Todd Eldredge has hip replacement surgery -- Updated with baby news! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Todd Eldredge has hip replacement surgery -- Updated with baby news!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Sad. These athletes are far too young to have these surgeries. I'm a bit surprised by Todd needing it simply because he had such marvelous technique on his jumps. Apparently good form doesn't mean you don't beat up your body doing triple jumps over several years. Get well soon!

verte76

On the Ice
Sad. These athletes are far too young to have these surgeries. I'm a bit surprised by Todd needing it simply because he had such marvelous technique on his jumps. Apparently good form doesn't mean you don't beat up your body doing triple jumps over several years. Get well soon!

Yeah, I agree. He did have great technique on his jumps!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Don't forget that Todd suffered a back injury around 1993 & it took him until 1995 or so to regain his jumping form. My guess is that those years didn't help his hip(s).

verte76

On the Ice
Todd Eldredge has hip replacement surgery

Todd was a great sport but he had alot of injuries and missed making the Olympic team in 1994.:unsure::unsure:

jcoates

Medalist
I wouldn't say Todd had great technique. More like great reflexes. He could land jumps from very awkward air positions. That can add extra strain on the downside.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are so young to have the hip replacements done. The hip replacements only last about 20 years so they will probably have to have them again. The pain is so intense that the replacement is a blessing.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Todd was a great sport but he had a lot of injuries and missed making the Olympic team in 1994.:unsure::unsure:

At the 1994 US Nationals (most infamously known for "the whack heard around the world"), Todd had his own case of bad luck & bad timing. He came down with the flu and a high fever during that week. He still competed, but in a weakened form, finished 4th. I think that had he not had the flu & the high fever, that he would have placed higher & possibly made the US Olympic that year (there were only 2 spots that year, and Brian B. had reinstated). Thankfully, Todd's season turned around for the better @ a spring pro-am that year, where I believe he finished 2nd to Paul Wylie. He may have considered that competition "his" worlds for that season. Then he won the silver medal @ that year's Goodwill Games. The 1994-1995 season was terrific for him - he won back his US title, competed @ Worlds and won the silver medal, and over all had a great eligible career, followed by the world title in 1996! (Yes, I'll cry a little for the fact that he & Kurt don't have Olympic medals), but both have achieved so much more and have had longevity in the sport, thank goodness!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I just read a tweet from Todd on IN "Ultrasound said he is 5lb 10/oz w/3 weeks to go. Can't wait to be a Dad! So excited!!!!"

There are other tweets from Todd about his surgery, you can go to IN to read them, but I thought that this tweet was News.

Aww Todd is going to have a son that is great news.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay! Can't wait to refer to him as "Papa Todd!" :) :love:

If you go to www.toddeldredge.net, you can see pictures of Todd in his hospital gown (and red socks, LOL), using a walker. His latest tweet shows him "graduating" to a cane, and it looks like the pic was taken at his home in Florida.

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Now that is a brand new baby! Look like Yoda, lol, but he'll fill out. Congrats to Todd.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Todd, Sabrina, Ryder, and their families! Welcome to the world, Ayrton! :love:

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Who is Ryder? Is that Sabrina's son from an earlier marriage/relationship?
Anyway, congratulations Todd and family!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who is Ryder? Is that Sabrina's son from an earlier marriage/relationship?
Anyway, congratulations Todd and family!

Ryder is Sabrina's son. He's 7 years old now (according to a fluff piece from the "Rain" (Beatles) Tribute a few months ago.

If you go to http://www.toddeldredge.net, look @ the right side of the home page, and scroll down to a few tweets. There's an adorable picture that his fiancee Sabrina took of Todd and Ayrton napping, ("sneakin' around" - his words :laugh:) :love:

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
Now that is a brand new baby! Look like Yoda, lol, but he'll fill out. Congrats to Todd.
Lol I had to click on the link to find out what you meant. I totally get it now! Poor baby, I'm sure more flattering pictures will be taken of him real soon :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ That's why you should take a look @ the most recent pictures of him! The one I referred to was taken/posted yesterday!