WTT Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

WTT Short Dance

FlattFan

Match Penalty
VM was messier than DW. They also didn't really perform as much compare to D/W. The audience went with D/W.
DW lost on P/E, hmm. I would have it the other way around. DW beat them on TES.

lionmilk

Rinkside
Though V/M have the better SD i agree with the scores and placings.....D/W were on fire....a little messy but everyone was....why didn't she wear that dress at worlds?....much prefer it to the others she wore.....

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Meryl looked stunning tonight. She almost looks like a princess in a fairy tale she has something unreal about her beauty.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
V&M lost the levels in the rhumba, I would guess. Tessa was nowhere near the back outside edge in the wide stepping chocktaw. I love the way they reworked this program.

I wouldn't be surprised if Meryl & Charlie were level 3 in the circular step-I thought I saw Charlie miss an edge there. She went back to the US Nationals dress. However, it looked like Meryl got at least one of the rhumba back outside edges.

Fabian screwed up his twizzles.

I didn't get to see the earlier skaters.

I loved Team France's head pieces- definitely my vote for the Spirit Award.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'll have to see the replay to see what V&M missed on the twizzles. My feed had a hitch in it there. They looked OK to me. But the rhumba's, not.

missysays

On the Ice
V/M had at least 3 places where Tessa had little visible technical glitches-- 2nd twizzle, 2nd rumba sequence towards the end, and circular step sequence. She seemed to lose confidence a bit as each mistake occurred. They were however artistically as smooth and together as ever.

D/W had no visible technical glitches. Charlie was slightly out of sync with Meryl during the stop and dance in place moment at the beginning of the JLo piece- but that wasn't a point getting moment. Charlie seemed to be pushing hard and had a determined expression on his face-- there were a few moments when he seemed to be pushing a bit too hard but no technical mistakes. Good job!

BTW, I'm giving the team spirit award to the Italian team right now. I love their tri-color wigs. :biggrin:

romanoff81

Match Penalty
What a joke competition lets give a consolation prize to Davis and White and shaft the world champions i wonder why V&M bothered going to this competition i saw the performance did not see anything wrong with it, and D&W latin interpretation is still laughable oh well nobody gives a damn about this comp.

romanoff81

Match Penalty
Im sick of ISU propping up D&W they are an inferior team on all levels to V&M anybody with two eyes can see this.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I don't have any particular favourite team in dances. Fabian and Natalie showed everyone that they did enjoy skating. But mistakes in technique are all there. Meryl nad Charlie in latin is more like two strangers dancing together, which is not bad at all. All this crap that latin is all about sex comes mostly from non-latin watchers. But in Cuba a granny can dance with her grandson and they both enjoy the music and dance perfectly sincere. Well, Tessa is just :eek:. The girl who won Vancouver is gone forever. Now we have a wide dancer with Venus Botichelli's thighs next to a boy-looking partner. She should ask Plushenko how to lose weight. It's the end of the second season since she returned to the competitons after the operation. And she still can't get her shape back. :rolleye:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
What a joke competition lets give a consolation prize to Davis and White and shaft the world champions i wonder why V&M bothered going to this competition i saw the performance did not see anything wrong with it, and D&W latin interpretation is still laughable oh well nobody gives a damn about this comp.

The skaters seem to be happy and having fun plus they are getting good prize money. I did not see any shafting at all. :scratch: