Has MK managed to stay fit? | Golden Skate

Has MK managed to stay fit?

brightphoton

Medalist
Mathman, she's like, what 30? She's still a young adult, so it's not surprising that she's managed to stay healthy.

I was going to name some skaters that are old enough to check up on their fitness levels, but I'm going to stop while I'm ahead :)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I don't think Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis is going to catch her. :)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2wzKMDbBtbS130mv0_subi5_P9o2GidaM5bA4bg0hlD4VjdbcUQ&t=1

A promotional shoot for Royal Caribbean cruises. Yes, that's Ann Patrice McDonough on Michelle's left. :clap:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...0081397_103249601396_11865699_673443791_n.jpg

I'm happy to see Greg doing well and being active, given how long he has had to battle his illness.

And, wow, I haven't seen or heard anything about APM in a long time. I'm sure her fellow castmates are very impressed by her accomplishments.

macy

Record Breaker
forget MK, royal caribbean is in the background! lol jk! she looks great. but really, i love cruises.

a little off topic, but i just looked at the pic with APM in it, and i realized i've met her before. she came to my rink a long time ago...i want to say 02 or 03. she's friends with a coach i had, annie aggeler. i don't know if anyone has heard of her before, she was a national competitor. i remember annie told me APM had never missed a day of skating ever. not for vacation or anything.

Last edited:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
forget MK, royal caribbean is in the background! lol jk! she looks great. but really, i love cruises.

a little off topic, but i just looked at the pic with APM in it, and i realized i've met her before. she came to my rink a long time ago...i want to say 02 or 03. she's friends with a coach i had, annie aggeler. i don't know if anyone has heard of her before, she was a national competitor. i remember annie told me APM had never missed a day of skating ever. not for vacation or anything.

I remember Annie aka Andrea. She competed around the same time as Ann-Patrice! She was as high as 8th at senior nationals.

heyang

Record Breaker
Mathman, she's like, what 30? She's still a young adult, so it's not surprising that she's managed to stay healthy.

I know a lot of teens and 20 somethings who would love to be as fit and healthy as Michele. If you walk around the malls throughout America, there are a lot of young people who are not fit , even for non-athletes.

Also, when many athletes stop training, they do gain wait and lose some muscle tone. So, Michele is doing a phenomenal job at keeping a very athletic figure considering that she's not training full time anymore.

Greg Louganis is also in great shape.

I'm not much of a cruise person, but maybe if Michele was going to perform on a cruise I'd go on another ship.

Michelle and Louganis both look wonderful! I'm glad Michelle has stayed fit. It's not a given that ex-athletes will stay fit, even those who are still pretty young. Once athletes stop training, they have to make time for substitute workouts.

Thanks to everyone for the links.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well, a girl's got to make a living. The two things she knows how to do are skate and look glamorous.

Mmm, but she was reportedly so out of love with the sport... from what I understand these shows aren't exactly where you go if you hate skating. :laugh:

I poked around on the Internet and learned that APMcD has been doing these cruises since 2010. Evidently quite a few former skaters sign up for a tour of duty just to see the world. Depending on the itinerary, they have ports of call in many Mediterranean and Caribbean ports.

They typically put on two shows a night, seven nights a week, and during the day they have duties like renting out skates to passengers, or just making the rounds socializing.

periperi

On the Ice
Michelle always appears to be in great shape. :thumbsup: Can't even imagine her out of shape.

Found a bigger picture of Michelle, AP and the group of skaters: http://p.twimg.com/AocCQD5CMAASOgB.jpg#twimg

Ann-Patrice has always been lovely... but wow. What a beautiful woman she's become! Also happy that she's still involved in skating.

I poked around on the Internet and learned that APMcD has been doing these cruises since 2010. Evidently quite a few former skaters sign up for a tour of duty just to see the world. Depending on the itinerary, they have ports of call in many Mediterranean and Caribbean ports.

They typically put on two shows a night, seven nights a week, and during the day they have duties like renting out skates to passengers, or just making the rounds socializing.

Maybe for Ann-Patrice, this more performance-oriented form of skating, combined with the gypsy existence of a traveling ice troupe, might be a way for her to feel as if she's broken free of whatever distressed her during her teen years. She's away from home, she doesn't have to skate for a panel of stern-looking judges, and she gets to wear glamorous costumes--and, as you say, see the world. I hope she's enjoying herself and growing into the person she wants to be.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ryan Bradley told Ice Network that he'll be doing the cruise ship thing and on Royal Caribbean as well. Apparently his girlfriend is also a skater on the same ship he will be on. I totally can see Ryan enjoying that sort of thing.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

yes I know, it just seems odd because APM was always talked about as being completely forced to skate and that she didn't like it.. the perks are nice for this job, but if you don't love it it gets tediuous just like everything else...

but if this renewed her love for skating more power to her.

macy

Record Breaker
annie also did (not sure if she still is doing) shows on RC. she still does shows but i'm not sure where. she has so many pictures of her glamorous costumes on her FB page, it's really cool to look at.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
traveling ice troupe, might be a way for her to feel as if she's broken free of whatever distressed her during her teen years.

Good point, Ann Patrice seemed to have such an attitude when she skated competively.