Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: WTT Pairs SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Yeah....for a top pair, their SBS jumps are ridiculously out of sync. Actually, they barely even pretend to be in sync at all.

Will that lead?
    These two should get really low PCS. I don't get their score most of the time.
    If she jumps and he's on the ground, then that means 0 point for the elemtn, right? he's not jumping.

62.02 ok.

Custom Title
    the weirdest judging I've ever seen. Are the judges trying to help the Canadians and the Japanese?????????????

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    I like B/L program the best. She has such nice line and stretch!!!

Wish they would relate to each other more.
    Her carriage and posture were immediately noticeable on ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    These two should get really low PCS. I don't get their score most of the time.
    If she jumps and he's on the ground, then that means 0 point for the elemtn, right? he's not jumping.
    Personally, I think B/L should get no higher than 6.00 for IN...I'm not convinced they hear the music at all when they skate.

I wish V/T were here instead!!

Custom Title
    I just think Takahashi and Tran are just wasting everyone's time! Someone switch a country!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gioccia View Post
    the weirdest judging I've ever seen. Are the judges trying to help the Canadians and the Japanese?????????????
    Other than the falls, the Canadians had a ready good program with quality executions. He was the only one who changed direction during the lift I believe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    I like B/L program the best. She has such nice line and stretch!!!

Wish they would relate to each other more.
    Someone glued ice cream sticks together and put a nondescript face on it and called it Vera Bazarova. This is why its line is unnaturally woody and straight and why it can't relate to the future truck driver that is L. And ice cream sticks can't hear music.

^ Um ok.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I just think Takahashi and Tran are just wasting everyone's time! Someone switch a country!!!
    Why should they? Even if they can't go to the Olympics, T/T are basically guaranteed literally every plum international assignment they can get by virtue of being literally Japan's only elite pairs team. Also, I'm sure the JSF with all its money can comfortably fund them much more than the majority of other federations. If T/T go to Canada, they'll have to duke it out with D/R (who have beaten them before), M-T/M, D/W....a bad day at Nationals can cost T/T a spot on the World team and other international assignments.

Maybe Azerbaijian will have them? But the Azerbaijani skating fed will probably forget to fill in the proper paperwork on time and it'll all be for naught in the end....

Custom Title
    T/T was working on a throw 3Flip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mLEa...eature=related
    see around 9:22, they landed one. maybe this will be their throw in the future.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Why should they? Even if they can't go to the Olympics, T/T are basically guaranteed literally every plum international assignment they can get by virtue of being literally Japan's only elite pairs team. Also, I'm sure the JSF with all its money can comfortably fund them much more than the majority of other federations. If T/T go to Canada, they'll have to duke it out with D/R (who have beaten them before), M-T/M, D/W....a bad day at Nationals can cost T/T a spot on the World team and other international assignments.

Maybe Azerbaijian will have them? But the Azerbaijani skating fed will probably forget to fill in the proper paperwork on time and it'll all be for naught in the end....
    Well you basically say that Japan can fund the team so it's not really a financial question. Obviously for other people they would need to goal of Olympics to raise money for the team. The Japanese federation is just like using these skaters "Look we have a pairs team!" but they can't reach the top - can't even go to compete at the top - which is the Olympics. She doesn't want to give up her Japanese citizenship for figure skating and he can't get Japanese citizenship. I think she could try to get a Japanese partner of her talent.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Well you basically say that Japan can fund the team so it's not really a financial question. Obviously for other people they would need to goal of Olympics to raise money for the team. The Japanese federation is just like using these skaters "Look we have a pairs team!" but they can't reach the top - can't even go to compete at the top - which is the Olympics. She doesn't want to give up her Japanese citizenship for figure skating and he can't get Japanese citizenship. I think she could try to get a Japanese partner of her talent.
    Err, they can participate at W, 4cc, GP. All is well. They will continue to spoil the podium prediction from time to time. So what if their goal don't line up with everyone else's.

Custom Title
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wt...P_P_Scores.pdf

protocol,
    4 judges thought B/L SBS 3T was adequate. Who are those judges?
    She jumped, then landed, then he jumped. That's not SBS. Two random elements performed separately by 2 single skaters. Should be 0 and -3GOE.

Medalist
    The Olympics is just one competition. They can still win World medals. I hope Takahashi/Tran stay with Japan. Besides, wouldn't they have to sit out one season if they switch countries?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast