Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 342

Thread: Alissa Czisny plans to compete next season

  1. #16
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,963
    Let me rephrase this, just in case Alissa is reading this thread.

    WE LOVE YOUR SKATING NO MATTER WHAT!

  2. #17
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Let me rephrase this, just in case Alissa is reading this thread.

    WE LOVE YOUR SKATING NO MATTER WHAT!
    Now that just about sums things up. I would add that we love you, the person. BTW, I agree with Jason. No matter if this temperary slump is an injury or purely mental, she needs a rest either way and a new
    beginning. Who would have thought she would have come back to win the GP final? See you in Omaha....

  3. #18
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5
    I for one expected her to continue. I think she wants to be an Olympian. She has her work cut out for her. But she has as much right as anyone to try. Despite all her struggles, nationals would not be the same without her.

  4. #19
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,521
    It's funny that Rachel Flatt said almost the same thing last year and people here were not nearly as supportive.

  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    It's funny that Rachel Flatt said almost the same thing last year and people here were not nearly as supportive.
    Well when Flatt lost her consistency she had nothing left. She never had any medal winning potential whatsoever even at her best and she was no longer the rock who people could rely on to come 5th-8th and help the U.S cause for 3 spots so people were just over her. Czisny still garners some support as she has more talent and does have medal winning potential at her very best, so atleast she is a risk with possible benefits (even though more probable drawbacks).

  6. #21
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    112
    Even though Rachael was injured at Worlds she still manged to place 11th. As oppsoed to Alissa who placed 22nd.

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Well when Flatt lost her consistency she had nothing left. She never had any medal winning potential whatsoever even at her best and she was no longer the rock who people could rely on to come 5th-8th and help the U.S cause for 3 spots so people were just over her. Czisny still garners some support as she has more talent and does have medal winning potential at her very best, so atleast she is a risk with possible benefits (even though more probable drawbacks).
    I am certainly not a fan of Flatt's skating, but she was the only person clean in the FS at Nat's this year, at least among the top seven. Have we heard of Flatt's plans for next year? With Gold and maybe Hicks going up to seniors next year, and maybe no one retiring, the GP assignments will be brutal. We need maybe 18-20 slots to give everyone 2 assignments. Last year we got 14 slots, so many top skaters are likely to have only one assignment.

  8. #23
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Ina Bauer View Post
    I for one expected her to continue. I think she wants to be an Olympian. She has her work cut out for her. But she has as much right as anyone to try. Despite all her struggles, nationals would not be the same without her.
    I wasn't sure if she was going to continue but I think it's clear now that the Olys are her goal. I respect that and I really wish her well. I have always enjoyed Alyssa's skating, clean or no. I'm hopeful for her for next year

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtsmith12 View Post
    Even though Rachael was injured at Worlds she still manged to place 11th. As oppsoed to Alissa who placed 22nd.
    Rachael with a stress fracture landed four triples and two 2As at the Worlds 2011 FS and did not fall once. In the Worlds 2012 FS, Alissa, with no reported injury, fell five times, landing no triples and no 2As.
    Last edited by chuckm; 04-11-2012 at 12:37 AM.

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beyond Neverland
    Posts
    1,147
    Good for you Alissa, good for you!!

    I watch figure skating because it is a vulnerable and unpredictable sport (removing politics and questionable judging aside). The beauty in the sport is not merely in the win, but the personal journey and the story each skaters brings on the day facing their own sets of odds and history, both the highs and lows.

    US skating would certainly have lost a large part of its aesthetic beauty without Alissa these past years. It is strange considering fragility is a usually a natural characteristic of beauty, yet can be quite unforgiving in the face of national pride.

  11. #26
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,031
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Good for you Alissa, good for you!!

    I watch figure skating because it is a vulnerable and unpredictable sport (removing politics and questionable judging aside). The beauty in the sport is not merely in the win, but the personal journey and the story each skaters brings on the day facing their own sets of odds and history, both the highs and lows. US skating would certainly have lost a large part of its aesthetic beauty without Alissa these past years. It is strange considering fragility is a usually a natural characteristic of beauty, yet can be quite unforgiving in the face of national pride.

  12. #27
    Gotta Have Music iluvtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Let me rephrase this, just in case Alissa is reading this thread.

    WE LOVE YOUR SKATING NO MATTER WHAT!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Now that just about sums things up. I would add that we love you, the person. BTW, I agree with Jason. No matter if this temporary slump is an injury or purely mental, she needs a rest either way and a new
    beginning. Who would have thought she would have come back to win the GP final? See you in Omaha....
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Good for you Alissa, good for you!!

    I watch figure skating because it is a vulnerable and unpredictable sport (removing politics and questionable judging aside). The beauty in the sport is not merely in the win, but the personal journey and the story each skaters brings on the day facing their own sets of odds and history, both the highs and lows.

    US skating would certainly have lost a large part of its aesthetic beauty without Alissa these past years. It is strange considering fragility is a usually a natural characteristic of beauty, yet can be quite unforgiving in the face of national pride.

    Amen to all this! So glad that Alissa will continue in the sport!

    Re: Rachael, we were so thrilled for her that she skated very well in her Nationals free skate. It was great to see that happen too, and we loved her reaction afterwards.

  13. #28
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    That's good to hear. I wouldn't want Alissa to go out on a bad note.

  14. #29
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,451
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Amen to all this! So glad that Alissa will continue in the sport!

    Re: Rachael, we were so thrilled for her that she skated very well in her Nationals free skate. It was great to see that happen too, and we loved her reaction afterwards.
    Absolutely. There's no reason we have to choose one or the other of these ladies to support. We can enjoy both and urge both of them on. If they're good enough, they deserve to win, and if they're not good enough, someone else will win. As simple as that. Meanwhile, we can enjoy their skating.

  15. #30
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Absolutely. There's no reason we have to choose one or the other of these ladies to support. We can enjoy both and urge both of them on. If they're good enough, they deserve to win, and if they're not good enough, someone else will win. As simple as that. Meanwhile, we can enjoy their skating.
    Agreed! I may not be Rachel's biggest fan (I do enjoy aspects of her skating), but I think both ladies, and Mirai have unfinished business in the sport. I don't want them to walk away until they say they're done.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •