Thread: Online viewing 2012/2013

Hybrid View

Tripping on the Podium

Online viewing 2012/2013

Does anyone know if the Russian CnopT network, which had last season's GP events will have them this coming season. From what I gather, Universal sports is going towards an authentication model which would require you to prove you are a cable or satellite subscriber, instead of simply charging a separate fee to view sports events like they do now,and they intend to debut the system during the Summer Olympics. IceNetwork's prices are too exorbitant.

I can get CnopT using a VPN, so it would be great if they had the GP events again. I use one VPN service now that is only $10 a month

most networks won't give out that info until late summer/early fall.

Tripping on the Podium
    And here is even more bad news. Universal Sports has become exclusive to Dish Network subscribers, so Universal will not be an option for watching the Grand Prix. I have heard stories of people having all kinds of problems with IceNetwork, and using a VPN to get Cnopt2 is frustrating, because the VPN gets overloaded and disconnects. It seems a lot of people are also using the VPN for P2P and BittTorrent file sharing, because of Russia's lax copyright laws, compared to those of Western countries. I about went nuts last season, when I had to use that VPN to watch SA and the VPN connection kept dying on me.

I have DirectTV & get Universal Sports.

my cable provider doesn't have it either. the russian feeds worked sometimes for me las year, but streaming is an issue...to get IN or not when it freezes too. Well, the top few get on youtube but that's not like seeing the competition. Wish ESPN would cover skating again, such a loss to the sport to be so marginalized in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I have DirectTV & get Universal Sports.
    yup but you have to buy a special sports package... so stupid as we already have the channels offered with it... but it's still 13 bucks a month to add it!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    IN does put up the event archived. If I'm having trouble with their streaming live, I watch on archived replay later.