WTT Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

WTT Ladies SP

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes a strategist coach who can suck all the life from her skating and turn her into a Ando clone.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
It's as serious as an event? Judges are being more generous? Kostner was better here than at worlds but overall judges were just giving higher scores here than the judges at worlds.

You can't make a trend off an event that's only just had its second run but we've had some very interesting scores back at the 2009. Some skaters got GOE highs on certain elements that they never archived through out the season. Mao got a level 4 on her step sequence back when short programs had eight required elements. Back then, it was a pretty big deal if a Men's skater pulled a level 4 on one step sequences in the short program due to the time constraints.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
FlattFan said:
Oops. Forgot about JW. Anyway, that combo is as unreliable as PCS-judging. She should find another combo that she can hit at least 80% of the times. And a flutz combo, even when fully rotated, will always get -GOE. What is her team thinking? She needs a strategist/coach like Morozov.

Noooooooo!! Not Morozov!!:eek:
And he already has Leonova, it's not gonna happen anyway... *fingers crossed*

Although I do agree on her better changing to another combo, because of the flutz - with a better combo she could really get positive GOE with her jumps when she's on. She started practicing 3S+3T and 3F+3T as far as I know, so we will see... :)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Yes a strategist coach who can suck all the life from her skating and turn her into a Ando clone.

I'm happy for Miki winning her two titles but I'm much prefer to see Adelina in someone else's hands, someone who can bring out her artistry and make her into an all around skater...not a COP point hoarder. I think Julia Lipnitskaia has a lot of potential but if she stays with Morosov her talent will go to waste b/c he will do nothing to develop her outside of stacking jumping passes and lifting her leg over her head to gain points.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Actually, Gracie CAN do combos ending in 3Lo. Her youtube channel has 3Lz+3T+3Lo (definitely clean), she just prefers and has more comfort with the 3T as the back half and if it's getting called and getting +GOE, stick with it!!

Why everyone is rehashing her "issues with the second mark" is beyond me, it's not like she's had all that much time since the end of her season (JWs) to work on her PCS and new programs. I think she's progressing just fine - she has really focused on the thing that's going to make its mark - the tech side and consistency with that along with good speed. Once that cake is baked, the skater and team can start adding frosting (presentation) and decoration.

Bruin714

On the Ice
ISU should really give MORE credit for more difficult combos: triple flip-triple toe is so much more difficult than triple toe-triple toe and the TES score should reflect this...

Olympia if you go here, the on-demand videos are now up! http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html

Go up to "More Channels" and pick WTT and you'll get the on-demand videos.

Protocal breakdown:

Base Value
Gracie 31.40
Akiko 30.50
Carolina 29.60
Kanako 29.60
Ashley 29.40
Yretha 29.30
Mae Berenice 29.00
Adelina 27.90
Valentina 27.60
Amelie 25.40
Cynthia 24.50
Alena 22.80

+GOE
Carolina 6.74
Akiko 5.98
Kanako 4.92
Yretha 2.10
Gracie 1.96
Ashley 1.06
Adelina .85
Valentina .55
Alena -.08
Amelie -1.58
Mae Bernice -1.41
Cynthia -1.96

Jumps
Carolina 20.16
Akiko 20.16
Kanako 18.87
Gracie 18.73
Yretha 17.41
Ashley 15.80
Mae Bernice 15.69
Adelina 13.03
Amelie 10.16
Alena 9.73
Cynthia 8.76

Jump Combo
Gracie 3F-3T 10.30
Carolina 3T-3T 9.80
Kanako 3T-3T 9.50
Akiko 3T-3T 9.20
Ashley 3F-3T 9.10
Yretha 3T-3T 8.50
Mae Bernice 3T-3T 8.20
Adelina 3T-3T< 6.60
Alena 3T-3T< 5.80
Valentina 3S-2T 5.7
Amelie 3Lo-3Lo<< 5.40
Cynthia 3T-3T 5.10

Single Jump
Akiko 3LZ 6.80
Carolina 3L 6.20
Ashley 3L 5.90
Kanako 3F 5.50
Yretha 3L 5.40
Gracie 3LZ 4.70
Valentina 3LZ 4.50
Mae Bernice 3Z 3.9
Adelina 3F 3.20
Cynthia 3L< 1.50
Amelie 3S< 1.10
Alena 1F .20

