View Poll Results: What is your favorite Team at Team trophy 2012 ?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Japan

27 27.27%
  • Team U.S.A

18 18.18%
  • Team France

23 23.23%
  • Team Canada

12 12.12%
  • Team Italy

14 14.14%
  • Team Russia

5 5.05%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Team at Team trophy 2012 ?

Custom Title
    Did Sotnikova have to leave before Leonova skated? Bush and Kovtun were there but the whole thing is like the Russian team are Prisoners of War being forced to put on a show for their captors.

^ Exactly. Team Russia were a no show except for the boys who still supported their ladies and looked to be having fun. At least with Team Canada, everybody was there once their event was over but Russia

I liked Team France and Italy. Their team spirit made the event fun and exciting to watch!!!

Custom Title
    Team Canada was a bit dead also.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Team Canada was a bit dead also.
    Yeah, they just stood behind the skaters.

^ yeah but at least they showed up. Canada is 5th in team spirit in my mind. They need some pep.

Custom Title
    Maybe watching their Ladies skate killed the team spirit.

Nah, they were muted the entire time, ever since V/M got their scores.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Patrick being 2nd, and the ladies having their usual results can't have been a total joy either.

^ True

Maybe that's why team Russia was absent for the most part.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Patrick being 2nd, and the ladies having their usual results can't have been a total joy either.
    Hahaha....well I wouldn't exactly say that the Canadian team needs to be prescribed Ritalin at this point - but that's fine...I don't exactly feel the love fest between Amelie and Cynthia either....

^ I know this is wrong and mean, but I wonder if Amelie smiled a little at Cynthia's mistakes considering all she went through with Skate Canada for that Worlds spot?? I guess there shouldn't be any doubt about who they should have sent between those two.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    ^ I know this is wrong and mean, but I wonder if Amelie smiled a little at Cynthia's mistakes considering all she went through with Skate Canada for that Worlds spot?? I guess there shouldn't be any doubt about who they should have sent between those two.
    If I were either Amelie or Cynthia at this point, I would more worried that if Joannie Rochette decides to compete in 2014 - there is no Olympics for either one of them....

Do you know if Rochette has decided or not whether to compete again???

They should also be worried about the up and comers. They have got to find some sort of consistency if they have any hope going toward Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Do you know if Rochette has decided or not whether to compete again???

They should also be worried about the up and comers. They have got to find some sort of consistency if they have any hope going toward Sochi.
    I don't have any info about whether Rochette will come back to compete - just a gut feeling...With regards to Cynthia Phaneuf - she is lucky to be returning to Stars on Ice - Canada after WTT. This year has a strong cast - so hopefully she will be able to learn from others through the tour. Also let's face it, having Brian Orser, Tracy Wilson, David Wilson and I'm speculating Jeff Buttle helping you out the Toronto's cricket club can't hurt you - so if Cynthia can't start showing some decent results next year - well we can't say that Skate Canada hasn't tried to give her the tools...on the other extreme - you have Amelie who has had to scrap it all year long and knows that she is the perceived underdog. I enjoy her skating and wish that she had a coaching staff that would instill a confidence that would make her enjoy her skating. Would love for her to work with someone like Paul Wylie....my two cents...

ETA: I would like to add Ms. Krall to Ms. Lacoste's team as well to even it out....
    Last edited by heyhey; 04-19-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Custom Title
    I voted for the U.S.A , but I wish I could have voted for France, Italy and The U.S because they're the only countries who looks as though they're having fun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast