Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: WTT Short Dance

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    What a joke competition lets give a consolation prize to Davis and White and shaft the world champions i wonder why V&M bothered going to this competition i saw the performance did not see anything wrong with it, and D&W latin interpretation is still laughable oh well nobody gives a damn about this comp.
    Like you said, no one really cares about this competition so they should just have some fun.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I don't have any particular favourite team in dances. Fabian and Natalie showed everyone that they did enjoy skating. But mistakes in technique are all there. Meryl nad Charlie in latin is more like two strangers dancing together, which is not bad at all. All this crap that latin is all about sex comes mostly from non-latin watchers. But in Cuba a granny can dance with her grandson and they both enjoy the music and dance perfectly sincere. Well, Tessa is just . The girl who won Vancouver is gone forever. Now we have a wide dancer with Venus Botichelli's thighs next to a boy-looking partner. She should ask Plushenko how to lose weight. It's the end of the second season since she returned to the competitons after the operation. And she still can't get her shape back.
    Oh yeah, always blame the girl for not meeting the demands of society. What a sexist and misogynistic comment! What did you expect? She changed her stroking at the start of the season to accommodate her condition. And so what? They are world champions, aren't they?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Oh yeah, always blame the girl for not meeting the demands of society.
    She meets the demands of society quite well. The rest is the demand of her partner's size that doesn't match hers. All right, Scott must go to the gym and grow a lot of musculinity muscles. Does it make me a mysandrist? No problem. I can survive both...

Medalist
    She meets the demands of society quite well. The rest is the demand of her partner's size that doesn't match hers. All right, Scott must go to the gym and grow a lot of musculinity muscles. Does it make me a mysandrist? No problem. I can survive both...
    Well maybe you should have also said that in your earlier post to avoid being misunderstood. This is the internet after all, and your words will be interpreted differently by people.

...and a bag of chips
    They're both fine. Scott has a dancer's body. If Scott were the Incredible Hulk, he'd never be able to dance the way he does. Tessa is fit, and you can tell she's lost weight throughout the season. I'm glad she's not skin and bones, like some other dancers out there.

If they were truly mismatched, they wouldn't be Olympic and 2 time World Champions.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by all that View Post
    They're both fine. Scott has a dancer's body. If Scott were the Incredible Hulk, he'd never be able to dance the way he does. Tessa is fit, and you can tell she's lost weight throughout the season. I'm glad she's not skin and bones, like some other dancers out there.

If they were truly mismatched, they wouldn't be Olympic and 2 time World Champions.
    Well said.

Custom Title
    it is only bad if your favorite team isn't in first like v/m

they made visible errors-more than d/w. they didn't skate as well as they did at the worlds in sd -v/m

anyway good luck to all teams tomorrow great job

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It's hard for these kids to peak a second time so soon after Worlds, especially the North Americans, with 4CC's a week closer to Worlds than Europeans, and the National Championships for USA one week before 4CC's, and Canadians 2 weeks before 4CC's.

They are doing an amazing job, all these teams.

Rinkside
    I wouldn't normally be commenting on this, but I found a certain poster's comments completely offensive. I've seen Tessa up-close at Worlds, including several times off-ice. She's a thin and delicate girl, (more skin and bones than you would imagine, All That), as are all of the ice-dancers. Most of them look like kids in normal clothes and without makeup. We're talking about someone who weighs 47-48 kilos at most, for God's sake. She certainly doesn't need to lose any more weight. Anyone who claims that is either blind or just making obnoxious comments to pass the time.

Ioana, Welcome to Golden Skate. Post long & often!

While I'm thinking about it, in case there are Japanese & Korean fans here who were geoblocked by the ISU:

Davis & White
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3wrwUQebcA

Virtue & Moir
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr2YSSY-Z2o

If any other SD's show up, please post them?

Thanks for the links, Doris!

So glad Meryl went back to the bronze dress. It seemed to make all the difference.

Their best SD this year was at Nationals, I think, so yes to the bronze dress.

I forgot to mention that I love the banner Team USA has with the American and Japanese flags and the message in Japanese, but I'm afraid my grandfather might be rolling over in his grave.

Tripping on the Podium
    To me Tessa look no bigger than Pechalat. Should Nathalie also lose weight in your eyes?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    What a joke competition lets give a consolation prize to Davis and White and shaft the world champions i wonder why V&M bothered going to this competition i saw the performance did not see anything wrong with it, and D&W latin interpretation is still laughable oh well nobody gives a damn about this comp.
    Well, HI, Scott! Thought you looked a bit mad in the KnC!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast