Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Weir Quad [April 2012] Training

Custom Title

News Johnny Weir Quad [April 2012] Training

I didn't see this posted anywhere. But here are vids for Johnny practing his quads.

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU68D...9_fu4Rv76-Ipk=

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtR3K...RWGU8a4NNT7bY=

Custom Title
    I just love seeing this - his combo looked great. Of course, we've seen great practice jumps from him in the past too - here's hoping we get a glimpse of something like this in a competition too!!!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Can a mod change the title to reflect that this is Johnny Weir doing the quad on 4/10/2012? The fact that this is recent is important! It shows that Weir may very well be in competition shape. I admit I was pretty skeptical about his comeback. But if he's trained enough to land quads in practice, I am now psyched to see his return!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    For any fans who missed his tweet from 4:27 PM - 5 Apr 12:

Johnny Weir-Voronov @JohnnyGWeir

A great skating day. 3 Quads, one quad triple combination, a good start on my free program and a finished short.

Custom Title
    Is he still training with Galina?

Custom Title
    I hope he can make a successful comeback. It would be amazing to have 3 world class US men (Evan, Johnny, Jeremy) compete for our country.

Yes, he's still with Galina.

Custom Title

...but the background music sounds like Requiem for Dreams...is it the music for one of his competitive programs???

kilyca
    Thank you for videos!
    I was excited at his combo! I want to watch his new programs!

Custom Title
    Wow! That combination looked GREAT. So excited, can't wait to see him compete this fall. I'm just hoping he gets GP assignments. Does anyone know if this might happen??

^ Only as a host pick at Skate America. If Evan comes back too, it will be tough though. And also, only Abbott has 2 guaranteed GP spots, with about 5 US men having 1 guaranteed spot. It's likely they may give the host picks to those guys instead if they don't get a GP spot elsewhere.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

...but the background music sounds like Requiem for Dreams...is it the music for one of his competitive programs???
    Yes it is. I had enough of that dreadful music.

Tripping on the Podium
    Love him or hate him, he does bring back much needed interest and a certain level of pizazz to US men's skating (actually...US skating overall). The USFSA recognizes this. Having him and Evan back can only be positive for the sport, at least until the up and comers develop. The current crop isn't that inspiring. This can only help skating get back on regular TV instead of icenetwork's freezing feeds lol

I welcome Johnny and Evan back to renew the rivalry, and see what they can do. I have much faith in Evan as a skater/competitor and I am surprised to see the JW videos. Very impressive. I guess he wasn't just talking for publicity, and it seems we can take him at his word he is serious about competing again. With the two elegant skaters Rippon and Abbott being such poor competitors, why not? The other American men do not skate with the beauty of Johnny. I don't think we'll be cracking any podiums next year or at the Olympics other than dance, so why not? Johnny gets followed by the cameras and he may revive a bit of interest.

With such a dull scenario in US men, why not? I'm game.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    First quad was borderline, second quad was underrotated (and the extra jumps in combination borderline). Great to see him going for it, needs more speed though. I'm more hoping for beautiful skating from his return to competition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast