Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free

Custom Title
    I stayed up until almost 6 am to watch this. My impression was that the ladies competition was a hot mess. Not one lady impressed me technically. Wagner won the free skate by default. She wasn't that great - two double-footed jumps & a flutz. Gold disappointed me as well, missing her 3Lz-3T combo for the first time this season (I wasn't that surprised about the popped axel - she seems to mess that up a lot.) Her PCS was actually higher than her TES, which seems ironic given all the talk about her abilities as a skater. This competition didn't do much to change my impression that the ladies field is really weak right now.

Custom Title
    Here are the protocols

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Lenonova did not give up, good for her!

I agree, Alena was very brave. She overcame herself today. Due to press, she fell ill a few days before the competition. She skated with fever, sore throat, she overall felt tired and weak. With this handicap she was able to land triples in the second half of her free skate, that’s admirable. I remember few skaters to skate with illness and no doubt that it is much harder to land any triple being sick.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I stayed up until almost 6 am to watch this. My impression was that the ladies competition was a hot mess. Not one lady impressed me technically. Wagner won the free skate by default. She wasn't that great - two double-footed jumps & a flutz. Gold disappointed me as well, missing her 3Lz-3T combo for the first time this season (I wasn't that surprised about the popped axel - she seems to mess that up a lot.) Her PCS was actually higher than her TES, which seems ironic given all the talk about her abilities as a skater. This competition didn't do much to change my impression that the ladies field is really weak right now.
    For some of these skaters it was their 7th competition this year. Also it's hard to get up for this after Worlds which is what every skaters points too to peak at.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    For some of these skaters it was their 7th competition this year. Also it's hard to get up for this after Worlds which is what every skaters points too to peak at.
    Or 8 competitions - Leonova took a part at: 3 GP, GPF, Russian Nats, Euros, Worlds, plus World Team Trophy (almost competive Test Skate in September with whole programs and Open Japan where she skate only free program).

Custom Title
    How the heck did Canada get on the podium?

Custom Title
    More than 8 for people like Carolina who also did 3 GPs and stuff like Challenge Cup.

Yeah, Ladies wasn't as exciting as men.

Custom Title
    How the heck did Canada get on the podium?
    I know, right?!! It was France's spot all this time until after Yretha skated and they suddenly dropped to fourth. I guess it's not *that* much of a surprise; they do have the silver medalists in Dance and Men and Pairs.

Custom Title
    Something about last place skaters getting medals doesn't seem right.

Custom Title
    LOL, the bouquets they're handing out during the medal ceremony are so cute, all pink and purple! But the fuzzy ones they had in 2009 were even cuter

Well to be fair, it wasn't totally Silete fault the French pairs team helped as well by finishing dead last. lol

Custom Title
    Something about last place skaters getting medals doesn't seem right.
    Was thinking the same thing. Ah well, that's the way it goes in a team event.

I've heard there's supposed to be individual medals (per event) as well, but maybe it's more like a small medal ceremony during press conference??

Custom Title
    I still think the US had the best all arounbd team no skater came close to last place. Men bombed though and Pairs isn't great.

Custom Title
    Phaneuf looked embarrassed getting a medal.

Custom Title
    Ah, so great to see a full house at a skating event for once, with such enthusiasm! Were there more people in the audience here at the WTT than at Worlds?

Also, LOL @ the fact that Team Japan appears to have adopted Daisuke's Blues final pose as their signature pose :D

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast