The Haydenettes are starting a collegiate team! | Golden Skate

The Haydenettes are starting a collegiate team!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150770103323048&id=43154213047

Hayden Synchronized Skating Teams is interested in starting a collegiate team for the 2012-2013 season. We are looking for skaters who are in college, interested in joining the team and competing at this level. We are planning to hold an informational meeting and brief tryout session on Memorial Day Weekend if there are enough interested skaters. Please contact me directly and let me know if you are available this date or if you have additional questions. My email address is: [email protected].

The Haydenettes are the current US Senior Synchro Champions and recently repeated as World Bronze Medallists.

There are lots of colleges and lots of skaters in their area, so I'm hoping that some GSers who skate may give this a try.

The Haydenettes operate out of a rink in Lexington, Massachusetts.

On April 1st (yes April Fool's Day...) there were recognized by the Massachusetts State Legislature:

http://www.getitcalled.com/haydenettes-recognized-by-massachusetts-legislature/

Lexington, MA, March 31, 2011 – The Haydenettes, U.S. Figure Skating’s 2011 U.S. Synchronized Championship Gold Medalists, were recently invited to appear before the Massachusetts State House where the legislators recognized the team’s continuing achievements. Team members were the guests of Representative Jay Kaufman of Lexington as well as nine additional legislators from communities where the skaters reside. The team enjoyed a visit with members of the House and Senate before the formal recognition during a session of the House of Representatives on March 30, 2011.

Saga Krantz, head coach of the Haydenettes, accepted the House citation on behalf of the Haydenettes, which acknowledged the team’s 19th U.S title and extended best wishes for the upcoming ISU World Synchronized Championship. The Citation was signed by Speaker of the House Robert DeLeo and Legislators Jay Kaufman, Anne Gobi, Kevin Honan, John Fernandes, David Vieira, Timothy Madden, Donald Wong, Sean Garballey, Daniel Winslow, Thomas Stanley, Bradley Jones, Jr., and Joseph Wagner.