World Team Trophy: Is the Event Televised? | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy: Is the Event Televised?

russell30

Final Flight
Is the only way to watch this is through live streaming? and if so which channels on net:)

Based in Europe, Eurosport are not showing the event.

glam

On the Ice
It would be odd if the event wouldn't be televised in Japan. So hopefully there will be a live stream somewhere?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We'll have to see.

CBC is broadcasting World Synchro this weekend. I would be surprised if the WTT feed wasn't at least on skatebuzz, since the ISU is not selling streaming coverage on their website.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Ask Peter. He claims he knows https://twitter.com/#!/blazingblades :

-According to officials @USFigureSkating there will be no coverage of World Team Trophy on IceNetwork! They tried, but ISU... No Dice! WHY?

-To watch WTT on Japan's TV Asahi channel, download free Keyhole TV software. USA Start times Apr. 19-21 6am EDT; 3am PDT. #WTT2012 #ISUFails

-TV Asahi schedule shows 1900 (7 pm Tokyo start time) each day which is 13 hours ahead of USA EDT; +16 hrs from USA PDT. #WTT2012

-WTT ISU TV Rights sold to TV Asahi as a Japan TV only Event. No streaming rights sold. ISU could post videos after the event. We shall see!

-Reason WTT is Japan TV event only... Asahi TV is sponsor of event, paying for everything including prize money.

-Once WTT morphs into the World Championships, it will then be sold as a part of World Championship rights to all international TV entities!

-Keyhole for Asahi TV:
http://keyholetv.jp/english/index.html

The TV guide: www.tv-asahi.co.jp/figure/wtt/ On 19th and 20th starts at 7pm, on 21st and 22nd starts at 6:30pm and 6:56pm accordingly, Japan time.

Once again for those who are currently in Japan but can't attend the arena. The two other Asahi channels (not available online) will also show the event: BS Asahi TV guide www.bs-asahi.co.jp/figure_kunibetsu2012/ and the sky channel Asahi Newstar TV guide www.tv-asahi.co.jp/newstar/ on 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd starts at 00:00.

glam

On the Ice
Thank you, let's talk!
Hopefully there will be other streams also, I am a bit afraid to download Keyhole TV, is it 100% virus free?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Ask Peter. He claims he knows https://twitter.com/#!/blazingblades :

-According to officials @USFigureSkating there will be no coverage of World Team Trophy on IceNetwork! They tried, but ISU... No Dice! WHY?

-To watch WTT on Japan's TV Asahi channel, download free Keyhole TV software. USA Start times Apr. 19-21 6am EDT; 3am PDT. #WTT2012 #ISUFails

-TV Asahi schedule shows 1900 (7 pm Tokyo start time) each day which is 13 hours ahead of USA EDT; +16 hrs from USA PDT. #WTT2012

-WTT ISU TV Rights sold to TV Asahi as a Japan TV only Event. No streaming rights sold. ISU could post videos after the event. We shall see!

-Reason WTT is Japan TV event only... Asahi TV is sponsor of event, paying for everything including prize money.

-Once WTT morphs into the World Championships, it will then be sold as a part of World Championship rights to all international TV entities!

-Keyhole for Asahi TV:
http://keyholetv.jp/english/index.html

The TV guide: www.tv-asahi.co.jp/figure/wtt/ On 19th and 20th starts at 7pm, on 21st and 22nd starts at 6:30pm and 6:56pm accordingly, Japan time.

Once again for those who are currently in Japan but can't attend the arena. The two other Asahi channels (not available online) will also show the event: BS Asahi TV guide www.bs-asahi.co.jp/figure_kunibetsu2012/ and the sky channel Asahi Newstar TV guide www.tv-asahi.co.jp/newstar/ on 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd starts at 00:00.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

periperi

On the Ice
Thanks for all the info, let's talk. I just hope other streams pop up, because from what I've heard, KeyHoleTV's quality is pretty bad. But it's better than nothing.

Trewyn

Medalist
Keyhole tv is pretty awful, don't think I'll bother re-installing it again on my laptop. Fingers crossed for a different stream!!!

Trewyn

Medalist
Just saw the news on Carolina's twitter. That's awesome!! I'm really looking forward to it now :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If anyone does a schedule for the live broadcast figureing in the international dateline, EST , etc, I would like to see it....Thanks!
(I am sure I can convert to PST...but thats about it.)
I suppose it will be too much to ask that this will be "on demand" also.....

ice coverage

Record Breaker
WTT On Demand videos will be on ISU channel - for free

If anyone does a schedule for the live broadcast figureing in the international dateline, EST , etc, I would like to see it....Thanks!
(I am sure I can convert to PST...but thats about it.)

I suppose it will be too much to ask that this will be "on demand" also.....

For American night owls, USFSA blog and Twitter feed have the live schedule for Day 1 converted to ET:

Team USA Skate Times (Day 1, All times Eastern, Thursday a.m.)

Ice Dancing short dance will begin at 2:15 a.m.
- Davis and White: 3:00 a.m

Men’s short program begins at 3:35 a.m.
- Adam Rippon: 4:08 a.m.
- Jeremy Abbott: 4:42 a.m.

Ladies short program begins at 5:40 a.m.
- Gracie Gold: 5:47 a.m.
- Ashley Wagner: 6:34 a.m.

But the good news for everyone:
"after each day of competition the videos will be uploaded to the ISU Skating Channel to be seen On Demand"
... and they even will be free!
[source: replies from ISU to Facebook questions]​

Last edited:

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Just came back to watch the event, first impression: Team Canada should seriously consider borrowing some maple leaf props from canadian fans...

Last edited: