The most handsome skaters | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The most handsome skaters

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I don`t know why people liek Daisuke so much; he kind of seems a bit creepy to me
:laugh: Weee! Dai and creepy. I just love it! Well, I realize that photos and videos don't always show the same image of a person as you can observe in real life. Dai is quite casual in fact. He is adored by cameras, also he has an incredible feeling for shows, so he looks even better on pics/vids when he performs. While some people might say that Kozuka looks okay and not more, maybe childish. But in real life he is just stunning. The most handsome dude among J-skaters now. ;)

waxel

Final Flight
Joubert
Poje
Trankov
White
Brubaker
Brezina
Smirnov (despite bad haircut)
Donohoe
Keifer Hubbell
Fernandez
Rippon
Buntin
Kerr
Actually, this list could go on and on for quite a spell.......

Macassar88

Medalist
I think those pics were meant to be private in Nathalie's Facebook page. I don't think she's happy that they are publiced in sports.ru!! :disagree:

Lol that sucks for her.

And my pick for most handsome skater goes to Scott Moir.

Two of most beautiful people in FS, they look so smitten:D, while that publishing was rather unfortunate. I remember an episode during Nice. I read a post somewhere that one of French commentators explicitly expressed his frustration with T Verner and the other guy mentioned that he and Natalie are a thing, and then suddenly this guy was all "Oh my god, look at his superb skating!" I was so ROFL.

DianaSelene

Medalist
French commentators say a lot of unnecessary things. For example, the time they were laughing at Johnny Weir and calling him gay (I think at Vancouver olympics?)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
French commentators say a lot of unnecessary things. For example, the time they were laughing at Johnny Weir and calling him gay (I think at Vancouver olympics?)
I believe those were actually Canadian broadcasters (source).

Re Nathalie's pictures, she does put a lot of pictures of off-ice stuff on P/B's Facebook page, including ones of her and Tomas - but I don't believe these came from there, and they were probably not intended for that kind of distribution.

DianaSelene

Medalist
I believe those were actually Canadian broadcasters (source).

Re Nathalie's pictures, she does put a lot of pictures of off-ice stuff on P/B's Facebook page, including ones of her and Tomas - but I don't believe these came from there, and they were probably not intended for that kind of distribution.

I am sorry. So they were Canadian commentators- I was confused because they spoke French but it says they were from Quebec so it makes sense.

The new issue of International Figure Skating magazine has some wonderful articles and photos about both Worlds skaters and some pro skaters (Lambiel and Browning). There's a lovely photo of Joubert, who I agree is quite fine-looking. We skate fans are lucky ducks.

noskates

Record Breaker
My first post! Have to agree about D. Takahashi. I don't think he's creepy looking but I always think he needs a good shampoo and cut! My favorites are:
Stephane Lambiel (bought him a drink in Victoria after he won Skate Canada - sooooo cute!)
Charlie White
and a young Kurt Browning

deedee1

Record Breaker
Welcome to the GS Forum, noskates! :)

My first post! Have to agree about D. Takahashi. I don't think he's creepy looking but I always think he needs a good shampoo and cut!

:laugh: You may not believe me but Daisuke's mother is a barber actually, so that he takes great pride in his hairstyle quite naturally.
In his late teen, he used to bring lots of containers of hair sprays/gels/wax in his overseas suitcase, and spend an hour or so ;) doing his hairdo by himself in a hotel room prior to the competitions. When it did not go well to his liking, he was not in the mood for competing in the least, he confessed years later. That explains a couple of his lackluster performances back in the days, to me in a way. :biggrin:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Here goes mine!

Among retired ones:
Alexei Urmanov
Ilia Kulik
Sasha Abt
John Zimmerman
Stephane Lambiel

Among currently competing:
Brian Joubert
Andrew Poje
Nikita Katsalapov
Paul Poirier
Zach Donohue ->First time for me to see this team at the recent US Nats on TV. I tried HARD to concentrate on their 'feet', but I just could not take my eyes off his face. :laugh:

Sorry Dai but I am attracted more to ice dancers these days. ;)

Macassar88

Medalist
My first post! Have to agree about D. Takahashi. I don't think he's creepy looking but I always think he needs a good shampoo and cut! My favorites are:
Stephane Lambiel (bought him a drink in Victoria after he won Skate Canada - sooooo cute!)
Charlie White
and a young Kurt Browning

That's really cool about Lambiel.

How cool, Noskates! A Lambiel memory is one to treasure for generations to come. And welcome to GS! I agree about your three faves, Lambiel, White, and Browning (at any age, especially when on the move to music).

And yes, deedee1, I'm getting more and more impressed (one could say weak at the knees) when seeing Poje. Of course Ilia Kulik is on my list as well.

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
So here's what happened. It was Skate Canada in 2006 in Victoria. My skating friend and I met two ladies from Vancouver at the 2001 Worlds and have kept in touch. They met us in Victoria and we spent the competition together. One of them was absolutely gaga over Stephane (she probably had clothes older than him but....hey!) We were in the bar at the Empress Hotel and he walked in with his coach, girlfriend, and I don't know who else. I called a waiter over and unbeknownst to my friend, sent Stephane a drink. When the waiter delivered it to him he asked who sent it, etc. He came over and very graciously thanked us. He was so cute and so polite. My friend couldn't even get a word out - she was so shocked. We congratulated him on his skate and told him how much we enjoyed his skating - especially his spins. He was just so humble and so nice. I've been a diehard fan ever since.

p.s. thank you for the welcome. I've been searching for a place to talk about skating.