Winners in Men's, Lady's, and Dance at this competition were the real World Champions | Golden Skate

Winners in Men's, Lady's, and Dance at this competition were the real World Champions

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Winners in Men's, Lady's, and Dance at this competition were the real World Champions

Just saying.

Discuss. Etc.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Ladies, and Dance could go either way.

Takahashi couldn't have enough points to give him over all win. He could win LP though. Patrick is the real two time world champion. Live with it!;)

Last edited:

romanoff81

Match Penalty
Not in Dance Virtue and Moir are the superior couple i don`t see why all of sudden everyone is in love with D&W its like people have never seen a waltz in their life anyway V&M will have a dynamite program next year and defend their title at home.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
What a thread :biggrin:

For Men: yes
For Ladies: no... I love Suzuki more than Kostner, but the gold belonged to Kostner at worlds. Suzuki deserved the silver though.

Have to admit, I loved these last days.

On another note, if little Hanyu would have been there, he might have won over Patrick too (at least the FS - his WC score is higher than Chans here). Now that would have been... a reason to fall of my chair.

StellaCampo

On the Ice
For men: I wouldn't say Dai is superior to Chan, but he certainly looks more interesting and musical.
For ladies: Again Akiko's program is more enjoyable for me but overall Caro has more polish at this stage. But I feel Akiko still has some margin for growth, whereas I think Caro probably won't go anywhere from here.
Dance: Believe me, I am neither American nor Canadian and I hardly watch dance. But I watched the two couples' worlds' and WTT and at worlds' I already decided the Americans (I don't even know their names!!) are much better. I know Tarasova agrees.

npavel

On the Ice
ladies, no Carolina is the WC. She is more polished and did a better job at Worlds. Her FS was a thing of beauty, pure magic. She hold up quite well in the SP done much better than in Nice, but Caro had so many appearances since, so she hardly had time for practice and it showed in the FS. Here Akiko did better, the places were right. At Worlds Akiko should have been in 2nd place

Define real. ;)

Is it just me or has this topic already been discussed in these pages? :laugh:

For me, I have no quarrel with any of the six placements in question.

heyhey

On the Ice
I have no problem with Japan winning this competition:biggrin:

ETA: In all seriousness, I don't have a problem with the results in general - but I do have a problem with the timing of the event. I just hope that Daisuke's knees hold up until Sochi....

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Suzuki was worthy of being world champ? That's the biggest joke ever! It was rightly between Leonova and Kostner. Kostner said "no more lutz" "maybe two flips" and used her PCS and spin and step skills. Her jumps were just fill in jumps. The kind of jumps used in shows because they are easy. But they get points and she used the points and the PCS made her win. It was close because Leonova had real jumps and she was more successful in real jumps. Suzuki also had real jumps but sloppy. Then you had Wagner who had SP problems. Wagner was good too in the free skate. But no way Suzuki would have made the real world champ. No way. Leonova before Suzuki.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not in Dance Virtue and Moir are the superior couple i don`t see why all of sudden everyone is in love with D&W its like people have never seen a waltz in their life anyway V&M will have a dynamite program next year and defend their title at home.

You keep saying that, SCOTT. Do you think if you keep saying the same thing over and over again it will be true, and how you skate won't become part of the equation?

D/W are real, tough competition and if you expect to stay ahead of them you have to give 100% effort and hope D/W can manage only 99%. You gave 90% at the WTT, and you didn't win. Get over it!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Suzuki was worthy of being world champ? That's the biggest joke ever! It was rightly between Leonova and Kostner. Kostner said "no more lutz" "maybe two flips" and used her PCS and spin and step skills. Her jumps were just fill in jumps. The kind of jumps used in shows because they are easy. But they get points and she used the points and the PCS made her win. It was close because Leonova had real jumps and she was more successful in real jumps. Suzuki also had real jumps but sloppy. Then you had Wagner who had SP problems. Wagner was good too in the free skate. But no way Suzuki would have made the real world champ. No way. Leonova before Suzuki.

Leonove had nothing but jumps in her LP and it was a awful program. The choreography is terrible.