View Poll Results: Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mao Asada

32 29.36%
  • Caroliina Kostner

2 1.83%
  • Alena Leonova

1 0.92%
  • Akiko Suzuki

6 5.50%
  • Alissa Czisny

0 0%
  • Elizaveta Tuktamisheva

27 24.77%
  • Kiira Korpi

0 0%
  • Ashley Wagner

0 0%
  • Rachael Flatt

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

41 37.61%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion?

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar

Who Will Be The Next Olympic Ladies Champion?

Who do you think will be the next Olympic ladies champion? Vote and share your opinions here. Not sure if this has already been a thread/poll or not. If so, please disregard. :-)

I voted for who I hope will be the next olympic champ- Tuktamisheva
    However, she will need to work on her presentation and ice coverage (among other things)
    Hopefully she'll have a triple axel as well

Banned
    I voted for Queen Tuk

but where is Julia Lipnitskaya
    she'll be 16 by 2014 right ? so she will compete at the Olympics

I voted for Tuktamisheva as well, just because I think she's the most likely of the ladies listed. I would predict one of the Russian girls, maybe Tuktamisheva but Lipnitskaya and Sotnikova are also very promising. Most of the ladies in the list are unlikely to improve enough from where they're at now to even end up on the podium in 2014 IMO. Mao is a big question mark in my mind. Will she ever get back to her 2010 level?? Will she draw strength from her mother's passing?

Quote Originally Posted by mmcdermott View Post
    I voted for Tuktamisheva as well, just because I think she's the most likely of the ladies listed. I would predict one of the Russian girls, maybe Tuktamisheva but Lipnitskaya and Sotnikova are also very promising. Most of the ladies in the list are unlikely to improve enough from where they're at now to even end up on the podium in 2014 IMO. Mao is a big question mark in my mind. Will she ever get back to her 2010 level?? Will she draw strength from her mother's passing?
    Yeah, I'd have definitely put Lipnitskaya and Sotnikova on there over Korpi and Flatt, and even Wagner and Suzuki, as much as I like them. Very good chance it'll be one of the young Russians. It'll be quite a fight between them in the next couple years. What about Kanako Murakami? Gracie Gold? Hard to say where they'll end up, but I'd say they have a much better chance than some of the women listed here.

I'm certainly not counting out Mao either.

oh goodness i wanted to pick more than one! i think asada, tuktamysheva, sotnikova, lipnitskaia, maybe even gold. who knows, it's kind of a toss up between these few. my one hopeful is csizny if she gets a 3+3 or two. i want it for her, she deserves it, despite the talent of the russian babies. i think my dream top 5 would be czisny, asada, gold, sotnikova, lipnitskaia. although that is probably very unlikely...i do enjoy tuktamysheva, but there is just something that i don't like about her skating.

Custom Title
    I think there is no clear picture yet. Maybe after next season. But I'm not going to bet on the Russian babies or on Gold until they have more (or you know, ONE) senior events under their belts. And I don't think any of the older ladies have made a clear case for themselves as front runners yet, either.

So, where are the 8 (currently) people who voted Other (please specify), but did not specify ?

Custom Title
    I'd say Adelina Sotnikova as she's already had two bad periods of skating and has recovered incredibly well from both.

Banned
    ^

well Adelina still has a lot to improve but is on the right track
    2 bad periods ? you mean surviving 2 growth spurts ?
    well if you mean that, then yes, we dont need to worry about Adelina growing another inch because I think in 2011 was her last growth spurt

its 2012 Winter Youth Olympics next week
    not necessarily a borometer on who will win 2012 Olympics but we can see how much Adelina has improved
    Elizaveta and Risa Shoji will be there too.
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 01-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.

I voted for Mao. I think the young Russians like Elizaveta and Adelina have chances too but the young ones are so unpredictable.

I can't see any of the others on this list standing at the top of the podium except for maybe Kostner, but she tends to do badly at the Olympics so probably not even her. Akiko could be too old and the other choices are just.. totally no go. Nagasu could come back strong in the next couple of years. But we'll see.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Funny, Mirai isn't even on this list. Even though she has struggled of late I still think she is more likely than the three Americans who are on this list - Czisny, Flatt, Wagner - to be at the next Olympics. I am not giving up on her and I would LOVE for her and Mao to battle it out for Gold at the next Olympics.

On this list, I'd like to vote for Mao but it's just to early still for me to have a feel for it. I think we need to see how Adelina and Elizaveta develop and whether Mirai ever lives up to her potential. I would be very surprised if anyone else on this list became Olympic champion, though.

gracie gold and mirai should have been on the list.

Sotnikova

I voted for Mao. She is rewiring her technique because of her goal for Sochi. Also her Lieberstraum programs is by far one of the best ever. I love Akiko too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast