~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Gas leak causes lung problems for skater Karen Magnussen
Canada - A gas leak at a North Vancouver ice rink that was reported as a minor incident last November may have put one of Canada's most prominent athletes out of commission for life.
It is sad news, indeed.
All the best to Karen...my skating hero for life.
Gotta Have Music
This is so sad. Wishing her all the best.
That was terrible!!! Wish her the all the best!!!
I would give her my lungs. Seriously.
Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
What happened to Karen, and also what happened to the hockey players here (and to one of the skaters at Adult Nationals this year) is bringing to light that a lot of rinks need to evaluate how to better conduct business so that what happened to Karen, and what happened to these people will either be minimized, or never happen again:
Originally Posted by Ladskater
Wow. Scary stuff indeed! What a sad story!