Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Deedee1's Review of Men's LP

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    (To your eyes, only, MM...to tell the truth, I see "Auto-Saved" button in yellow appearing and then disappearing at the right bottom of 'Reply' area all the time. It disappears in a second or two before I come to realize how to use that function...so I just let it disappear. I was too lazy and too embarrassed to ask how to use it.) So, thanks again, I will try it later!
    When you see that yellow autosave button, you don't have to do anything. That is just informing you that your post has been saved up to that point.

If you lose your post, just navigate back to the page and click again on "reply" as usual. This time an autosave button will appear at the lower left of the text box and stay on for a long time. Click on it and your saved post will appear in the text box.

You can test it out in the "Testing" folder if you like.

Custom Title
    Deedee, I don't have time to read all of your posts here at work, but I didn't want to wait before thanking you for your detailed and enthusiastic reports. This is truly a service to skate fans around the world. In terms of time as well as of cost, most of us couldn't possibly get to even one day of the championship, let alone all of them. You brought us there with your words and the links you found for us to view.

I think WTT is wonderful on its own merits, without thinking of it in connection to the upcoming Olympic event. As you say, it's an ideal arena for new young skaters to learn from the experienced champions in a less pressured environment. It's almost like sleepaway camp for skaters! All that's missing is the campfire and the toasted marshmallows. I can't wait to settle in and read your concluding thoughts on the subject in more detail.

And I completely agree with you about the two Best Costumes--

Meryl...that deep magenta color is magical, especially with her auburn hair. I love the fact that she didn't go for something frilly and fussy in the nineteenth-century style that the music might have suggested. This sleek garment was much more evocative of the mood of the music, I think, because it conveys swiftness, jubilance, and glowing light.

And Carolina carries off that catsuit style better than anyone else could, plus the silvery-shadowy colors are breathtaking. The only other costume that could have competed with them, Rachael's Firebird dress, was absent.
    Last edited by Olympia; 05-10-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Seriously, there comes the time they need to work out how to promote this sport sooner or later.
    They are working on it. They are proposing to add vocals in the single's skating after 2014. See if Justin Bieber could bring new and young fans to figure skating. Seriously, the way I see it, the only way to make figure skating more popular, in the long run, is to abandon traditional sense of skating. Go modern. Just like Church worship method goes modern.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    When you see that yellow autosave button, you don't have to do anything. That is just informing you that your post has been saved up to that point.

If you lose your post, just navigate back to the page and click again on "reply" as usual. This time an autosave button will appear at the lower left of the text box and stay on for a long time. Click on it and your saved post will appear in the text box.

You can test it out in the "Testing" folder if you like.
    Thanks a million again for explaining into details, Mathaman!
    Now I fully understand it.

When I was in and out of this forum while at work, I did not click 'remember me' every time I logged it, I guess. That probably was the reason to have lost my posts...Actually I was in a hurry and did again last night for my closing post on this topic, even though I knew I had to click it by that time. Been such a restless and carelss girl all my life!

Custom Title
    <8>

14) Carolina and Patrick

It's been difficult for every skater to skate at the real comp right after the worlds. And I imagine it's been especially hard for Carolina and Patrick after achieving a big goal; for finally winning the title for Caro, and for defending his title and with coaching change issue for Pat.

As I mentioned earlier, this WTT was the first time for me to see Patrick and Carolina at the live comp. I was so so looking forward to seeing these champions, and they did not disappoint me at all.

One one but Carolina could do justice to that Shostakovich piece, and to those two costumes!

Kudos to Patrick for going for 2 quads in the Free, in spite of hard falls during 6 min. warm-up!

Even though their actual performances this time were not as crisp and clean as at other comps, the audience loved Carolina, Patrick, and of course the other champion Tessa and Scott, enjoyed their performances, and thanked for such a rare and precious opportunity to able to see performances by the reigning champions.

15) Message to younger skaters:

Thank you so much for coming all the way to Tokyo to compete at the second World Team Trophy for us!

For some of you it was the first time to visit Japan, or any Asian country, so you probably surprised how things are SO different from your norm in many ways. It must have been also difficult and too nerve-wrecking for you to have to compete against world's top skaters, and to perform in front of huge crowd, especially such 'noisy' crowd like us. The results or performances might not have turned out as you hoped for, but please do not get disappointed too much. I can assure you all the audience loved every one of you because we knew you tried to do your best.

One thing I want you to know is that WE; by saying 'WE', I mean the audience, your fellow skaters and skaters of opposing countries, cheered and clapped for you all the way through.
    WE yayed for successful elements. WE encouraged to continue by clapping for failed elements. Why, WE all knew even champion skaters of today have been through the same path, more or less, as yours at certain point of their career before finally climbing up to the top. All these elder skaters, both fellow and opponent, looked at every one of you with much adoration and tenderness, remembering their own days with ups and downs. I sincerely hope TV cameras reflected these scenes for you.

The other thing I want you to know is that it's been a great pleasure for my husband and me to get to know each of you as a promising skater of the participating countries, and to able to see your performances at this competition for the first time.
    We enjoyed all your performances because none of you gave up performing until the last note of the music, in spite of a couple of mistakes!

You may not know, but at this competition a lot of skaters surprised us in a good way.
    Florent, Alena, Caydee, Narumi and Mervin, all improved so much since the last WTT in 2009.
    We look forward to being surprised by you next time, in the same way as these skaters did this time.

We will always remember you and your performances from this comp. You are so young and promising. A bright future awaits each of you. We look forward to many other opportunities to see you again on TV, thru online streaming or at live comps.

So please keep improving, and most importantly, please stay healthy.

16) To all the participants and those who got involved and helped to organize WTT:

Thank you so much for the wonderful 4-day feast of figure skating.
    I tremendously enjoyed every minute of it, thanks to all of you!

I hope you also enjoyed your stay here and you went back home safely with, at least, one good memory.

-----------------------------
    (end)

That's it, everyone!
    Let me count how many days since WTT ended..................almost 3 weeks??? oh, deedee, you are so lazy...as usual! Thanks for reading!

Custom Title
    And SPECIAL THANKS from deedee to dorispulaski for creating the thread for this review!

Custom Title
    And SPECIAL THANKS to Deedee for the epic review serial. I am looking forward to future volumes. It is the next best thing to being in the audience.

I only wish I could be half as "lazy" as Deedee.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3