Here's why she wasn't considered for the JGP:No one mention it, but this skater Marianne Rioux-Ouellet deserve attention. She is a very consistent jumper in Junior level. I was wondering why she wasn't selected for Junior Grand Prix instead of Seguin.
1. Marianne's summer competitions
- Minto Summer Skate long program only 63.24 points.
- Quebec Summer competition short program 37.53, long 57.18, total 94.71.
- She was fourth in novice last season.
2. Julianne's summer competitions:
- Minto Summer Skate short program 52.15, long program 82.49 (landed a triple flip) total 134.62
- Quebec Summer Skate short program 45.47, long program 73.75; total 119.22
- She was junior bronze medallist last season.
It was a very clearcut decision in Julianne's favour, IMO for JGP assignments.
Nevertheless, there's no doubt that Marianne is talented and could become a factor in Canadian ladies in the next season or two. Do you have a link to the results from the Lombarda trophy? I understand there were other Quebec skaters there also.
ETA: The link is here: http://www.sestoiceskatenews.it/1/re...2_2764526.html