Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: Yu Na is she competing in the 2012-2013 Season?

  1. #31
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    There is no evidence of that. The GOE that would have been deducted because he hadn't done a 3 jump combo all season and it may have been crap would have likely cancelled out the value of that jump or it would have caused another mistake that was afflicting him all season in SP's or LPs. Plus he already did something no one else at the Olympics accomplished. Quad triple and 3A. No else did that! So the problem was doing a quad was not worth a double loop. A clear and obvious display of athletic superiority was outscored by horrible rules that were changed.
    I can see that you're still angry about men's result at Vancouver. It's been over two years, just let it go. Bygones are bygones. If you keep holding onto it, it is not gonna do any good for you. Moreover the next Oly is coming up soon and we shouls focus on that.

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,707
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I can see that you're still angry about men's result at Vancouver. It's been over two years, just let it go. Bygones are bygones. If you keep holding onto it, it is not gonna do any good for you. Moreover the next Oly is coming up soon and we shouls focus on that.
    It has been over two years but it is still a fact! How awful. And 2014 unfortunately can't undo 2010 but it looks like mens skating will be back toward progression and not go backwards. It was the topic starter and Skateluvr who brought up all the details of 2010 and why people are fine with Arakawa and some have problems with Lysacek. If Cohen or Slutskaya had skated with triple triples and didn't fall and Arakawa still won some would surely find that controversial! But her opponents literally fell and held back. Discussing 2010 and the current Olympic champion and the programs of that year winners/losers is fine to me!

  3. #33
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    It has been over two years but it is still a fact! How awful. And 2014 unfortunately can't undo 2010 but it looks like mens skating will be back toward progression and not go backwards. It was the topic starter and Skateluvr who brought up all the details of 2010 and why people are fine with Arakawa and some have problems with Lysacek. If Cohen or Slutskaya had skated with triple triples and didn't fall and Arakawa still won some would surely find that controversial! But her opponents literally fell and held back. Discussing 2010 and the current Olympic champion and the programs of that year winners/losers is fine to me!
    Okay. Your explanation makes it understandable bringing that up. And fyi I too share your points. I was just easing the fact that agitated manner only worsens those kinds of agony

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,570
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Johnny's odds are better because it appears he has a quad and his 3a is stronger than Evan's.
    Weir has a quad??? As far as I remember he never has jumped a successful, fully rotated quad in competition. And lots of people have had the opinion that the quads on the recent video clips were also twofooted or underrotated. Weir´s Olympic freeskate showed that he was not able to skate to a CoP programme with transitions in 2010. Surely otherwise he had skated to a programme to bring PCS...

    About Yu-Na, I doubt that she is coming back, but would welcome her with enthusiasm.

    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    If Cohen or Slutskaya had skated with triple triples and didn't fall and Arakawa still won some would surely find that controversial! But her opponents literally fell and held back. Discussing 2010 and the current Olympic champion and the programs of that year winners/losers is fine to me!
    CoP was a bit different in 2006... Besides, wasn´t Plushenko´s 2006 freeskate used as an example for judges of bad choreography. If Plushenko had skated to a good choreography and without several shaky looking jumps, he would have won in 2010 and deserved it. Instead he and his team chose to ignore CoP choreography, and today it seems that they have learned their lesson. On the other hand in that time Plushenko still got high scores for choreography and transitions, LOL. If the judging had been rightful, Takahashi would have gotten the silver, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Jaana; 05-04-2012 at 06:15 AM.

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,378
    I agree. Plushenko gets high PCS for having absolutely no choreography and poor spins and few transitions. Sorry but waving your hands around and flailing all over the ice is not doing transitions.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    If the judging was proper in Vancouver Takahashi would have won gold. His short program should have beaten Evan's by about 5 or 6 points, and their long programs should have scored about the same. I wonder if Nichol has some major political pull as well given that all her key students are blatantly overscored (Lysacek, Chan, Sale & Pelletier, etc...). Boy Kwan was dumb to leave her and all the free points being connected to Nichols apparently brings, she probably would have won in SLC even with her fall.