2A
Carolina 4.16
Akiko 4.16
Kanako 3.87
Gracie 3.73
Valetina 3.73
Alena 3.73
Amelie 3.66
Mae Bernice 3.59
Yretha 3.51
Adelina 3.23
Cynthia 2.16
Ashley .80

Non jump elements
Akiko 16.32 (Level 4 on 3/4; Level 3 on layback)
Carolina 16.18 (Level 4 on 3/4; Level 3 on layback)
Kanako 15.65 (Level 4 on 3/4; Level 3 on layback)
Adelina 15.72 (Level 4 on 2/4; Level 3 on step sequence and combo spin; high +GOE)
Ashley 14.66 (Level 4 on 3/4; Level 3 on combo spin)
Valentina 14.22 (Level 4 on 3/4; Level 3 on layback)
Gracie 14.63 (Level 4 on 3/4; Level 3 on step sequence)
Yretha 13.99 (Level 4 on 3/4; Level 3 on step sequence)
Cynthia 13.78 (Level 4 on 2/4; level 3 on step sequence and layback)
Amelie 13.50 (Level 4 on 2/4; Level 3 on step sequence and layback)
Alena 12.99 (Level 4 on 2/4; level 3 on step sequence and combo spin)
Mae Bernice 11.90 (Level 4 on 1/4 (Combo spin); level 3 on step sequence and flying camel spin, level 2 on layback)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Well, I know she has some haterz, but who else thinks Yretha Silete is a rockstar? Because I do. Awesome jumps, awesome voids, gorgeous figure, perfect diva attitude for Black Swan, and she's improved so much just this season that if it continues, who knows, she could be medaling at Euros in a year or two. I really like her.

As for Adelina, surely her 3flutz-3lo got ratified at least once this season? She's landed it in competition quite a few times. Also, as for her easier layout, maybe she is trying to fix her flutz and that's why she's now doing 3t-3t?

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I liked Yretha's SP! I think she shows a lot of promise, and because there are not a huge bunch of decent lady skaters in France, we may continue to see her at Euros and Worlds; a good thing!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I do. I liked Silete, good skate :clap:

And to me, it looked like they were trying to correct Adelina edge at the beginning of the season. It was still a flutz but improved, at least to me.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Fixing a flutz takes about 2 years; no wonder she is not quite as consistent as she was. However, she is a fighter.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Well, I know she has some haterz, but who else thinks Yretha Silete is a rockstar? Because I do. Awesome jumps, awesome voids, gorgeous figure, perfect diva attitude for Black Swan, and she's improved so much just this season that if it continues, who knows, she could be medaling at Euros in a year or two. I really like her.

As for Adelina, surely her 3flutz-3lo got ratified at least once this season? She's landed it in competition quite a few times. Also, as for her easier layout, maybe she is trying to fix her flutz and that's why she's now doing 3t-3t?

I do hope to see Yretha do well. I just hope the judges get over their biases enough to give her due when she does well. I thought she deserved higher GOEs than she received here, in particular for her jumps...

Adelina's suffering from a few confidence woes, but I think she'll be fine. I think she was going more for consistency/a clean combo by going for the 3t-3t but apparently she was too tight. Her 3t-3t is phenomenal when she does it. That's an easy +2 or +3 combo right there. Because she hasn't had a high success rate on her lutz-loop combo this year and b/c she flutzes, they probably went for the easier 3t-3t in interest of being clean.

She's a gifted jumper, without a doubt...she's just struggling with consistency right now. But I still have high hopes for her. ;)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
ISU should really give MORE credit for more difficult combos: triple flip-triple toe is so much more difficult than triple toe-triple toe and the TES score should reflect this...

Not only that, but because you're likely to get better GOE on an easier combo, a 3T-3T with a solo 3F will probably outscore a 3F-3T with a solo 3T. I have no idea why they don't give some sort of bonus for a combo or why they they need to penalize a sequence (like 2A/.5R/3S).