Online viewing 2012/2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Online viewing 2012/2013

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
One the one service where I have to use a VPN to access, that also carries the Cnopt channels, according to their schedule, Skate America will be on Cnopt (formerly Cnopt2) at 6:00 AM Moscow time on Saturday. Depending on the time difference, and DST changes in Russia, it will be on at either 10PM or 11PM US Eastern Time on Friday. The schedule shows the pairs short at 6:00 AM Moscow time, and the mens short at 7:40 AM Moscow time. They don't have the next day's schedule up yet. TVTeka does not have a schedule announced yet, but this one other service (only accessible via VPN outside of Russia) does.

It also shows the Short dance scheduled for broadast 1:15 AM Moscow time Sunday (either 5:15 PM or 6:15PM US Eastern time). The schedules show nothing for the ladies short. Of course, the Russian sport channels all broadcast English Premier League soccer on Saturdays, so maybe the CnopT channels are chacking the SA ladies short program for that, like NTV did when they had the GP series.

Hopefuly someone, somewhere, will have a pbp thread on here for the ladies short on Saturday.

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
If you are using TvTeka, you may want to turn off your anti-virus software. I have found that problems with rebuffering on Tvteka are not as bad with my anti-virus turned off. WebTV also had this same problem with I used them to watch GP events.

For AVG and Ad-Aware antivirus, you can merly set the services in Windows to disabled, and then restart the machine. The procedure may be differnet with out antivirus software. To re-enable your anti-virus, just change the services back to Automatic, and then re-start the machine to re-enable your virus scans.

If you use WebTV to watch Russian nationals, AVG and Ad-Aware both do not like WebTv and refuse to let it run. You will have to disable either antivirus software using the procedure mentioned above so that WebTV will work.

swier

Spectator
Can anyone tell me step by step how to subscribe to TV Teka? Even with the Google translator I seem to be going in circles. I know.....not always the most tech savvy! But....I love to watch skating!

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
Lets just hope that Universal does not go the way that Music Choice has. Not only do you have to have a cable subscription that includes MC, you now have to also be a subscriber to your cable company's internet service as well. if and when Universal does come to Comcast, I hope the Universal does not require that people also be on Comcast's internet service as well. I like my DSL service becuase I don't have to worry about being a bandwidth hog. But that could be the next step, I fear, being that Music Choice requires that now to be able to stream their channels over the internet. Universal is sure to follow.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
JGPF on YouTube; GPF on ISU Skating Channel (altho' not in some major countries)

The ISU Junior Grand Prix Final will be available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP2011

The ISU Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating will be available on the ISU Skating Channel (due to television right restrictions, the event will not be available in Europe, Canada, USA, Japan, China and Korea): http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html

http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/...3,4844-205151-222374-nav-list,00.html?id=1211

FYI, the YouTube JGP URL above is not a typo. This one also reaches the same page: http://www.youtube.com/ISUJuniorGrandPrix

starryxskies

On the Ice
jeez, but where will it be available, India & Australia only?:scratch:

I know right? It's not like it's being aired live here and even with the delay, it's not even being aired in full. Heck, the SPs don't even get shown in Canada. Not very smart to have it unavailable to the only countries that ever give a foot about figure skating.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
^ Yes, it's so strange. In Denmark, Eurosport 2 will only show Men and Ladies FS live, and gala delay. They don't even plan to show the other segments later.

So illegal streams and videos on youtube are our only options, but that hardly seems to be a smart way to keep interest in figure skating floating. Couldn't ISU be allowed to not geo-block those segments to us, instead of letting Eurosport hog them?

starryxskies

On the Ice
I would think ISU practically owns the footage since they own the competition. How do national broadcast rights prevent them from showing it online? Don't the networks buy the rights to air them on tv from the ISU?

The more difficult it is to get access to the broadcast, the more put off people are to watch the sport. Out of sight, out of mind.

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
^ Yes, it's so strange. In Denmark, Eurosport 2 will only show Men and Ladies FS live, and gala delay. They don't even plan to show the other segments later.

So illegal streams and videos on youtube

Illegal for the sender, but not for the viewer. Unless you are in Japan or the Phllippines, it is not illegal to view the streams.