WTT Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

WTT Gala

ice coverage

Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just saw the US team's group skate. That wasn't half bad. :) They obviously needed more practice but they actually put in some group formation stuff in there. Wonder if Marina helped out with ideas and I thought I read somewhere that Charlie was an instructor once with UM synchronized skating team. So that must have helped. They looked like they had fun.

Gracie Gold's IN blog entry from yesterday says:
"Sunday was the exhibition. There were wonderful solo performances from the top finishers and invited Japanese skaters, combined with group numbers choreographed by Japanese choreographers. Team USA opened the second half with a splendid performance using large purple chiffon scarves as props!"

Not 100% clear to me whether she means that the Team USA group number was one of the ones that had Japanese choreographers, but maybe so?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Gracie Gold's IN blog entry from yesterday says:
"Sunday was the exhibition. There were wonderful solo performances from the top finishers and invited Japanese skaters, combined with group numbers choreographed by Japanese choreographers. Team USA opened the second half with a splendid performance using large purple chiffon scarves as props!"

Not 100% clear to me whether she means that the Team USA group number was one of the ones that had Japanese choreographers, but maybe so?

Team Japan group number was "coached" by Nanami Abe, now the ex-coach of Hanyu. Who did Team USA number- I have no idea.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I finally got to watch the Gala on my VCR last night to catch up with you in this thread! :yay:

...only to find out by reading your comments here that BS Asahi TV changed the order of skaters once again. They showed Patrick the second to last which was Daisuke. Thank you BS Asahi...:disapp:

Let's talk, thanks a lot for your lively report on the Gala! Your report made my day after such a disappointing program on aired by Asahi. :agree:

I loved Nathalie and Fabian's "Dirty Dancing"! She was so cute in that number.
Also loved the reactions from Narumi and Dai when they fell. :laugh:
Especially Dai's steps after the fall on 3Lz+3L(!) combo: we can never expect him doing his step seq. that worse in actual comps, can we? ;)

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Finally I am watching a full Gala now, which I recorded thru pay TV the other day, after I finished my writing the review on the comps. :yay:

I loved Takahiko's Gala program.
He looks much better and elegant in that shirt. Why can't he pick up that kind of costume for his competitive programs??? :scratch:

And a series of spread eagle by Takahiko. :bow:
Especially I loved the first spread eagle in straight line. :love:
Takahiko, I WANT this one included in your competitive program!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
He looks much better and elegant in that shirt. Why can't he pick up that kind of costume for his competitive programs??? :scratch:
Yeah, that's the only flow that I see in his appearnce: all his shirts are of the same design, just in different colors, as if they were bought in sales ;). On the other hand that design underlines his royal back , especially when he nods. Yeah, he nods in a very elegant way, not bows. Anyway, he looks so handsome in real life that I am ready to deal with any shirt he chooses to wear :).

Kelly

On the Ice
Yeah, that's the only flow that I see in his appearnce: all his shirts are of the same design, just in different colors, as if they were bought in sales ;). On the other hand that design underlines his royal back , especially when he nods. Yeah, he nods in a very elegant way, not bows. Anyway, he looks so handsome in real life that I am ready to deal with any shirt he chooses to wear :).

From your some old posts, I felt you don't like Kozuka because he doesn't have a reliable quad.:confused: