Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: what music should Patrick Chan skate to next year??

Tripping on the Podium
    "I Wanna Be Loved By You" I think it suits him pretty well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Some suggestions

Led Zeppelin's "Moby Dick"
    "Vltava" from Bedřich Smetana Ma Vlast symphonic poem
    Tan Dun compositions for the movie Hero
    Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity by Gustav Holst
    "Escape to India" from the Kundun soundtrack, by (interestingly enough) Phillip Glass
    If he didn't use Moby Dick for competition, it would make for a pretty sick gala program for him! We did a tap routine to it years and years ago at a workshop and it was the coolest thing, it's SO not a tap song...but then it easily is. I can just see his feet going crazy with this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Muse, Knights of Cydonia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkU5RPPezyE

Skipped to 30 seconds on. Obviously the music need to be edited/recorded over to cut out any vocals, but the sound has an haunting, edgy, epic quality all over it. Great pacing, maintaining the rhythm and tension Patrick lacks in his other program. He need to win over the audience with his technical marvel while breaking their heart playing the fool king/lord/knight, braving doom with melancholy likely leading to a tragic but glorious ending waltzed in a very dark fairy tale/fantasy. In the right hands, this would make a fantastic competition program that can also sell out shows.

A more lighter version have been recorded by others such as this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ln6VksuYhA
    Really love this 2nd version, it gets very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by redwing View Post
    "I Wanna Be Loved By You" I think it suits him pretty well.
    I think he should do "I can do that" from Chorus Line.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Either one would liven up his dull routine

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I bet he'd just shine at that! It would have to be a gala number because it has vocals, but he would be wizard at it.

Custom Title
    I want to see a funny program , not some depressing stuff to depressing music.
    A funny program and his rolling eyes will bring him a lot of 10s in PCS.
    Chantastic!
    Last edited by ciocio; 04-24-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Custom Title
    I was going to save this for the inevitable "What should Patrick Chan skate to at the Olympics?" thread, but here it is:

Short Program: Cohen's Scherzo No. 7 - Bioshock Soundtrack (2:55, so it doesn't need to be edited much)
    Long Program: Time - Hans Zimmer - Inception Soundtrack (4:36, so also doesn't need much editing)

Custom Title
    Something different we hope..... but from Nicol probably not I got a feeling:

SP Summertime
    LP Schereazade (again)

I've always wondered how it would be like when a male skater skates to Bells of Moscow. And now I think he would be able to do that, conveying its depth.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I've always wondered how it would be like when a male skater skates to Bells of Moscow. And now I think he would be able to do that, conveying its depth.
    LOL... considering Patrick's popularity in Russia, I'd thought they'd rather hide their bells and not letting him anywhere near it. Although I am certainly for it, just out of morbid interest ;P

I like the idea of comedy performances, it very risky but rewarding but may be difficult. Comedy is hard to do. Problem is the jarring effect, he has always done serious classic stuff, does Patrick have the personality and charisma to carry it off for the audience to warm up to him effortlessly? I got the feeling these days watching him, half of the audience are holding their breath hoping he'd fall multiple times so they can go complaining about it, the other half of of them are hoping he wouldn't fall, so no one can go and complain about it (The judges probably belong to the latter). So he need a strong transitional program with a powerful enough theme - a 'King Maker' sort of program to reign everyone in line acknowledging his greatness, before experimenting the maestro jester stuff, at the moment seems to have reserved for Amodio, and maybe Daisuke if he ever feels like it, that guy can make anything work. Although Patrick tries in his Mannish Boy gala program, it still feels a bit awkward imo because we are not used to seeing him that way. Ofcourse I could be wrong, I mean even Lambiel went through that Red Cat phase experimenting with comedy, Plushenko Sex Bomb, but that is a bit extreme. "I wanna be loved by you" Patrick in drag? Booo-Boop-a-doop?
    Last edited by os168; 04-24-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Oh, please, not another season of that dirge! Even Rachmaninoff came to dread being asked to play that prelude, and he composed it.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    My evil twin is posting today

If Patrick really has a sense of humor he will skate to this song, perhaps for the exhibition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmGqb...eature=related

I think it actually has been used in skating before, I think by John Baldwin Jr. before he got into pairs.

In seriousness, I don't think humor is his forte. I'd like to see him develop this year's new exhibition number into an LP. That's a gorgeous exhibition.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    LOL... considering Patrick's popularity in Russia, I'd thought they'd rather hide their bells and not letting him anywhere near it.
    You're kind of under stereotype about russian FS fans, I suppose.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by STARushka View Post
    You're kind of under stereotype about russian FS fans, I suppose.
    I suppose I am, but it is no different than how'd I react upon hearing Plushenko doing 'Stars spangles', or 'California dreamin' for program or ex ;P

----------

Suggestion to Patrick, if you really want to go after Chinese deep pockets for financial support and security, consider this piece of music as one of your next year's Ex in China although it is famous all over Asia including Japan and Korea. Then prepare to get ready for full on Daisuke level of Aunty fanmania! And maybe you too can get Dior gift bags in the future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR25KweQMmc

(Or see if you can find a different arrangement, since nothing can touch the original http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFm7AWP9n4)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast