Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WTT Gala

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It looked like they were throwing T shirts?

I wish it was October already for the start of the FS Season!

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I don't care what all the naysayers say--this was a great event!! And what a great gala!!!!
    I totally agree. I loved every minute of WTT and the Gala! Thank you to Japan and to all of the skaters who participated.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 04-22-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Banned
    French men and Adelina were the only ones who were put in the second half over their competitiors who ranked higher but were in the first half of the show (Chan and Wagner). Chan was actually quite good, beautiful, fast and it surprised me a lot. The Buttle choreo is gorgeous, the hands, moves, jumps- everything was right on topic. He was trying to be meaningful but with no face expression and stiff torso that got ironical. In someone else's execution, I mean if it were Stephane, Dai or Buttle himself the program would be a masterpiece. But still considering what I saw in SP and LP Chan's exhibition is his best stuff this season, it's a real step up for him and he should be moving into that direction. Maybe he should ask Buttle to choreo his new programs next season? Girls were all the same- similar slow music choice, similar pretty dresses, just one and the same ice princess under different names. Only Adelina looked different in her a la Stendal Red&Black. Her presentation is still juniorish but what the hell. At least she looked different. Shizuka was in the lobby accompanying by a security ojisan in the uniform of a banana republic general. Lol. In pairs watching BazLar gave me the feeling that I am finally in a fancy restaurant after a bunch of fastfoods. She is graceful fairy with cleanest lines ever. Well, I didn't really get why Aliona chose this exhibition. The music was already played for Team Japan number. It's not good for the audience when the same music is going on again in galas. Also, they are not champions at this event. And, which is more important imo, they don't need to remind everyone that they are champions. It might look insecure. French guys surely know how to entertain the public. Btw, they and Dai were the only ones who performed the major elements- 3A (Jou had a mistake on landing). Dai.. what can be said. He is a rock star and that is all. In mambo he was the only one who tried a combo and ... felt on the ice. At that moment I wasn't thinking clearly in the orgylike arena but later soberer people told me that his second jump was 3Lo, not 3T. So, it explains why he felt on the combo that he usually doesn't do. But who cares about that silly fall in such situation. No one, except Dai. He felt so embarrassed and kept apologizing to public, bowing and begging for forgivness. Lol. In finale he acted like a host telling foreign skater what to do with that stuff in baskets. Then a thank you speech and see you next season. Oh well it's over but not for long. I had great 4 days in Yoyogi and lucky me the WTT-2013 will be in Tokyo again!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Maybe he should ask Buttle to choreo his new programs next season?
    Buttle is my idol. If Chan skates to Buttle's choreography next season, I may be so biased that I might even say something like "CoP is the best thing ever invented in the skating history".

Custom Title
    Thanks so much for the eyewitness account, Let's Talk! (I'm so jealous of you--in the nicest possible way. You lucky duck, that you got to be there.) It sounds like such a wonderful event. I'll look for snippets of it on YouTube. How great that Miki skated! I agree that she's one of the most beautiful women on the planet. I'm glad Patrick skated that wonderful gala program by Buttle. When I saw a tape of it from Worlds, I was wowed.

I add my thanks to the people of Japan and to all the skaters for such a wonderful event. And it sounds as if the skaters enjoy it as much as we fans do. It's the perfect way to end the skating season.

Thank you let's talk for your review and report. It surely seemed like the audience was in a party mood along with the skaters. Patrick's exhibition was beautifully skated I really enjoyed it along with so many others.

Did Gracie skate a solo number? Can't seem to find it in the ISU stream..

Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    Did Gracie skate a solo number? Can't seem to find it in the ISU stream..
    Unfortunately no.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I enjoyed her skates too. Not sure about Joubert's schticks though I am sure his fans were charmed.
    They were!

When was the US Team Skate? Before or after the Zamboni break?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    When was the US Team Skate? Before or after the Zamboni break?
    Two photos on Twitter showed the two halves of the exhibition skate order:
    http://twitpic.com/9ctd20
    http://twitpic.com/9ctd1z

The second photo says that the Team USA group skate was right after intermission. (And I think that is accurate, although my sleep-deprived memory of the live stream is fuzzy ... )

Banned
    Full gala video in HD:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvxknl-FkIk

Excellent!

Custom Title
    Yippee! Thanks so much.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast