Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has MK managed to stay fit?

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for sharing

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Mathman, she's like, what 30? She's still a young adult, so it's not surprising that she's managed to stay healthy.

I was going to name some skaters that are old enough to check up on their fitness levels, but I'm going to stop while I'm ahead

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis is going to catch her.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...lD4VjdbcUQ&t=1

A promotional shoot for Royal Caribbean cruises. Yes, that's Ann Patrice McDonough on Michelle's left.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...73443791_n.jpg

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I don't think Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis is going to catch her.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...lD4VjdbcUQ&t=1

A promotional shoot for Royal Caribbean cruises. Yes, that's Ann Patrice McDonough on Michelle's left.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...73443791_n.jpg
    I'm happy to see Greg doing well and being active, given how long he has had to battle his illness.

And, wow, I haven't seen or heard anything about APM in a long time. I'm sure her fellow castmates are very impressed by her accomplishments.

0 Not allowed!
    wow, not where I expect to see APM!

0 Not allowed!
    forget MK, royal caribbean is in the background! lol jk! she looks great. but really, i love cruises.

a little off topic, but i just looked at the pic with APM in it, and i realized i've met her before. she came to my rink a long time ago...i want to say 02 or 03. she's friends with a coach i had, annie aggeler. i don't know if anyone has heard of her before, she was a national competitor. i remember annie told me APM had never missed a day of skating ever. not for vacation or anything.
    Last edited by macy; 04-20-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    forget MK, royal caribbean is in the background! lol jk! she looks great. but really, i love cruises.

a little off topic, but i just looked at the pic with APM in it, and i realized i've met her before. she came to my rink a long time ago...i want to say 02 or 03. she's friends with a coach i had, annie aggeler. i don't know if anyone has heard of her before, she was a national competitor. i remember annie told me APM had never missed a day of skating ever. not for vacation or anything.
    I remember Annie aka Andrea. She competed around the same time as Ann-Patrice! She was as high as 8th at senior nationals.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    Mathman, she's like, what 30? She's still a young adult, so it's not surprising that she's managed to stay healthy.
    I know a lot of teens and 20 somethings who would love to be as fit and healthy as Michele. If you walk around the malls throughout America, there are a lot of young people who are not fit , even for non-athletes.

Also, when many athletes stop training, they do gain wait and lose some muscle tone. So, Michele is doing a phenomenal job at keeping a very athletic figure considering that she's not training full time anymore.

Greg Louganis is also in great shape.

I'm not much of a cruise person, but maybe if Michele was going to perform on a cruise I'd go on another ship.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Michelle and Louganis both look wonderful! I'm glad Michelle has stayed fit. It's not a given that ex-athletes will stay fit, even those who are still pretty young. Once athletes stop training, they have to make time for substitute workouts.

Thanks to everyone for the links.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    wow, not where I expect to see APM!
    Well, a girl's got to make a living. The two things she knows how to do are skate and look glamorous.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, a girl's got to make a living. The two things she knows how to do are skate and look glamorous.
    Mmm, but she was reportedly so out of love with the sport... from what I understand these shows aren't exactly where you go if you hate skating.

0 Not allowed!
    I poked around on the Internet and learned that APMcD has been doing these cruises since 2010. Evidently quite a few former skaters sign up for a tour of duty just to see the world. Depending on the itinerary, they have ports of call in many Mediterranean and Caribbean ports.

They typically put on two shows a night, seven nights a week, and during the day they have duties like renting out skates to passengers, or just making the rounds socializing.

0 Not allowed!
    Michelle always appears to be in great shape. Can't even imagine her out of shape.

Found a bigger picture of Michelle, AP and the group of skaters: http://p.twimg.com/AocCQD5CMAASOgB.jpg#twimg

Ann-Patrice has always been lovely... but wow. What a beautiful woman she's become! Also happy that she's still involved in skating.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I poked around on the Internet and learned that APMcD has been doing these cruises since 2010. Evidently quite a few former skaters sign up for a tour of duty just to see the world. Depending on the itinerary, they have ports of call in many Mediterranean and Caribbean ports.

They typically put on two shows a night, seven nights a week, and during the day they have duties like renting out skates to passengers, or just making the rounds socializing.

Maybe for Ann-Patrice, this more performance-oriented form of skating, combined with the gypsy existence of a traveling ice troupe, might be a way for her to feel as if she's broken free of whatever distressed her during her teen years. She's away from home, she doesn't have to skate for a panel of stern-looking judges, and she gets to wear glamorous costumes--and, as you say, see the world. I hope she's enjoying herself and growing into the person she wants to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast