The Kentucky Derby is this Saturday
Kentucky Derby 2012 field! (barring any last-minute scratches)
Post Position/Horse/Jockey/Morning-Line Odds
1. Daddy Long Legs, Colm O'Donoghue, 30-1
2. Optimizer, Jon Court, 50-1
3. Take Charge Indy, Calvin Borel, 15-1
4. Union Rags, Julien Leparoux, 9-2
5. Dullahan, Kent Desormeaux, 8-1
6. Bodemeister, Mike Smith, 4-1
7. Rousing Sermon, Jose Lezcano, 50-1
8. Creative Cause, Joel Rosario, 12-1
9. Trinniberg, Willie Martinez, 50-1
10. Daddy Nose Best, Garrett Gomez, 15-1
11. Alpha, Rajiv Maragh, 15-1
12. Prospective, Luis Contreras, 30-1
13. Went The Day Well, John Velazquez, 20-1
14. Hansen, Ramon Dominguez, 10-1
15. Gemologist, Javier Castellano, 6-1
16. El Padrino, Raphael Bejarano, 20-1
17. Done Talking, Sheldon Russell, 50-1
18. Sabercat, Corey Nakatani, 30-1
19. I'll Have Another, Martin Gutierrez, 12-1
20. Liaison, Martin Garcia, 50-1
Alternate Entry (he gets in if someone else scratches out):
My Adonis, Elvis Trujillo
Mom used to love watching. We'd choose a winner in the classical way--if we liked the colors of the jockey's outfit. I don't think we every picked correctly. A perfect record!
Gotta love it! Action photos of the horses. What gorgeous steeds. I guess we can start the clock on hoping for a triple crown winner again. I was in love with Smarty Jones, who almost made it to the Crown. One of my favorite photos ever is this one of Secretariat (and no other horse except waaay in the background) at the Belmont Stakes. This photo is called "Secretariat humbles the field." A few instants after this photo was shot, he won the Belmont Stakes by about two dozen lengths. Never before, never since.
Last edited by Olympia; 05-03-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Secretariat had a big heart, literally. What a special horse he was! And he loved people and would pose for cameras!
Gotta Have Music