The Effects on Sasha's 2004 Pursuits | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Effects on Sasha's 2004 Pursuits

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hi Rgirl, :)

Enjoyed reading your post, but would like to respond to the following ones:

Rgirl said:
Nadine,
You raise a lot of excellent points, especially about being able to maintain difficult combos. But I think what happened with TT and Sasha this season was strategy with the COP. There was a lot more to be gained by doing a program with easier jumps with more difficult entrances, ie, footwork and a lot more to lose by trying a 3/3 and falling.

ME: yes, I fully understood/understand this, but nevertheless I was personally against it.......practice, practice, practice.......and she had nothing to lose b/c she was already head & shoulders ahead of everyone else (especially w/out Michelle, Irina, or Sarah on the GP). Though I concede that hindsight is always better after the fact (lol :D ). Btw, please refer to my post over on the thread about Sarah entitled "New Article About Sarah Hughes" ~ specifically her stats records ~ kept putting in those difficult 3/3 combos. year after year after year. IMHO Sasha has to ask herself "is it more important to win, or is it more important the way in which she wins" (reminds me of a quote from Steve Prefontaine about how he always wanted to win, but it was more important how he won than anything else; didn't want to run an easy 2 miles than come from behind to win; no, he always ran full out! No holding back). Btw, this is a compliment from me to Sasha b/c she reminds me of him (just as Sarah Hughes did). No lie.

6. (For fans only) Has this affected your position on Sasha?
No. But why is this question "For fans only"? Isn't it possible that this situation has affected someone's position on Sasha who is not a fan or perhaps neutral? But it's your questionnaire, Joe, so you can ask the questions anyway you want:)

ME: I, too, was wondering why the prerequisite.......and was rather hesistant in answering b/c I didn't know whether this meant die-hard fan or just a fan or a fanatic or what the heck :eek: ........anyhow, I said to h*** with it, I am a fan of Sasha (even though she makes me mad sometimes & sometimes I like her & sometimes I don't, lol :D ). Btw, kinda off-topic but what really pi**** me off are those that need to preface there opinion on a skater by first stating the traditional disclaimer "though I'm not a fan blah blah blah" - b.s. - just have the ***** to state an opinion without the disclaimer. JMHO of course. ;)

Last note, there are only two (possibly three) persons on this thread that I, personally, would classify as die-hard sincere fans of Sasha......this from having read their individual posts over the years on various message boards, forums, newsgroups, etc.....and I'm not one of them (just a fan is all). However, I can relate b/c I feel the same way about my all-time favorites Sonja Henie, Oksana Baiul, Sarah Hughes (& one or two others that are bordering on the line). :)

Peace, Love & Happy New Year! Nadine

P.S. In reading over what I said, I hope it doesn't come across as preachy, but I sincerely didn't mean for it to ~ my apologies if that's the way it sounded.

"There can be no peace without the truth" - Ludwig Van Beethoven