Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Has MK managed to stay fit?

  1. #1
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,657

  2. #2
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,070
    Thanks for sharing

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    766
    Mathman, she's like, what 30? She's still a young adult, so it's not surprising that she's managed to stay healthy.

    I was going to name some skaters that are old enough to check up on their fitness levels, but I'm going to stop while I'm ahead

  4. #4
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,657
    I don't think Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis is going to catch her.

    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...lD4VjdbcUQ&t=1

    A promotional shoot for Royal Caribbean cruises. Yes, that's Ann Patrice McDonough on Michelle's left.

    http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...73443791_n.jpg

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I don't think Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis is going to catch her.

    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...lD4VjdbcUQ&t=1

    A promotional shoot for Royal Caribbean cruises. Yes, that's Ann Patrice McDonough on Michelle's left.

    http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...73443791_n.jpg
    I'm happy to see Greg doing well and being active, given how long he has had to battle his illness.

    And, wow, I haven't seen or heard anything about APM in a long time. I'm sure her fellow castmates are very impressed by her accomplishments.

  6. #6
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,721
    wow, not where I expect to see APM!

  7. #7
    Custom Title macy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    558
    forget MK, royal caribbean is in the background! lol jk! she looks great. but really, i love cruises.

    a little off topic, but i just looked at the pic with APM in it, and i realized i've met her before. she came to my rink a long time ago...i want to say 02 or 03. she's friends with a coach i had, annie aggeler. i don't know if anyone has heard of her before, she was a national competitor. i remember annie told me APM had never missed a day of skating ever. not for vacation or anything.
    Last edited by macy; 04-20-2012 at 05:26 PM.

  8. #8
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,100
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    forget MK, royal caribbean is in the background! lol jk! she looks great. but really, i love cruises.

    a little off topic, but i just looked at the pic with APM in it, and i realized i've met her before. she came to my rink a long time ago...i want to say 02 or 03. she's friends with a coach i had, annie aggeler. i don't know if anyone has heard of her before, she was a national competitor. i remember annie told me APM had never missed a day of skating ever. not for vacation or anything.
    I remember Annie aka Andrea. She competed around the same time as Ann-Patrice! She was as high as 8th at senior nationals.

  9. #9
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    Mathman, she's like, what 30? She's still a young adult, so it's not surprising that she's managed to stay healthy.
    I know a lot of teens and 20 somethings who would love to be as fit and healthy as Michele. If you walk around the malls throughout America, there are a lot of young people who are not fit , even for non-athletes.

    Also, when many athletes stop training, they do gain wait and lose some muscle tone. So, Michele is doing a phenomenal job at keeping a very athletic figure considering that she's not training full time anymore.

    Greg Louganis is also in great shape.

    I'm not much of a cruise person, but maybe if Michele was going to perform on a cruise I'd go on another ship.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Michelle and Louganis both look wonderful! I'm glad Michelle has stayed fit. It's not a given that ex-athletes will stay fit, even those who are still pretty young. Once athletes stop training, they have to make time for substitute workouts.

    Thanks to everyone for the links.

  11. #11
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    wow, not where I expect to see APM!
    Well, a girl's got to make a living. The two things she knows how to do are skate and look glamorous.

  12. #12
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Well, a girl's got to make a living. The two things she knows how to do are skate and look glamorous.
    Mmm, but she was reportedly so out of love with the sport... from what I understand these shows aren't exactly where you go if you hate skating.

  13. #13
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,657
    I poked around on the Internet and learned that APMcD has been doing these cruises since 2010. Evidently quite a few former skaters sign up for a tour of duty just to see the world. Depending on the itinerary, they have ports of call in many Mediterranean and Caribbean ports.

    They typically put on two shows a night, seven nights a week, and during the day they have duties like renting out skates to passengers, or just making the rounds socializing.

  14. #14
    Custom Title periperi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    201
    Michelle always appears to be in great shape. Can't even imagine her out of shape.

    Found a bigger picture of Michelle, AP and the group of skaters: http://p.twimg.com/AocCQD5CMAASOgB.jpg#twimg

    Ann-Patrice has always been lovely... but wow. What a beautiful woman she's become! Also happy that she's still involved in skating.

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I poked around on the Internet and learned that APMcD has been doing these cruises since 2010. Evidently quite a few former skaters sign up for a tour of duty just to see the world. Depending on the itinerary, they have ports of call in many Mediterranean and Caribbean ports.

    They typically put on two shows a night, seven nights a week, and during the day they have duties like renting out skates to passengers, or just making the rounds socializing.

    Maybe for Ann-Patrice, this more performance-oriented form of skating, combined with the gypsy existence of a traveling ice troupe, might be a way for her to feel as if she's broken free of whatever distressed her during her teen years. She's away from home, she doesn't have to skate for a panel of stern-looking judges, and she gets to wear glamorous costumes--and, as you say, see the world. I hope she's enjoying herself and growing into the person she wants to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •