All Things Ice Dance: American | Page 4 | Golden Skate

All Things Ice Dance: American

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just noticed that Team USA ice dance coverage based on Champs Camp interviews will be coming from Lynn Rutherford for IN:

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford
@DeBausch There are 2 Champs Camp articles on the men on @icenetwork so check them out. Ice dance to follow, did some additional interviews
4:44 PM - 30 Aug 12​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Madison Hubbell ‏@MadiHubbell
Looking for new show program music/theme...anyone have an idea?
11:03 AM - 3 Sep 12 ·​

Finlandia is barely a month away ...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wishing all the best to Emily Samuelson ‏@EmilySamuelson as she completes her undergrad studies at UM and chooses a grad school. :thumbsup:

Apparently she is specializing in International Relations. :cool:

Heading to DC this weekend to check out Georgetown & Johns Hopkins SAIS as potential grad school... any recommendations of things to do/see?
8:10 PM - 3 Oct 12​

Potential grad schools* Yes, that's right. I'm going to be a UM grad. =P Also, I'd be happy to hear suggestions of where to eat!
8:38 PM - 3 Oct 12​

I'm always happy to hear about a skater going for more education. Good for her! Georgetown and Hopkins are two of the best universities in the country.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I feel like Babs must have lots of patience to deal with Maurizio... Although it remains to be seen who is the better teacher.

if we use the examples of Bin Yao and Oleg Vassiliev, where one is clearly the lesser skater, then I'd say Maurizio will be better than Babs. But I have a feeling that although Babs was a diva on the ice, she's probably very nurturing and motherly off the ice.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Davis/White media call re Skate America

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating has started tweeting comments from Davis/White's media call today re Skate America. (But so far, no breaking news about their programs.)

@Meryl_Davis "Charlie and I feel fantastic going into Skate America. We have two programs that we feel great about"
11:03 AM - 4 Oct 12​

@CharlieaWhite "I think Skate America is going to be a good early test...We want to announce to the world that we are ready."
11:12 AM - 4 Oct 12 ·​

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:)I like H/D's FD very much, it should polish up really nicely for them. From purely a dance perspective, The arm movements are authentic ( Madison has lovely fluid wrist movements ) They just need a bit more strength and tension in the arms in some places. I noticed quite a few typically rumba flamenca accents. If they can get the timing just right ,especially in that last accent-y section..it will be exciting. Love their strength lift... and the lift with her riding on his boot with forward extension is still the best this year , though you see versions of it cropping up all over the place. I'm looking forward to seeing this at Skate Canada after another few weeks of honing.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Zachary Donohue ‏@Z_Donohue
Finally back in the US!!! Yes!!!! Day of rest then back to the grind. Time to squeeze out at least 6 more points out of SD & FD
11:00 AM - 8 Oct 12​

herios

Medalist
Zachary Donohue ‏@Z_Donohue
Finally back in the US!!! Yes!!!! Day of rest then back to the grind. Time to squeeze out at least 6 more points out of SD & FD
11:00 AM - 8 Oct 12​

Great. This is what I like about these two, they are full of energy and determination

heyhey

On the Ice
:)I like H/D's FD very much, it should polish up really nicely for them. From purely a dance perspective, The arm movements are authentic ( Madison has lovely fluid wrist movements ) They just need a bit more strength and tension in the arms in some places. I noticed quite a few typically rumba flamenca accents. If they can get the timing just right ,especially in that last accent-y section..it will be exciting. Love their strength lift... and the lift with her riding on his boot with forward extension is still the best this year , though you see versions of it cropping up all over the place. I'm looking forward to seeing this at Skate Canada after another few weeks of honing.

I agree Colleen - this is a solid program for H/D. Not terribly original but the flamenco theme has been respected.

wishonastar

On the Ice

heyhey

On the Ice
I think this program could be wonderful for H/D-suits them well. Same music as V/M's 2010 OD, but definitely not a copy of their program, that I can see...

V/M's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6mge7uZbLo

H/D's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojXE...MSK8DgUvgJH0-TZYcjIk0xL&feature=results_video

Wishonastar - this is a solid program for a second year team and if they get their levels in both the SD and FD - it shall make for an interesting nationals that for sure. No doubt the music choice is interesting and V/M nailed that OD during the Olympics and Worlds in 2010 - but I think it that H/D will grow from the process. Hmmm maybe a should try to make the trip to Boston this year, LOL...

wishonastar

On the Ice
Wishonastar - this is a solid program for a second year team and if they get their levels in both the SD and FD - it shall make for an interesting nationals that for sure. No doubt the music choice is interesting and V/M nailed that OD during the Olympics and Worlds in 2010 - but I think it that H/D will grow from the process. Hmmm maybe a should try to make the trip to Boston this year, LOL...

I think instead you should head to Omaha!! That's where 2013 Nationals are!!! But will meet up in 2014 in Boston if you'd like!! :)