Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rochette pondering return to Olys

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Eh, is it rude to suggest that no lady skating singles for Canada is practically the equivalent of one lady not named Rochette at this moment in time?
    Huh? Too many negatives in that post to determine what is meant.

If Rochette doesn't skate we don't have anyone else to send anyway -- I apologize if that sounds rude.

Custom Title
    Yep.

Amelie LaCoste/Cynthia Phaneuf skating singles: Disappointing
    No Canadian lady entering: Disappointing.

More generally: remind me - After the countries with two or three slots take all their spots, countries go to a pre-disgnated senior B to earn a spot for their nation, right? So if Canada doesn't score a top ten next season, there is no guaranteed spot at the Olympics for ladies singles (though if Canada qualifiies for the team, they get a ladies competitor regardless, but only for the team event).

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Yep.

Amelie LaCoste/Cynthia Phaneuf skating singles: Disappointing
    No Canadian lady entering: Disappointing.

More generally: remind me - After the countries with two or three slots take all their spots, countries go to a pre-disgnated senior B to earn a spot for their nation, right? So if Canada doesn't score a top ten next season, there is no guaranteed spot at the Olympics for ladies singles (though if Canada qualifiies for the team, they get a ladies competitor regardless, but only for the team event).
    If that happens, we're back to a 1998 situation I guess. *sigh*

I actually think Kaetlyn Osmond MIGHT be able to get a 10th place finish at Worlds though.. she got 10th at Junior Worlds in quite a stacked field..

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    If that happens, we're back to a 1998 situation I guess. *sigh*

I actually think Kaetlyn Osmond MIGHT be able to get a 10th place finish at Worlds though.. she got 10th at Junior Worlds in quite a stacked field..
    Possibly, she could get 10th but it would be even more difficult next year. Worlds will probably be joined by most of the competitors at this year's worlds plus Gold, Sotnikova, and Tuktamysheva. However, I think Osmond has much higher chances of getting into top 10 than Lacoste or Phaneuf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2