Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Winners in Men's, Lady's, and Dance at this competition were the real World Champions

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar

Winners in Men's, Lady's, and Dance at this competition were the real World Champions

Just saying.

Discuss. Etc.

Custom Title
    Men's: Yep

Ladies: Can go either way

Dance: My bias overwhelms me.

On the Ice
    Ladies and Dance can go either way, but Men, ----Definitely yes!

Custom Title
    Ladies, and Dance could go either way.

Takahashi couldn't have enough points to give him over all win. He could win LP though. Patrick is the real two time world champion. Live with it!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 04-22-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Just saying.
    Seconded.

Banned
    Not in Dance Virtue and Moir are the superior couple i don`t see why all of sudden everyone is in love with D&W its like people have never seen a waltz in their life anyway V&M will have a dynamite program next year and defend their title at home.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    What a thread

For Men: yes
    For Ladies: no... I love Suzuki more than Kostner, but the gold belonged to Kostner at worlds. Suzuki deserved the silver though.

Have to admit, I loved these last days.

On another note, if little Hanyu would have been there, he might have won over Patrick too (at least the FS - his WC score is higher than Chans here). Now that would have been... a reason to fall of my chair.

Custom Title
    For men: I wouldn't say Dai is superior to Chan, but he certainly looks more interesting and musical.
    For ladies: Again Akiko's program is more enjoyable for me but overall Caro has more polish at this stage. But I feel Akiko still has some margin for growth, whereas I think Caro probably won't go anywhere from here.
    Dance: Believe me, I am neither American nor Canadian and I hardly watch dance. But I watched the two couples' worlds' and WTT and at worlds' I already decided the Americans (I don't even know their names!!) are much better. I know Tarasova agrees.

Custom Title
    ladies, no Carolina is the WC. She is more polished and did a better job at Worlds. Her FS was a thing of beauty, pure magic. She hold up quite well in the SP done much better than in Nice, but Caro had so many appearances since, so she hardly had time for practice and it showed in the FS. Here Akiko did better, the places were right. At Worlds Akiko should have been in 2nd place

Define real.

Is it just me or has this topic already been discussed in these pages?

For me, I have no quarrel with any of the six placements in question.

Custom Title
    I have no problem with Japan winning this competition

ETA: In all seriousness, I don't have a problem with the results in general - but I do have a problem with the timing of the event. I just hope that Daisuke's knees hold up until Sochi....
    Last edited by heyhey; 04-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Custom Title
    Just another thread to bash Patrick Chan and V&M.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bellafurr View Post
    Just another thread to bash Patrick Chan and V&M.
    Or to grab attention as many Hollywood wannabes do, once in a while, fear of not being talked about - a fate worse than death.

Custom Title
    Suzuki was worthy of being world champ? That's the biggest joke ever! It was rightly between Leonova and Kostner. Kostner said "no more lutz" "maybe two flips" and used her PCS and spin and step skills. Her jumps were just fill in jumps. The kind of jumps used in shows because they are easy. But they get points and she used the points and the PCS made her win. It was close because Leonova had real jumps and she was more successful in real jumps. Suzuki also had real jumps but sloppy. Then you had Wagner who had SP problems. Wagner was good too in the free skate. But no way Suzuki would have made the real world champ. No way. Leonova before Suzuki.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    Not in Dance Virtue and Moir are the superior couple i don`t see why all of sudden everyone is in love with D&W its like people have never seen a waltz in their life anyway V&M will have a dynamite program next year and defend their title at home.
    You keep saying that, SCOTT. Do you think if you keep saying the same thing over and over again it will be true, and how you skate won't become part of the equation?

D/W are real, tough competition and if you expect to stay ahead of them you have to give 100% effort and hope D/W can manage only 99%. You gave 90% at the WTT, and you didn't win. Get over it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast