View Poll Results: What is your favorite Team at Team trophy 2012 ?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Japan

27 27.27%
  • Team U.S.A

18 18.18%
  • Team France

23 23.23%
  • Team Canada

12 12.12%
  • Team Italy

14 14.14%
  • Team Russia

5 5.05%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Team at Team trophy 2012 ?

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    If I were either Amelie or Cynthia at this point, I would more worried that if Joannie Rochette decides to compete in 2014 - there is no Olympics for either one of them....
    At this point, if Barbara Ann Scott or Karen Magnussen wanted to come back, they can take that spot!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Elizabeth Manley definitely could take it!

Custom Title
    If I were either Amelie or Cynthia at this point, I would more worried that if Joannie Rochette decides to compete in 2014 - there is no Olympics for either one of them....
    There might be slight tension between Amelia and Cynthia. Cynthia seemed like a sore loser (for a lack of better term) at Nationals, and she definitely proved she isn't Worlds material at the WTT.

Custom Title
    I enjoyed the reactions of all the teams except Canada and Russia. Those two teams didn't do much cheering for their own team members, let alone for great performances by members of rival teams.

Where all the other teams had ALL members participating, Canada and Russia both had sparse attendance. Was it because neither team has much chance of winning? But France and Italy aren't heavy contenders for the win either, yet all their members were having fun and cheering enthusiastically.

Custom Title
    Goo~~~d morning, everyone! I am back.

<Overall impression on Day1>

My hubby and I had great time there!

Some skaters seemed a bit off right after such exhausting Worlds, but it was just understandable, you know. There still were great performances and lots of standing ovations. We yayed, clapped and hoorayed all the time! My voice got huskier this morning.

My impression on each skaters, I will drop them at each discipline's thread later.

If you ask me, as someone who was actually there, with this thread's question: "which team was cheering and supporting to their team mates the best and the FUNNIEST", my vote goes to France and Italy, hands down. Loved US, too.

Placements by deedee: France+Italy>>US>Japan>Canada+ Russia

As for Canada, I donot know for sure, but they appeared shocked by the point difference between Tessa/Scott and Meryl/Charlie, and Patrick's unexpected fall on 3A, perhaps? Canada got silver at the last WTT. Considering their weaker ladies skaters, they probably knew capturing the gold seemed a bit far this time. But definately was aiming for at least silver; they have two world champions (Dance & Men) after all.

For Russia, they are too young and inexperienced to compete against big boys/girls yet. Most of them appeared nervous before their music started. They did not have competitions to be full house every time on junior circuit. So I would say it's understandable.

But I took it rather this way: They have practiced figure skating as a sport for all their life. They must have probably shocked to see that BOTH the audiences and the skaters could go NUTS while attending a competition!
    Or, they never expected Japanese people could get so 'noisy', who normally appear more conservative, reserved, polite and/or quiet.
    For that matter, I missed Evgeni and Mishin last night, recalling their behaviors at Japan Open in 2010. Russia's attitude as a team would have been much different if Evgeni could have been there.
    Last edited by deedee1; 04-19-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I enjoyed the reactions of all the teams except Canada and Russia. Those two teams didn't do much cheering for their own team members, let alone for great performances by members of rival teams.

It was indeed a pleasant surprise to see that most of the skaters cheered for all the skaters, and applauded with standing ovations for great performances regardless of their teams/nations; just like the audience did the whole time!

deedee1, It sounds like it was a great time.

I loved seeing Team France lift Amodio up sideways in the KnC. And Fabian was so funny in the chicken hat.

Custom Title
    Team Canada and Russia seemed so unenthusiastic! Did Scott even want to be the team captain? he seems bored..

I think he was shocked to be behind in the SD. And Patrick being 2nd is not what they expected. And of course the Canadian ladies were just what everyone expected, I'm sad to say. He does not seem to be getting into this event.

However, he has been to WTT before in 2009, so he should have known what to expect?

I hope he gets into the spirit tomorrow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I think he was shocked to be behind in the SD. And Patrick being 2nd is not what they expected. And of course the Canadian ladies were just what everyone expected, I'm sad to say. He does not seem to be getting into this event.

However, he has been to WTT before in 2009, so he should have known what to expect?

I hope he gets into the spirit tomorrow.
    ic....still, as the team captain, he should put a bit more effort into cheering on his teammates!! where's the team spirit, CANADA!!

I would want to be part of Team France or Italy or Japan, they seem fun!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    ic....still, as the team captain, he should put a bit more effort into cheering on his teammates!! where's the team spirit, CANADA!!

I would want to be part of Team France or Italy or Japan, they seem fun!
    I agree--as captain, he should be leading his team in cheering for their teammates!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I agree--as captain, he should be leading his team in cheering for their teammates!
    Folks - it was the first day - so team Canada did not decide to re-enact a "GLEE" episode...Mr. Moir should go ahead and bring a couple of kegs tomorrow, gatorade coolers, balloons, fireworks and perhaps a couple of monkeys to liven up the place....can we cut the guy some slack - I mean really...

Custom Title
    Folks - it was the first day - so team Canada did not decide to re-enact a "GLEE" episode...Mr. Moir should go ahead and bring a couple of kegs tomorrow, gatorade coolers, balloons, fireworks and perhaps a couple of monkeys to liven up the place....can we cut the guy some slack - I mean really...
    I don't think it being the first day has any relevance.

Loved Team France and Team USA cheering for Dai from above.

Banned
    Team Russian in K&C finally woke up. Probably got a call from big boss in Moscow after people there read all the stuff that fans wrote on Russian internet boards about their attitude in K&C. Only Team Canada is still like at funeral. They didn't even join the cheering for Dai that took place after his skating and was supported by all other teams. Some folks in Canada booth simply left. What's wrong with you people? Oh, indeed, go away. We don't need your funeral faces and mean attitude that spoil the feeling of festivity. The fight for gold medal for the best K&C is going on. I think Italians are better organized, they always have someone on duty, their booth is never empty, they are louder and very colourful. But today French did better because they were more original. Each support is a mini-show. Brian&Co. in mummy's dresses were great. Italians, when they saw it, looked at them probably thinking about what to do in return, and they came up with o'sumo-san idea. Lol. French carried out a discotheque in K&C while Amodio was skating, then their Missison impossible was just and I am more than sure tonight and all night team Italy will spend on creating the ways to support Hotareks and Carolina tomorrow. They definitely are not going to lose K&C to French easily. Now it's 1:1. Tomorrow is a judgment day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast