Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: WTT Short Dance

Custom Title
    Tessa has simply matured and is no longer the teenage girl she was a couple of years ago. There is nothing wrong with her body, it's just that she's now pretty close to being the same height as Scott. He seems to have adjusted to her growth, so I don't see what the problem is.

Custom Title
    What a joke competition lets give a consolation prize to Davis and White and shaft the world champions i wonder why V&M bothered going to this competition i saw the performance did not see anything wrong with it, and D&W latin interpretation is still laughable oh well nobody gives a damn about this comp.
    I guess if V/M had won then this competition would have been legit and the results anything but a joke? And considering the arena is much fuller than the arena was in Nice, I think it was worlds that no one gave a damn about

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Well, I've got to say, it's a fun competition, and I'm particularly enjoying the Spirit Week attempts by Team Italy, Team France, Team Japan, and Team USA, each in their own way.

Fabian in the Chicken Hat and Florent in the Angry Birds hat are particularly fabulous. Not to mention the Italian flag wigs, the Japanese fans and handbands, the USA banner and loud coordinated cheering before US skaters.

Maybe a little more fun at worlds would be a good thing.

No more vuvuzuelas though-there appear to be several here.

Custom Title
    What was the deal with Skate Canada? Only the Pairs were there for V/M, no ladies for the men, and Scott and Tessa seemed uncomfortable to be there at all.

^ Team Canada and Russia so obviously left their pep elsewhere that's for sure. Hopefully tomorrow we will see some more support.

Or maybe they are just taking it too seriously or are tired or just doesn't want to be there. This competition makes the season longer so.....

Banned
    I don`t think its a done deal for D&W if the judging is fair tommorow, V&M have a more difficult free dance and higher base value making up those 2+ points is doable barring the panel doesn`t overscore D&W`s recycled waltz.

Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    I don`t think its a done deal for D&W if the judging is fair tomorow,
    I expect the judging will be of comparable fairness to what we saw today.

Banned
    It wasn`t fair today charlie was off axis on the twizzles again and they were not downgraded and their small pattern did not deserve a level anyway the judges did not think D&W were better tessa and scott still edged them out on PCS that 69 score for V&M was ridiculous.

^ Is the judging panel the same for tomorrow? Why do you think tomorrow's panel will notice Charlie's bad twizzles but today's didn't?

Banned
    Sorry its fishy judging there is no way Davis and White deserved a 10 for coreo and in interpretation they should have been behind looks like the ISU got influenced too much by the sore losers three weeks ago.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I don`t think its a done deal for D&W if the judging is fair tommorow, V&M have a more difficult free dance and higher base value making up those 2+ points is doable barring the panel doesn`t overscore D&W`s recycled waltz.
    Wrong again. The base value, as planned, by both teams is identical, all level 4's.

Whether they will achieve that base level, or have some level 3's, is in the hands of the teams when they skate, and the tech panel when they judge.

There is nothing recycled about Die Fledermaus. It may not be your taste, but even Tracy Wilson the Canadian commentator likes it, not to mention Tarasova, and Alla who is Piseev's wife. Not to mention all those who gave it a standing ovation in Nice, France, Moscow, Russia, the US, and yes, Quebec City, Canada.

The two most difficult skills in it are the spin, solely from a back outside edge which is so fiendishly hard that no one else did it in seniors this year. Too hard to get level 4 with it for most teams. It requires great strength and deep knee bend from both partners to execute.

Likewise, the variation they do on a classic leg on shoulder rotational lift is brilliant, where Charlie spins so fast that Meryl is able to sit straight upright and not have to hold on at all, being able to retain a steady and gorgeous upright split position. Don't trust me on this. Almost every judge all year has given that lift +3 in GOE. To compare what the usual version of this lift looks like, check out C&L. Anna has to lay out flat and grab onto Luca throughout the element.

The reason V&M lost the level today is because Tessa had an interruption in twizzling action in the twizzle. This is a mandatory level drop of 1 level, and is easily visible. And she failed to get level 4 in either rhumba sequence due to problems holding a steady outside edge. The camera angle was perfect for showing Meryl hit a steady back outside edge in the chocktaw for one of the 2 sequences, and that's why they got the level this time.

V&M's final rotational lift in the SD with the interesting twist entry is another excellent skill, well deserving of +3 GOE. I also really like their new transition into the Temptation part of the program.

OTOH, the closest thing to a recycled program in ice dance this year is Tessa & Scott's SD, where they reused last year's FD music.

It's worthwhile appreciating what teams, even those whose material you don't like, do well. It makes watching the competitions much more enjoyable.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-19-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Custom Title
    Sorry its fishy judging there is no way Davis and White deserved a 10 for coreo and in interpretation they should have been behind looks like the ISU got influenced too much by the sore losers three weeks ago.
    Well, SCOTT, you were the "sore loser" at the GPF. And there is no sorer loser than Scott Moir.

Custom Title
    ISU got influenced too much by the sore losers three weeks ago.
    Where are you getthing this? D/W did or said nothing that made them sore losers. For a sore loser, may I suggest Scoot Moir's hissy fit after the GPF.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ioana View Post
    I wouldn't normally be commenting on this, but I found a certain poster's comments completely offensive. I've seen Tessa up-close at Worlds, including several times off-ice. She's a thin and delicate girl, (more skin and bones than you would imagine, All That), as are all of the ice-dancers. Most of them look like kids in normal clothes and without makeup. We're talking about someone who weighs 47-48 kilos at most, for God's sake. She certainly doesn't need to lose any more weight. Anyone who claims that is either blind or just making obnoxious comments to pass the time.
    I'll back you up on that one Ioana. She is like a porcelaine doll, not only is she very delicate looking but she is absolutely gorgeous with a beautiful peaches and cream complexion....not a blemish to be seen.

All this talk about weight gain is ridiculous. The camera and light tights on the gals add 10 lbs - ask any ballet dancer. You wouldn't notice it on the guys because they are all wearing black pants. Capisce???

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast