Best and Worst Outfits of the past season | Golden Skate

Best and Worst Outfits of the past season

Rachael's Firebird costume--no contest. Love the colors, the black outlines of feathers like stained glass leading, the tailoring.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Best
Meryl's DF dress.
Tessa's FF dress.
Carolina's SP dress
Rachael's LP dress

Worst
Madison Hubbell's SD dress
Sotnikova's SP dress with the red stockings
Bobrova's thankfully departed orange and black SD dress that she used during the GP
Gracie Gold's Ex dress

slipslidin

On the Ice
I would add:

Best
both Kaitlyn Weaver's dresses
Meryl's bronze SD dress
Ashley's black swan (for not going too far)
Madison Hubbells SD dress at Worlds

Worst
Am I mean to mention Alex Shibutani's FD outfit? One cliche piled on another higgledy-piggledy.

There is one costume that sticks in my mind as bad. It's that green almost-dress of Liza Tukt.

I agree that Meryl's magenta free dance dress is stunning, helped along by her auburn hair. Everything about that Fledermaus program is wonderful, from the music to the choreography to the perfect costumes.

Brenda

On the Ice
Elena Ilinykh's SD dresses went from beautiful (black netting) to generic (aqua) to terrible (black handkerchief) over the course of the season.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The best men´s costumes were the ones Jef Billings created for Kozuka for this season, in my opinion. Kanako Murakami had a very beautiful freeskate costume.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Akiko Suzuki for the win. Ashley Wagner also had great costumes this season.

Euro ladies: I liked Kiira Korpi's LP dress - unique and beautiful - and Elene G looked great in her LP dress, too. Carolina Kostner's costumes were different and striking but not my cup of tea. Further down the ranks, I thought Yretha Silete's had a very interesting LP costume.

In other disciplines, Dai and Yuzuru looked good, and what Savchenko/Szolkowy wore for the Pina program was simple but very nice (the color was gorgeous).

Cappellini and Lanotte's La Strada costumes were super-cute.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Best:

Liza Tuk's old LP red dress
Julia's LP blue dress
Ashley's LP Black swan dress
Carolina's unitards and SP dress
Akiko's LP dress

Worst:

Sotnikova's SP red dress
Gold's horrible polka dots EX dress
Czisny's transparent dress
Bobrova's witch costumes

jiggs

On the Ice
BEST:

Loved Cappellini and Lanotte's FD costumes! I usually don't like tights/half tights over boots but it looked great here and they looked so cute: http://www.daylife.com/photo/07mGcBN8gx98n

Loved Savchenko/Szolkovy's FP costumes. I never really liked their costumes, thought they were over the top sometimes, but this year's FP costumes were simple and fit the theme of the program perfectly. They let the skating speak for itself, and I liked that: http://news.daylife.com/photo/08qT3be6MadQ6?__site=daylife&q=savchenko

Loved Carolina's unitard. At first I was like OMG what is she wearing but I got used to it and now I think it looks amazing on her. It also fit the program so well, it was like classical music meets contemporary dance. Only she can pull it off and she set herself apart with her package (programs + costumes) this year. While I didn't really like the SP dress, the unitard was wow. Especially liked the back: http://news.daylife.com/photo/00K02LFag35NI?__site=daylife&q=carolina+kostner

I also liked Carolina's exhibition dress: http://news.daylife.com/photo/0aEF4ZL2ok12F?__site=daylife&q=carolina+kostner

Both Virtue/Moir and Davis/White FD costumes, they had the whole package!

Mao's Jupiter dress. Just gorgeous, and the program is :love: http://news.daylife.com/photo/0dtz0O2eKhg9t?__site=daylife&q=mao+asada

WORST:

Alissa's FP dress, it looked as if she was wearing lingerie.
Alena's FP dress, because I hate those kind of dresses in general.
Bobrova/Soloviev :unsure:
Both of Mao's SP dresses ... I dunno, I think she could have done a lot better!

Kinga

Medalist
Best:
Akiko's dark blue LP,
Kanako's LP (especially the previous, lighter blue version)
Polina's LP dress from Europeans
Ashley's LP&SP dress
Meryl's FD
Anna Cappelini SD dress.
Carolina's silver LP costume itself, however Im not entirely sure whether it matched the music. I would prefer she used it for more modern music.
Jeremy's LP costume. Simple and matched the music well.
Tessa's SD dress, although it obscured her hip movements. But the dress itself was nice.
Kavaguti Smirnov LP costumes

Worst:
Contesti LP neon green-red outfit
Bobrova/Soloviev outfits
Ziganshina /Gazsi SD costumes. It almost looked like they lost they laguage and had to figure out the costumes in H&M.
Mae Berenice Meite costumes
Sotnikova WTT Lp dress..
Makarova's pink LP dress

Adeliza

Rinkside
I think Yuzuru's both dresses were great, very stylish. Some have said the blue SP dress was horrible, but the first time I saw him wearing it in CoC I thought "what an elegant skater and what an elegant dress!". I didn't like Carolina's silver LP dress that much., although it's nice that ladies sometimes wear trousers, too.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Best:

Meryl's FD hands down, the best dress of the season for me! In fact I love all her dresses, I've never seen her in a bad one
Tessa's FD dress(really loved the color)
Elena Ilinykh's SD dress(the blue one, she wore it I think at nationals)
Anna Capellini's SD dress(goergeous!)
Ashley's both SP and LP
Savchenko/Szolkowy Pina costumes
Akiko's LP(all of them)
Ksenia's SP dress
Mao's EX costume

Worst
Huang Xintong / Zheng Xun's SD costumes.
Ekaterina Bobrova's first SD dress
Adelina Sotnikova's SP costume(the blue one she wore at Cop of China) and the LP dress
Liza T's LP green dress

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
IMO Amodio wins worst outfit for men with the sweatpants with green string at the wait, a tiger stripe top, and green vest for the LP that he wore on the GP. Thank goodness he replaced it for Worlds and WTT!

macy

Record Breaker
rachael's firebird! loved loved loved it, it was so different!
alissa's la vie en rose. the back was STUNNING
both of gracie's dresses. my favorites.
ashley's black swan
meryl's die fleidermaus. i tend to love all her dresses actually.

for ones i didn't like:

caro's unitard
adelina's red short program dress/tights
julia's short. ewwww
i actually didn't like adelina's lp dress either.
ksenia's marilyn monroe
alissa's lp dress. horrible.

AxelBracketChoctaw

Spectator
As we reply to the costumes thread...can anyone edit in who the designers/dressmakers were?
Some of my favorites this season utilized jewel tone colors and a more simple unified theme directly associated to the music selection.

Honestly, has Meryl EVER had a bad costume, LOL?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I can't remember a really bad one.

And she has used the same designer since she was in novices.