Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Songs I Like

A friend introduced me to Jethro Tull music back in the 1970's. I loved the CD "Benefit" and the song "Teacher." My favorite Tull song is "The Witch's Promise" (that flute solo, and it has kind of a "folkie" feel to it. Also "Livin' in the Past," "Life's a Long Song," "Skating Away (on the thin ice of a new day), and the whole "Thick as a Brick" CD. One of our nieces suggested "Bungle in the Jungle" at the time of our wedding. Now, I really like that song, but I don't think it's quite appropriate for a wedding (she was about 6 years old @ the time ).

I have "Songs From the Wood" in album form, nice to hear "Cup of Wonder" again!
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 05-16-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    A friend introduced me to Jethro Tull music back in the 1970's. I loved the CD "Benefit" and the song "Teacher." My favorite Tull song is "The Witch's Promise" (that flute solo, and it has kind of a "folkie" feel to it. Also "Livin' in the Past," "Life's a Long Song," "Skating Away (on the thin ice of a new day), and the whole "Thick as a Brick" CD. One of our nieces suggested "Bungle in the Jungle" at the time of our wedding. Now, I really like that song, but I don't think it's quite appropriate for a wedding (she was about 6 years old @ the time ).

I have "Songs From the Wood" in album form, nice to hear "Cup of Wonder" again!
    I never heard "The Witch's Promise" before. It is indeed very nice. My heart beat faster the day I discovered Songs from the Wood had been made into a CD. Now I can hear the songs whenever I want. Though a lot of them are of course on YouTube, luckily for us.

On a totally different note (pun intended), here is something a pianist friend of mine found: a recording of nineteenth-century child prodigy pianist Ilona Eibenchutz, who studied with Clara Schumann and knew Brahms. In the 1950s, she reminisced about Brahms and Schumann and played some Brahms. This goes out to skatinginbc and all other pianists and Brahms fans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLGIRHCPqN4

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6