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Weir has a quad??? As far as I remember he never has jumped a successful, fully rotated quad in competition. And lots of people have had the opinion that the quads on the recent video clips were also twofooted or underrotated. Weir´s Olympic freeskate showed that he was not able to skate to a CoP programme with transitions in 2010. Surely otherwise he had skated to a programme to bring PCS...
    At least there's recent footage of Johnny attempting and landing quads, whether or not they are cheated or twofooted...the same cannot be said for Evan. When was the last time he landed a quad in competition?

  8. #38
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    from FSU : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...7&postcount=59

    David Wilson's opinion on Yuna's intention to comeback. I think it pretty much sums up what people agree with and bring some insight into the topic of this thread, being that he's the one of the closest friend with Yuna, not to mention her go-to choreographer.

    http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id...25&page=1&bbs=

  9. #39
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,338
    l'etoile, thank you for your constructive and cool-headed posts on this thread.

    When I click on this link I get a warning, purportedly from "Google Safe Browsing Diagnostics" saying that this site has been infected by trojans and other malware that can harm your computer. Now I am kind of afraid to give it a look.

  10. #40
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    ^^ Thank you, Mathman:D

    I just ignored the warning and so far nothing's wrong with my computer. I'll find another way to present this video though.
    Last edited by l'etoile; 05-04-2012 at 12:12 PM.

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post



    CoP was a bit different in 2006... Besides, wasn´t Plushenko´s 2006 freeskate used as an example for judges of bad choreography. If Plushenko had skated to a good choreography and without several shaky looking jumps, he would have won in 2010 and deserved it. Instead he and his team chose to ignore CoP choreography, and today it seems that they have learned their lesson. On the other hand in that time Plushenko still got high scores for choreography and transitions, LOL. If the judging had been rightful, Takahashi would have gotten the silver, in my opinion.
    I think that video of Plushenko's 2006 performance was used as an example of bad everything in PCS not just choreo. It was a "how not to skate" that used a Gold medal winning Olympic performance. Inman was involved and I think Nichol as well. Seems self serving for Nichol and used to advertise her business. If Plushenko had followed what was right he would not have have done a quad and it would have been exactly what Chan or Lysacek - Nichol clients- did. Triple triple. triple axel, triple jump, spin step, halfway point jump, jump, jump., jump, jump, spin step spin with repeated moves over and over like kick for chan and squat for lysacek and it would have proper and COP and correct. It would have been right to not do a quad and do 3/5 structure and repeat the same moves over and over but Plushenko wanted to do a quad and have his kind of program and it was mistake but he deserved to win even with not being Nichol- Inman friendly.

    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Okay. Your explanation makes it understandable bringing that up. And fyi I too share your points. I was just easing the fact that agitated manner only worsens those kinds of agony
    True! It's just unfortunate that the wrong person had to win in 2010 and be in the history books and current champion.
    Last edited by gmyers; 05-04-2012 at 12:41 PM.

  12. #42
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    I uploaded the interview of David Wilson on my vimeo account. You guys should see it without difficulty

    https://vimeo.com/41571669

    Also follows a nice assessment from a Korean reporter about Yuna's situation.

  13. #43
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,338
    Thank you very much. I think I am just a big scaredy-cat.

    What country was this taped in, Canada? All of the Korean people in the video spoke accent-free North American English, except the doctor who came on at the end.

    It does seem to be the consensus that Yu-na has little incentive to come back. Of course, the "consensus" doesn't count -- Yu-na herself is a majority of one.

  14. #44
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Thank you very much. I think I am just a big scaredy-cat.

    What country was this taped in, Canada? All of the Korean people in the video spoke accent-free North American English, except the doctor who came on at the end.

    It does seem to be the consensus that Yu-na has little incentive to come back. Of course, the "consensus" doesn't count -- Yu-na herself is a majority of one.
    I think it's an English-speaking broadcasting station in Korea. Or Korean broadcasting station in USA? The channel is labeled as Arirang TV.

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Thank you very much. I think I am just a big scaredy-cat.

    What country was this taped in, Canada? All of the Korean people in the video spoke accent-free North American English, except the doctor who came on at the end.

    It does seem to be the consensus that Yu-na has little incentive to come back. Of course, the "consensus" doesn't count -- Yu-na herself is a majority of one.
    It is an English channel in Korea.Many staffs there are KoreanAmericans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •