Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan Parts Ways With Christy Krall

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Then my original thought might be right - Patrick wanted to emphasize more on artistry since he has managed all the jumps he wanted. He needs to focus more on presentation now. This might be unwanted but good in the end move.
    and so you were right....

Some more details:

American Christy Krall, widely credited with helping Chan acquire the quad jump that has propelled him to the top of the podium, has resigned citing a difference in coaching philosophies.

Krall said her role had diminished while Chan's other coach Kathy Johnson, a modern dance teacher who studied dance at Juilliard but also works with skaters, had assumed a larger role.

Chan was more interested in following a “different mode of training” this season with a focus on the artistic side of the sport.

“It's all good, it works, it's successful,” Krall said. “But I was stepping out of the coaching role I was in and becoming an instructor, and I personally wanted to do more than that.

Krall informed Skate Canada officials and Lewis Chan, Patrick's father, of her decision the day after the world championships in Nice, France, where the 21-year-old from Toronto claimed his second consecutive world title on March 31.

Krall, who coaches other skaters out of Colorado Springs, also said the split was amicable.

“We will always be friends,” she said. “I always want to see him win, I will always be a small part of his career, and he and I will always remain very good friends.”

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2403867/

Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    Chan doesn`t need a coach, he has mastered all the jumps and the judges are giving him 90 in pcs he just needs Lori to continue coreographing good programs for him.
    Just like Kwan didn't need a coach because she was on top, too...

He also tends to have concentration lapses and silly mistakes that I hope his new coach will address.

Here's another lengthy article from the Toronto Star:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...its-with-coach

Custom Title
    I am a bit anxious about how the balance will work, but I'm kind of jazzed that Patrick is focusing on artistry. If this new direction results in more work like that exhibition piece (with CoP compliance, of course), I'm all for it. I hope he's still got someone casting a cold eye on his technique, though. But this is the year to try something new, with two Worlds under his belt and two years to go until the Olympics.

Tim Koleto twitter says that Chan has also ended his association with Lori Nichol.

So maybe this means that Jeff Buttle will be his new choreographer???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Tim Koleto twitter says that Chan has also ended his association with Lori Nichol.

I hope it's just rumor. Patrick should stick to Lori, if not , David Wilson. Have Jeff do his ex numbers.

Custom Title
    Surprised...

Never expected this was coming, as far as I am concerned.
    Because to me it's been looking just great so far, I mean, Patrick working with Krall, and with Lori.

But as for his new chereographer, if this means Patrick is going to work with Jeff, I am all for it!

Custom Title
    Whoa.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post

What?
    Ishkabibble! My head is spinning.

^ Well it's just twitter, it may not be true. Although the story did break on twitter so......

Custom Title
    Why is this Tim Koleto guy the one to have the inside scoop and break the news about Nichols? With the gleeful

@barbiebackstage nope. Nichol is done with him too #ididntsaythat #whoops

^ I thought that tweet was so rude
    It's like he's trying to be catty or something. Well I hope Patrick the best with finding a coach and regardless of whether he says with Lori or not, it's his choice.

Custom Title
    Yes, at 19, Koleto lost to a 13 year old Nathan Chen at the National Junior Men event whereas a 19 year old Patrick Chan was Worlds Senior Men Silver Medalist. So this is his opportunity to be catty with the current Worlds Champ? Lots of similar minds on the internet but as a competitive skater this Koleto is not a winner in the making.

I'll wait for confirmation of Patrick's total bust out before I bust out LMAO!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Why is this Tim Koleto guy the one to have the inside scoop and break the news about Nichols? With the gleeful
    Reading his tweets he made a bitchy comment about booing Patrick himself if he were at Worlds so obviously not a fan. Some tweets to Phaneuf and Gao and mention of a new program so I get the feeling he was at the Cricket Club getting a program recently (by Wilson?). So between the Cricket Club and his Colorado training base I would guess there is some fire here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Who is this Tim Koleto guy? I had to google him to find out....http://twitter.com/#!/timkoleto

Not exactly the most appealing profile pic. I guess he's bitter he's still a junior @ 19, while others are/were world medalists at his age.

WoW, he is very vocal about his opinions! Does he train with Patrick?
    Last edited by Becki; 04-16-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast