Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free

The Sochi event is going to be amazing. Hope Akiko stays to join that team and hopefully win gold

Russia is surely going to fight for that gold!

Custom Title
    Russia will have to get a LOT better in Mens and Ice Dancing to have a shot. Japan won't have a Pairs team.

They have Plushenko who else do they need.

And I heard Japan can still compete with only 3 disiplines but with others competing in all 4 and with that dance team a medal is impossible.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Russia will have to get a LOT better in Mens and Ice Dancing to have a shot. Japan won't have a Pairs team.
    Isn't Russia probably going to unleash Plushenko for Sochi? Even if Plushenko's knees won't hold up til then, I'm sure Gachinsky would have easily done better than Kovtun and Bush here.

I/K were pretty bad, but that's because they didn't train much after Worlds...

Yes and Gachinsky will have home field advantage just like worlds last year. If he skates well, he'll be up there with the best. Just look at Euros. So the Russian men are not going to be a problem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Isn't Russia probably going to unleash Plushenko for Sochi? Even if Plushenko's knees won't hold up til then, I'm sure Gachinsky would have easily done better than Kovtun and Bush here.

I/K were pretty bad, but that's because they didn't train much after Worlds...
    1 per discipline right ?
    so can it be another team/individual from the actual individual event and for the TE ?

so it can be like V/M and W/P for TE
    or S/Z and I/K for TE

^ can you clarify your question and I will give you an answer??

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Akiko won!!!
    Yes, yes, yes, yes!! I looooooove this event now!

Really hope she enjoys this to no end and takes that as a confidence boost for next season. The figure skating world needs her passion and joy on the ice, and I never get tired of seeing it.
    Good for Carolina to keep the only (?) fall this season for an event like this. Her skating was still beautiful, but the season was long and that can happen.
    Ashley on a podium again is good to see! I'm very curios what kind of prgramms she will skate next season - this FS was perfect for her, hope she can keep it up.
    Sooooo glad for Adelina finishing 4th!!
    Aside from the first big mistake, things were looking better again. I really hope she'll take her time in the off season and sort some things out. So much talent, so grogeous to watch.
    Gracie did a good job overall. For her first time in seniors and a re-worked programm she held herself very well. Wish her all the best, hope she can continue to live up to her talent.
    Sad that Kanako messed up so badly, but that might be the long season affecting her too. I'm not so sad to say byebye to her FS this year, it never really fit her, I hope she gets a better programm next year again!

I'm not too sad to say goodbye to any of these programs

Can't wait for next season

Overslept and missed the ladies and pairs. I did watch the medal ceremony tho.

Congrats to Akiko, Carolina and Ashely!

Congrats to Team Japan, Team USA and Team Canada!
    Last edited by demarinis5; 04-21-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    ^ can you clarify your question and I will give you an answer??
    I mean, will there a different set of individuals for the actual olympics individual event and team event

like examples:

Olympics Ladies - Gracie Gold , Carolina Zhang, Ashley Wagner
    Olympics TE - Alissa Czisny

Olympics Ladies - Julia Lipnitskaya, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Adelina Sotnikova
    Olympics TE - Alena Leonova

Olympics Ice Dance - Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, Ivan/Bukin, Ilinkyh/Katsalpov
    Olympics TE - Bobroba/Soloviev

is that how this TE will work
    you can have different set of skaters ?

No. Think about it this way, if you are fighting for an Olympic medal would you send your B team??? Heck no. Esp if they B team is composed of headcases, weak links, etc. They have to choose from those who qualify to the individual events.

Custom Title
    I would hope so. It would be terrible to ask the competitors of the regular events to have to skate in the teams events also. Can you imagine if one them gets hurts in the team competition?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    No. Think about it this way, if you are fighting for an Olympic medal would you send your B team??? Heck no. Esp if they B team is composed of headcases, weak links, etc. They have to choose from those who qualify to the individual events.
    but wouldn't that be too much ? investing in two event competitions
    some skaters might get disadvantaged suffering pressure and fatigue already

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I would hope so. It would be terrible to ask the competitors of the regular events to have to skate in the teams events also. Can you imagine if one them gets hurts in the team competition?
    exactly
    not a good idea getting the options from the same qualifiers
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 04-21-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Supposedly they can substitute, key word here is supposedly. For example Chan can skate the SP and Reynolds the LP.

Don't know if this is true yet, but the team must come from those who have qualified for individual events. The Olympic committee don't want to build more housing so they want to keep the number of athletes the same...which is probably why Synchronized skating isn't an Olympic sport.

What should happen is to just get rid of the exhibition and move the team event there and then move all the individual events to start sooner so that everything fits in the schedule.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast