Ando could be back on the ice next season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ando could be back on the ice next season

babayaga

On the Ice
I hope Miki comes back too, I miss her. Were there any news about who her coach will be if she returns?

sweetskates1

Medalist
I have never enjoyed her skating much but I am looking forward to her return. I admire her strong jumps and her maturity.

deedee1

Record Breaker
We all know Miki can jump.
We all knnow Miki can collect huge points and win competitions, with backloaded jump layouts, not-so-pretty-position featured spins, and takes-forever-like step sequence.
That's why she is two-time World Champion.:yes:

However, it has been so difficult for us, or at least for me, to conclude whether Miki with typical Morozov-ish competitive programs, is artistic or not, just yet.
Did not he confess he could do choreo for Miki's competitive programs just one day? How many of skaters with competitive programs done by Morozov do we think can be 'artistic', anyway? :p

I enjoyed Miki's skating and her programs during 2005-06 season (except her new LP at Torino of course...:disapp:), though she kind of appeared off, both mentally and physically, all season...Her SP to 'Merry Christmas, Mr. Laurence' by David Wilson still remains my #1 fovarite program of Miki.

If de-Morozoved Miki is coming back, I am all for it! :agree:
I look forward to seeing how matured Miki of today can go further artistically with the right competitive programs for her.
If she can stay calm and steady mentally, I have a hunch she can be a 2014 version of Shizuka, stealing OGM and surprise everyone. ;)

periperi

On the Ice
'Merry Christmas, Mr. Laurence' is also my favorite program from Ando. I love the start to that SP.

I'm not against her coming back. I enjoy Miki's skating, I just haven't been able to get into her programs for years now. Also wish she would skate with more speed....and she's proven in the past that she can. I don't know what happened. :frown:

treeloving

Medalist
I watched Miki live one and despite her program or her spin positionsz, she has one of the best presense on ice I have ever seen. She skated big like she own the ice and her jump is impressive. No wonder why she has a good result when she skate clean.