Alissa Czisny plans to compete next season | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny plans to compete next season

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I don't think Rachael or Christina deserve two assignments for next year. Flatt is on her way out and Gao has yet to prove herself. Agnes has the potential but she needs to start laying down clean Long Programs. Mirai is a question mark especially with new coaches as is Allissa.
It really doesn't matter which skaters we fans think "deserve" GP assignments. Excerpt for the host picks, most recently GP assignments have been based on most recent Worlds placements (top 12), and top 24 ISU Season Best total scores and/or World Standings rankings.

Czisny and Nagasu are listed among the top 24 SB scores in 2011-12 and are projected to be in the top 24 after the World Standings are updated for the new season, so they are guaranteed at least one GP assignment apiece under the 2011-12 GP selection rules (the 2012-13 GP Announcement with the selection rules has not been published yet by the ISU). Ditto for Zawadzki, who is #25 on the SB list and projected to be in the top 24 WS. It currently looks like neither Flatt nor Gao are going to be in the top 24 of either ISU list and so their 2012-13 GP status is unknown.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm not on the Agnes bandwagon. To me she is Amber Corwin 2.0; she has the jumps but is otherwise sloppy. I think her result at Nationals this year will be the best result of her career.