Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Winners in Men's, Lady's, and Dance at this competition were the real World Champions

Medalist
    Men: Either way

Ladies & Dance: Carolina and V/M deserved it.
    Last edited by icefan1005; 04-26-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Custom Title
    Ladies: Either way. Men and Dance: Yes to boyh

I don't really have a problem with the results at Worlds. Certainly I would give Chan lower scores in interpretation and in choreography and I would give more to Takahashi in those segments. Nevertheless, I believe Chan would still be the winner.
    In dance, it's just so difficult to pick between Davis & White and Virtue & Moir!

Custom Title
    No, no & no.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Just saying.

Discuss. Etc.
    No. Each competition is a snapshot in time, and whoever wins that night is the rightful winner that night. The real world champions won in Nice. The world team champions won in Tokyo.

Every skater, whether they are world champions or skating in their first ISI recreational competition start anew with each competition. If you win, you hold that title forever.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    No. Each competition is a snapshot in time, and whoever wins that night is the rightful winner that night. The real world champions won in Nice. The world team champions won in Tokyo.

Every skater, whether they are world champions or skating in their first ISI recreational competition start anew with each competition. If you win, you hold that title forever.
    No over-hyping one's favorite skaters and/or no over-protecting their skaters' comments/behaviors, no bashing on one's favarite skater's rivals and/or no over-reacting to rival skaters' comments/behaviors.

bluedog, 'the best post of the day' for me!

But, the problem shall be...if everyone is as civilized as you are and thinks this way, this forum gets so peaceful that some of the members here have nothing to complain about, no naysayers to snap at and may get bored.
    Now the season is finally over, we may get in a big trouble like 'how are we gonna kill the time during the offseason?'

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    no. Each competition is a snapshot in time, and whoever wins that night is the rightful winner that night.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

All caps.

Custom Title
    Men's: Yes

Ladies: I'd love to see akiko winning, but no, Caro won fair and square.

Custom Title
    ^^ Although her pcs should be much closer to Carolina's (with the exception of skating skills, I guess). I have no idea why those judges never seem to really love Akiko's choreography and interpretation. I think she's brilliant.

Medalist

I agree. We should all just look forward to the next season after this exciting and long season.

Custom Title
    Men's and dance? Absolutely. Good judging would have had 1st and 2nd reversed at worlds for both those events.

The women's result is less clear.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

All caps.
    Well, Tim, you asked for my opinion. Don't poke fun of other people's opinions if you're gonna ask for theirs.
    Last edited by blue dog; 04-24-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    ^^ Although her pcs should be much closer to Carolina's (with the exception of skating skills, I guess). I have no idea why those judges never seem to really love Akiko's choreography and interpretation. I think she's brilliant.
    Reason #1: PCS is mostly about reputations. It was Suzuki's only second trip to Worlds.
    Reason #2: She has little to no support from JSF. Look at Asada's PCS in FS, which was higher than Suzuki's.

Custom Title
    Your second point is something I don't understand. How does the support of the Japanese Federation affect the judges' marks? (I'm not arguing, I'm asking.) If Akiko does a great job (which she clearly did this year), wouldn't the judges give her higher marks than other skaters? Even Mao, who has just not had a good year? (And I speak as a Mao fan.)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Your second point is something I don't understand. How does the support of the Japanese Federation affect the judges' marks? (I'm not arguing, I'm asking.) If Akiko does a great job (which she clearly did this year), wouldn't the judges give her higher marks than other skaters? Even Mao, who has just not had a good year? (And I speak as a Mao fan.)
    Now I don't understand your question. Lobbying is part of the game we call figure skating.
    Last edited by mikeko666; 05-08-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast