words in singles?

you can use orchestral versions, you don't have to use the lyrics.