What is your favorite Team at Team trophy 2012 ? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What is your favorite Team at Team trophy 2012 ?

What is your favorite Team at Team trophy 2012 ?

• Team Japan

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • Team U.S.A

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Team France

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Team Canada

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Team Italy

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Team Russia

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nah, they were muted the entire time, ever since V/M got their scores.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Patrick being 2nd, and the ladies having their usual results can't have been a total joy either.

heyhey

On the Ice
Patrick being 2nd, and the ladies having their usual results can't have been a total joy either.

Hahaha....well I wouldn't exactly say that the Canadian team needs to be prescribed Ritalin at this point - but that's fine...I don't exactly feel the love fest between Amelie and Cynthia either....

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I know this is wrong and mean, but I wonder if Amelie smiled a little at Cynthia's mistakes considering all she went through with Skate Canada for that Worlds spot?? I guess there shouldn't be any doubt about who they should have sent between those two.

heyhey

On the Ice
^ I know this is wrong and mean, but I wonder if Amelie smiled a little at Cynthia's mistakes considering all she went through with Skate Canada for that Worlds spot?? I guess there shouldn't be any doubt about who they should have sent between those two.

If I were either Amelie or Cynthia at this point, I would more worried that if Joannie Rochette decides to compete in 2014 - there is no Olympics for either one of them....

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you know if Rochette has decided or not whether to compete again???

They should also be worried about the up and comers. They have got to find some sort of consistency if they have any hope going toward Sochi.

heyhey

On the Ice
Do you know if Rochette has decided or not whether to compete again???

They should also be worried about the up and comers. They have got to find some sort of consistency if they have any hope going toward Sochi.

I don't have any info about whether Rochette will come back to compete - just a gut feeling...With regards to Cynthia Phaneuf - she is lucky to be returning to Stars on Ice - Canada after WTT. This year has a strong cast - so hopefully she will be able to learn from others through the tour. Also let's face it, having Brian Orser, Tracy Wilson, David Wilson and I'm speculating Jeff Buttle helping you out the Toronto's cricket club can't hurt you - so if Cynthia can't start showing some decent results next year - well we can't say that Skate Canada hasn't tried to give her the tools...on the other extreme - you have Amelie who has had to scrap it all year long and knows that she is the perceived underdog. I enjoy her skating and wish that she had a coaching staff that would instill a confidence that would make her enjoy her skating. Would love for her to work with someone like Paul Wylie....my two cents...

ETA: I would like to add Ms. Krall to Ms. Lacoste's team as well to even it out....:biggrin:

Last edited:

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
I voted for the U.S.A , but I wish I could have voted for France, Italy and The U.S because they're the only countries who looks as though they're having fun.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
If I were either Amelie or Cynthia at this point, I would more worried that if Joannie Rochette decides to compete in 2014 - there is no Olympics for either one of them....

At this point, if Barbara Ann Scott or Karen Magnussen wanted to come back, they can take that spot!

Becki

Medalist

There might be slight tension between Amelia and Cynthia. Cynthia seemed like a sore loser (for a lack of better term) at Nationals, and she definitely proved she isn't Worlds material at the WTT.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoyed the reactions of all the teams except Canada and Russia. Those two teams didn't do much cheering for their own team members, let alone for great performances by members of rival teams.

Where all the other teams had ALL members participating, Canada and Russia both had sparse attendance. Was it because neither team has much chance of winning? But France and Italy aren't heavy contenders for the win either, yet all their members were having fun and cheering enthusiastically.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Goo~~~d morning, everyone! I am back. :biggrin:

<Overall impression on Day1>

My hubby and I had great time there!

Some skaters seemed a bit off right after such exhausting Worlds, but it was just understandable, you know. There still were great performances and lots of standing ovations. We yayed, clapped and hoorayed all the time! My voice got huskier this morning. :laugh:

My impression on each skaters, I will drop them at each discipline's thread later.

If you ask me, as someone who was actually there, with this thread's question: "which team was cheering and supporting to their team mates the best and the FUNNIEST", my vote goes to France and Italy, hands down. :cool: Loved US, too.

Placements by deedee: France+Italy>>US>Japan>Canada+ Russia :)

As for Canada, I donot know for sure, but they appeared shocked by the point difference between Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie, and Patrick's unexpected fall on 3A, perhaps? Canada got silver at the last WTT. Considering their weaker ladies skaters, they probably knew capturing the gold seemed a bit far this time. But definately was aiming for at least silver; they have two world champions (Dance & Men) after all.

For Russia, they are too young and inexperienced to compete against big boys/girls yet. Most of them appeared nervous before their music started. They did not have competitions to be full house every time on junior circuit. So I would say it's understandable.

But I took it rather this way: They have practiced figure skating as a sport for all their life. They must have probably shocked to see that BOTH the audiences and the skaters could go NUTS while attending a competition! :laugh:
Or, they never expected Japanese people could get so 'noisy', who normally appear more conservative, reserved, polite and/or quiet.
For that matter, I missed Evgeni and Mishin last night, recalling their behaviors at Japan Open in 2010. Russia's attitude as a team would have been much different if Evgeni could have been there.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I enjoyed the reactions of all the teams except Canada and Russia. Those two teams didn't do much cheering for their own team members, let alone for great performances by members of rival teams.

:agree:

It was indeed a pleasant surprise to see that most of the skaters cheered for all the skaters, and applauded with standing ovations for great performances regardless of their teams/nations; just like the audience did the whole time! :clap::clap:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
deedee1, It sounds like it was a great time.

I loved seeing Team France lift Amodio up sideways in the KnC. And Fabian was so funny in the chicken hat.

Becki

Medalist
Team Canada and Russia seemed so unenthusiastic! Did Scott even want to be the team captain? he seems bored..

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think he was shocked to be behind in the SD. And Patrick being 2nd is not what they expected. And of course the Canadian ladies were just what everyone expected, I'm sad to say. He does not seem to be getting into this event.

However, he has been to WTT before in 2009, so he should have known what to expect?

I hope he gets into the spirit tomorrow.

Becki

Medalist
I think he was shocked to be behind in the SD. And Patrick being 2nd is not what they expected. And of course the Canadian ladies were just what everyone expected, I'm sad to say. He does not seem to be getting into this event.

However, he has been to WTT before in 2009, so he should have known what to expect?

I hope he gets into the spirit tomorrow.

ic....still, as the team captain, he should put a bit more effort into cheering on his teammates!! where's the team spirit, CANADA!!

I would want to be part of Team France or Italy or Japan, they seem fun! :)